Jauron : "it gives us a chance"

i CAN NOT stand dick Jauron always mummbling about the bills having " a chance" . "They’re a bright group, football smarts, they think the game and talk the game a lot. That gives us a CHANCE, but it won’t be easy,” says Jauron. This is the same idiot who has numberous unmemorable quotes. saying things like: "He had a high completion percentage and did a really nice job. So he needs to move forward from there and if he does that we’ll have a real CHANCE. I have a lot of faith in him and I believe rightly so because he’s performed.” Jauron is acting like to win a football game, you have a CHANCE. just like if you buy a powerball lottery ticket, you have a CHANCE. is winning an NFL game equaly difficult as winning the lottery for that man? doesn't he realise he has some say in the outcome of the *&^%ing game?!?!?!?!?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is he supposed to say? He isn't going to say anything negative or risk getting fined. He is asked the same dumb questions over and over. HOw many times can he be asked about TO's effect in the offense? Anyone consider that the constant posts on the subject is pretty much the equivalent of the subject matter?

LOL

If you guys really want a quote machine, you want...

Mike Leach

"We're going to treat the next three games all dramatically differently, and there will be all kinds of interesting little twists and nuances that we'll do to each individual one to dignify it for its importance that exists in the overall scheme of the universe. There'll be dramatic differences, and throughout the course of that deal, I'll enjoy talking about it in length."

If you guys really want a quote machine, you want...

Mike Leach

"We're going to treat the next three games all dramatically differently, and there will be all kinds of interesting little twists and nuances that we'll do to each individual one to dignify it for its importance that exists in the overall scheme of the universe. There'll be dramatic differences, and throughout the course of that deal, I'll enjoy talking about it in length."

Your relentless... I like that

:lol:

Seriously, who cares. Boring quotations have no correspondence to victories. I can name a lot of coaches who produced great quotes and few victories, and every cobination of the two factors has lots of examples. If we were winning, we would be laughing at what now irritates.

The question is whether we finally have the personnel, the coaches and the systems to win. We'll see.

i CAN NOT stand dick Jauron always mummbling about the bills having " a chance" . "They’re a bright group, football smarts, they think the game and talk the game a lot. That gives us a CHANCE, but it won’t be easy,” says Jauron. This is the same idiot who has numberous unmemorable quotes. saying things like: "He had a high completion percentage and did a really nice job. So he needs to move forward from there and if he does that we’ll have a real CHANCE. I have a lot of faith in him and I believe rightly so because he’s performed.” Jauron is acting like to win a football game, you have a CHANCE. just like if you buy a powerball lottery ticket, you have a CHANCE. is winning an NFL game equaly difficult as winning the lottery for that man? doesn't he realise he has some say in the outcome of the *&^%ing game?!?!?!?!?

You had me at "i CAN NOT stand dick Jauron"

Seriously, who cares. Boring quotations have no correspondence to victories. I can name a lot of coaches who produced great quotes and few victories, and every cobination of the two factors has lots of examples. If we were winning, we would be laughing at what now irritates.

The question is whether we finally have the personnel, the coaches and the systems to win. We'll see.

Exactly - every coach who speaks out in the media with "good" quotes ends up putting his foot in his mouth. I couldn't care if they never let DJ out of his office at OBD and had a recording of his bland quotes played on loop for the press conference. What really matters is what none of us fans will ever hear and that's how he talks to the players and coaches the players. Fans talk about how he doesn't seem to motivate the players, but again, how the hell do you know? I know my boss is a lot different in front of our team as opposed to being in front of a room full of people above her. I would expect the same thing with DJ. He just knows that what gets said in front of the media is basically meaningless, thus the meaningless drivel that comes out of his pressers.

Your relentless... I like that

:lol:

Here are a couple more:

On tortilla throwing Tech fans in 2002...

“At no level do I see where the Red Raider football team is responsible at all for any tortillas being thrown. We watch over them very carefully, and before they ever go on the field, we ensure that none of them have tortillas.”

On Alabama...

“I don't see a lot of weaknesses in the Alabama defense. They run just a basic good, old-fashioned defense, which they execute it real well. I think the strength of that team is the fact they don't have a lot of weaknesses.”

And, hopefully, one we can say about our Bills...

"This year's team could beat last year's team's ass."