SIGN VICK RALPH

I, and for all the people who cancel their season tickets go ahead. That would be a choice that you have the right to make. I don't blame you if that is what you really want to do. He killed dogs and he did his time, he lost millions, let this go. Life goes on. I don't want to be insensitive to PETA and the other animal groups but I think the logical person would want these crimes he committed to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, this has been done. The logical person might want the offender to be fined, or have to pay for the care of the surviving animals, this has been does as well. The logical would want the offender to have to create more publicity to the illegal and immoral practices of dog fighting; this has been done as well. The logical person would want the offender to pay a high price for his crimes, this has been done. My question is; what else do you want to be done to this man? It seems to me that everything that can be done to Vick legally, morally and financially has be done already.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently you've never had a lot to drink. Let me clue you in on something

Wanna know why drinking and driving is illegal? It's because the alcohol dulls your alertness and thought processes. If it didn't, it wouldn't be an issue. But here's the kicker..the slowed thought processes don't start once you get in the car and start driving...they start when you're still drinking. So if you're insinuating that people who drive drunk do so intentionally (and to do something without intent is called an accident (a little refresher for the slow)), you don't have a clue about what alcohol does to the system

You're the kind of guy that keeps Mazda Miatas on the road. Your inability to accept an opinion which differs from your own is exactly what margnalizes your entire argument.

In addition to refering to yourself by a duchey third-person name and driving a very small convertible, I'd b willing to wager you talk very loudly and often invade others personal space during conversation. I'm sure you'll respond with an ellipsees filled "well you're an idiot who supports a scumbag," argument. It's not about supporting Vick; it's about understanding the justice system, understanding rehabilitation, and fighting against loud-mouth know-it-alls like yourself.

No. He's a sociopath (that's bad), and not a very smart sociopath at that. He can't help himself, and no doubt there are more troubles in his future. This "give him a second chance" stuff is just a smokescreen. Anyone can see he has had many chances.

Picture Vick and Marshawn hanging together on a Friday night.

If you just wanna talk football, he isn't a very good QB, and this "Wildcat Offense" will soon lose it's effectiveness.

I don't think he should be banned, in fact I hope the dolphins pick him up.

I think if we're going to sign him, it should be now. The tickets are already purchased for the upcoming season and most of the early games are already sold out. Business wise it makes sense to act now. Another season out of football will only hurt him. And a lot less people will be complaining if he comes in and tears it up.

I totally agree. I hate losing. I will worry about morality, right and wrong, and good character for myself and my children. When it comes to football, I want guys who are means SOB's and just want to kick ass and stomp on Tom Brady's head.

If you are really the guy who is wishing for someone to stomp on Brady's head in a literal sense, you have some bigger problems, it is still a game and those are guys are performing a job, and they aren't out to kill someone or stomp on their head. Now if you weren't speaking in a literal sense, then disregard my prior statement. Without turning this into a debate as to how screwed up society is, Vick had his chance to earn an amazing living as an NFL player, but he decided it would be more fun to kill and torture dogs (his choice). He was a role model that kids looked up to, he blew it, and he hasn't exactly been screaming how remorseful he is for what he did. Now I am sure you will come back and say he is remorseful, well about what? About losing the millions he was making as an athlete? Or maybe he will show remorse only for the fact that he got caught and his operation was shut down.

In my opinion he has done nothing to warrant a second chance but if someone wants to throw money at an average football player, as long as it's not the Bills I could care less

I never said go after everyone ala the Raiders. However, if we have a need at a position and there is a free agent available who would fill that need, I say go after him. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Vick to back-up Trent or even compete for the starting job. Competition brings out the best in players, so I'm sure Trent wouldn't be any worse off. I personally would rather have a homerun threat like Vick step in than Ryan Fitzpatrick (Kelly Holcomb version 2.0) should Trent go down, which he probably will at some point this season.

So you're saying the Raiders go after scumbags just for the hell of it, not because they have a need for a player / position. Ok.

apparently you've never had a lot to drink. Let me clue you in on something

Wanna know why drinking and driving is illegal? It's because the alcohol dulls your alertness and thought processes. If it didn't, it wouldn't be an issue. But here's the kicker..the slowed thought processes don't start once you get in the car and start driving...they start when you're still drinking. So if you're insinuating that people who drive drunk do so intentionally (and to do something without intent is called an accident (a little refresher for the slow)), you don't have a clue about what alcohol does to the system

I am still waiting for that person to come out who put a gun to Stallworth's head and told him to get drunk and get behind the wheel of his car. When that happens, I will agree with you that he had an "accident." Dude just admit your wrong and get on with it, you are making a fool of yourself, stating that it wasn't his fault he was drunk driving because alcohol dulled his alertness and thought process. Maybe O.J. was drunk that night too, damn why didn't they bring that up in his civil trial?

You do make good points but ....

Jim Kelly was not a saint off the football field.

I have heard stories about Bruce Smith, Biscutt, and some others on those Super Bowl teams we had and let me tell ya you would be surprised. We cheered for those guys big time overlooking their faults because we wanted to win the Super Bowl so bad. What is the difference now???

In a couple of weeks Bruce goes to the Hall of Fame. It was based what he did on the field not off it. And I will bet nobody on stage will mention is troubles with drinking. Hell even Thurman had drinking problems after his career was over but nobody said anything about it during his Hall of Fame week.

My point being we are all human beings, we all make mistakes, some make huge mistakes and they pay the price for it.

Vick paid his price and it was a heavy one.

All im saying he should not be denied a chance to make a living and we all know that he is a football player first.

Right - having an issue with alcohal is the same as training and promoting animals to viciously kill each other.

How many readers of this forum do you think have ever driven after a few drinks? I'd bet the vast majority, at some time or another. If not them, somebody they're close with. That doesn't minimize the act, but it's hardly in the same category as Vick's offense, which to most civil Americans, is inexcuseable. Now answer this - how many of you have been involved in organized dogfighting? It's not excatly typical behavior, especially for a highly paid professional!

RE: kelly & co:

My quote....They don't have to be choirboys, but I don't expect them to casually kill unwitting animals for their own sick entertainment. Vick obviously didn't need the money, so his personal enjoyment of the slaughter must have been his primary motive.

Many pro athletes are just big kids, and often engage in sophmoric activity, philandering, etc. There's a big difference between those having to "grow up" and others, like Vick, clandestinly engaging in illegal bloodsport against innocent victims.

And beyond all the moral judgement about Vick, he just ain't that great! That's all we need at a time when the team is seemingly coming together very nicely, is another QB controversy or distraction.

Right - having an issue with alcohal is the same as training and promoting animals to viciously kill each other.

How many readers of this forum do you think have ever driven after a few drinks? I'd bet the vast majority, at some time or another. If not them, somebody they're close with. That doesn't minimize the act, but it's hardly in the same category as Vick's offense, which to most civil Americans, is inexcuseable. Now answer this - how many of you have been involved in organized dogfighting? It's not excatly typical behavior, especially for a highly paid professional!

RE: kelly & co:

My quote....They don't have to be choirboys, but I don't expect them to casually kill unwitting animals for their own sick entertainment. Vick obviously didn't need the money, so his personal enjoyment of the slaughter must have been his primary motive.

Many pro athletes are just big kids, and often engage in sophmoric activity, philandering, etc. There's a big difference between those having to "grow up" and others, like Vick, clandestinly engaging in illegal bloodsport against innocent victims.

And beyond all the moral judgement about Vick, he just ain't that great! That's all we need at a time when the team is seemingly coming together very nicely, is another QB controversy or distraction.

I have never been involved in dog fighting myself but I know plenty of people who have been involved. Dog fighting in urban culture is like rooster fighting in Latino culture. It is not looked upon as the worst thing ever. It is practiced in more urban neighborhoods than you would think. In Urban culture the biggest baddest dog on the block comes with respect. I would rather people fight dogs, then to fight and kill each other. In urban culture dog fighting can take the place of harming one another or it can take the place of committing illegal acts against each other. I think dog fighting puts dangerous animals in society that can kill another human being. This is my biggest reason for being against it. As for the poor defenseless animals, I have a different feeling on that. An attack or security dog gets treated the same as a fighting dog. They are both trained to kill. What's the difference? I see plenty of stray dogs walking around that no one give a care about, so to put the life of an animal ahead of a human is ridiculous. What he did was wrong, he got what he deserved. Now it's time to move on. In my opinion Vick is not a scumbag. He abused animals (which is illegal) for his own personal pleasure the way we watch boxing, MMA and football, which is not illegal.

In my opinion Vick is not a scumbag. He abused animals (which is illegal) for his own personal pleasure the way we watch boxing, MMA and football, which is not illegal.

Just....wow....i got nothing to say to this.