It Might Get Loud

BLZFAN4LIFE

man....does that look great (trailer). Not a real big fan of the Edge, but who knows.....I might be after seeing this. Page could play Old McDonald and make it into an anthem....

My thoughts exactly, never really cared too much for u2 or the Edge, but for me, it doesn't get much better than Page/White.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
too bad jack white's in it. otherwise, i'd probably want to go see it.

kind of like putting dave matthews in the same movie as Robert Plant and Eddie Vedder.

or journey in a movie with the Stone and Replacements.

jw

Now I know to ignore your music opinions. <_< Jack White is one of the most talented and creative musicians in the business. While the label "icon" may be a bit premature, if he keeps going he will certainly live up to it.

Now I know to ignore your music opinions. <_< Jack White is one of the most talented and creative musicians in the business. While the label "icon" may be a bit premature, if he keeps going he will certainly live up to it.

the way he hacked up Loretta Lynn's album, somehow assuming he made it "better" with his guitar fart experimentalism was one reason i didn't like him. thanks to Lynn's still wonderful talent, the album proved to be a winner despite him. Rubin might have/should have been the better producer.

as for White's irrational and consistent ability to avoid anything approaching melody, well, if that counts for music this decade, i can see why he fits in for the most part.

jw

kind of like putting dave matthews in the same movie as Robert Plant and Eddie Vedder.

jw

Go see the movie. I'm not going to say you will suddenly love Jack White's music but, I guarantee you will respect his approach and him as an artist.

Go see the movie. I'm not going to say you will suddenly love Jack White's music but, I guarantee you will respect his approach and him as an artist.

Dan III:

my leanings against White will likely lead me to wait for the movie to come out on cable. i'll make a point to see it then, and see what i think. not making any promises, though. thanks for at least offering that.

and to others above, i think "icon" is a heavy word to be throwing around. don't know if there's been any music icons produced this decade, though John Frusciante made a solid argument in placing himself among his generation's best guitar players on Stadium Arcadium. forceful, yet not overdone, and fully presented within the confines of the song and melody. ... to me, the opposite of Sir White, in my humble opinion.

jw

I always had mad respect for Jack White and then watched him on Charlie Rose and gained even more respect. He is interesting and articulate and knows his roots. He spoke of the genius of Orson Welles and Blind Willie Johnson and spoke about philosophies. I truly believe Jack White is one of the most talented song writers I have heard. And the Recanteurs are sick!

I always had mad respect for Jack White and then watched him on Charlie Rose and gained even more respect. He is interesting and articulate and knows his roots. He spoke of the genius of Orson Welles and Blind Willie Johnson and spoke about philosophies. I truly believe Jack White is one of the most talented song writers I have heard. And the Recanteurs are sick!

I think Consolers of the Lonely is one of the top albums of the past 20 years. It took me a long time to come to that way of thinking, but I've had that album since it was released and I still listen to it, from start to finish, regularly (about once a week).

jw

Honestly, I don't get White or Edge being in a movie with Page. From what I hear, they have little to talk about with Page, and the whole thing seems contrived. I'm sure guitar worshipers will find something to like in it, though.

Honestly, I don't get White or Edge being in a movie with Page. From what I hear, they have little to talk about with Page, and the whole thing seems contrived. I'm sure guitar worshipers will find something to like in it, though.

This was interesting premise that fell flat. From the promos I would have thought these guys shared some (recent) history together. It was more like three strangers awkwardly getting on together. Not insightful or remotely engaging. I've dug Jack White since De Stijl dropped, but he will never match Page's accomplishments on the guitar. He is a creative dude though.

The Edge is a fine guitarist with a distinct sound (too much on the effects side for my taste), but not exactly an innovator. He borrowed Keith Levene's sound and beat it to death. But again, I'm also one that thinks U2 peaked in 1992.

• 4 weeks later...