Score one for the creationists!

In the small, Godly town of Grantsburg, Wisconsin, the local school board has decided to include creationism in science class. Joseph Donovan, the spokesman for the department of public instruction insists that the new rule is perfectly legal. "It is important to note that school districts are allowed to create their own curricular standards, and district standards do not need to be consistent with the state model academic standards."

I hope activist liberal judges keep their grubby hands off this decision so children can finally learn the truth about their origins in public school. Its about time someone had the good sense to deflate the silly theory of evolution since it advocates that we all "evolved" from some primordial puddle of goo. LOL, its just so silly.

Creationism

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now if I could only get the US Govt to fully recognize Druidism as a proper religion....

108527[/snapback]

I hope you're joking because druidism would be bad for America. Have you ever seen a druid? They are usually homosexual, they definately never shower, and its rumored they dance on the ashes of dead babies for fun.

I hope you're joking because druidism would be bad for America.  Have you ever seen a druid?  They are usually homosexual, they definately never shower, and its rumored they dance on the ashes of dead babies for fun.

108540[/snapback]

In other words, they are a bunch of T-bones?

In the small, Godly town of Grantsburg, Wisconsin, the local school board has decided to include creationism in science class.  Joseph Donovan, the spokesman for the department of public instruction insists that the new rule is perfectly legal.  "It is important to note that school districts are allowed to create their own curricular standards, and district standards do not need to be consistent with the state model academic standards."

I hope activist liberal judges keep their grubby hands off this decision so children can finally learn the truth about their origins in public school.  Its about time someone had the good sense to deflate the silly theory of evolution since it advocates that we all "evolved" from some primordial puddle of goo.  LOL, its just so silly.

Creationism

108509[/snapback]

Wham, if you are using sarcasm or innuendo, take it from an oldster - it's an oral art, occasionally it works well in print, but it's an utter failure in electronic communications.

But to Creation - that's my belief, but evolution also exists - just ask any farmer. God understands science and gave the understanding to us.

Son, do not be an alarmist or a zealot. The delivery of the Lord's message is His province, not yours or mine.

Wham, if you are using sarcasm or innuendo, take it from an oldster - it's an oral art, occasionally it works well in print, but it's an utter failure in electronic communications.

But to Creation - that's my belief, but evolution also exists - just ask any farmer. God understands science and gave the understanding to us.

Son, do not be an alarmist or a zealot.  The delivery of the Lord's message is His province, not yours or mine.

108560[/snapback]

Until someone can explain where the goo came from, creationism has its place.

Until someone can explain where the goo came from, creationism has its place.

108607[/snapback]

Yes. Our great secular and religious minds throughout time cannot resolve that.

And how sad it would be, to stare up to the stars at night, that magnificence, and say to oneself, "I'm just a collection of molecules - no more that that". Ugh!

Occasionally, we are given folks with mighty intellects that argue us back to some semblence of faith.

I suspect we are no more than God's crushed salted peanut crumbs, in the grand scheme of things. But isn't it a good thing that crushed salted peanut crumbs can be so darn enjoyable? :w00t:

Everything scientists have discovered supporting evolution, everything that's still out there waiting to be discovered, and people still point to their 2,000-y.o. book with an oral creation myth.

Science deals with observable information. If Creationism is what you want, teach it on Sundays or enroll your kids in your local madrasa... err... Christian school. Don't use my tax dollars to further your religious cause.

Man, I'm glad I live in a state where the people are actually somewhat sane.

And how sad it would be, to stare up to the stars at night, that magnificence, and say to oneself, "I'm just a collection of molecules - no more that that". Ugh! 

108631[/snapback]

We're not a collection of molecules? I'm a carbon-based life form. What are you? :w00t:

When I look up at the stars I think that very thing, I'm surprisingly comfortable with it. My molecules --- hydrogens, oxygens, nitrogens, etc. --- will all get recycled back to the earth when I go.

Everything scientists have discovered supporting evolution, everything that's still out there waiting to be discovered, and people still point to their 2,000-y.o. book with an oral creation myth.

Science deals with observable information. If Creationism is what you want, teach it on Sundays or enroll your kids in your local madrasa... err... Christian school. Don't use my tax dollars to further your religious cause.

108638[/snapback]

Why are people in your state "somewhat sane"?

108638[/snapback]

Well, I'm a chemist. I do know that about 10,000 years ago, the climate became greatly attenuated, going away from 20 degree swings to 2 or 3 degree swings. I know that the enate mitochrondrial variance is much less varied in homo sapiens than it should be if our species were of the age of the apes and other primates. I do know that the so-called "missing link" remains elusive.

Evoultion is about survival of the fittest. If that were all, slavery of our fellow humans makes perfect sense. Justice has no place. Racial superiority would not only make sense, it would be mandatory.

Somehow, though, something mitigates...even though it makes no scientific sense...

Yes. Our great secular and religious minds throughout time cannot resolve that.

Occasionally, we are given folks with mighty intellects that argue us back to some semblence of faith.

I suspect we are no more than God's crushed salted peanut crumbs, in the grand scheme of things. But isn't it a good thing that crushed salted peanut crumbs can be so darn enjoyable? :w00t:

108631[/snapback]

I just like the salt. Forget the peanuts and their crumbs.

There's plenty of room for the two theories to peacefully co-exist and taken together they make a lot of sense. I think the error lies in believing that they have to be mutually exclusive. I understand that evolution makes some people uncomfortable, but that's where their faith ought to come in. If their faith isn't enough, that's a weakness of theirs. If God wanted us to know everything absolutely, we'd know. Faith is what bridges the gaps.

Well, I'm a chemist. I do know that about 10,000 years ago, the climate became greatly attenuated, going away from 20 degree swings to 2 or 3 degree swings. I know that the enate mitochrondrial variance is much less varied in homo sapiens than it should be if our species were of the age of the apes and other primates.  I do know that the so-called "missing link" remains elusive.

Evoultion is about survival of the fittest. If that were all, slavery of our fellow humans makes perfect sense. Justice has no place. Racial superiority would not only make sense, it would be mandatory.

Somehow, though, something mitigates...even though it makes no scientific sense...

108672[/snapback]

Gosh darn right!

There are pointy headed evil-ution lovers that say, "Get a life, the missing links are austropithecines such as ramidus and afarensis, as well as homo habilus and homo erectus" but they don't have a clue what they're talking about because where are the links BETWEEN those links?

I just like the salt.  Forget the peanuts and their crumbs.

There's plenty of room for the two theories to peacefully co-exist and taken together they make a lot of sense.  I think the error lies in believing that they have to be mutually exclusive. I understand that evolution makes some people uncomfortable, but that's where their faith ought to come in.  If their faith isn't enough, that's a weakness of theirs.  If God wanted us to know everything absolutely, we'd know.  Faith is what bridges the gaps.

108677[/snapback]

I like the salt, too.

I think you and I have bridged a gap.

In the small, Godly town of Grantsburg, Wisconsin, the local school board has decided to include creationism in science class.  Joseph Donovan, the spokesman for the department of public instruction insists that the new rule is perfectly legal.  "It is important to note that school districts are allowed to create their own curricular standards, and district standards do not need to be consistent with the state model academic standards."

I hope activist liberal judges keep their grubby hands off this decision so children can finally learn the truth about their origins in public school.  Its about time someone had the good sense to deflate the silly theory of evolution since it advocates that we all "evolved" from some primordial puddle of goo.  LOL, its just so silly.

Creationism

108509[/snapback]

Did your God create all those billions of Muslim psychos that all want to kill us and and that you want to kill, and just make a little mistake? And they just need to be born again and see the light and they will be okay and go to your Heaven? Or did Allah create him and remarkably, they all had the exact same chemical make-up and history as the ones your God created out of nothing. Now THAT would be remarkable.

Gosh darn right!

There are pointy headed evil-ution lovers that say, "Get a life, the missing links are austropithecines such as ramidus and afarensis, as well as homo habilus and homo erectus" but they don't have a clue what they're talking about because where are the links BETWEEN those links?

108682[/snapback]

Wham, please don't quote me. You are jumping on my words as some sort of validation of your own statements.

If you indeed believe in the Lord, using terms such as "pointy-headed evil-ution lovers" falls far from his Message. Correct?