Vick suspended for 4 games.

nucci

No surprise. I mentioned it and linked it twice in this thread already and you didn't bother to read or notice. :thumbsup:

Ooops...my bad :oops:

(But, you didn't say "indefinitely" ;) .)

Apparently it needed to be said again - and probably will still need repeating - since some don't seem to realize that Vick's already suspended.

How can Goodell suspend someone who's already suspended? :lol:

Unless, of course, he puts Vick on...

Double Secret Probation

(warning: language)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many different ways people can point out that a suspension given to someone already incarcerated, is meaningless. If they didn't suspend him for the last two years, what would be the difference? He has yet to show he can operate within the law, as a free man.

The UFL may not be a bad idea for Mike. Get back into football shape, show the NFL he is a changed man...all that. I certainly wouldn't employ a soulless/heartless sub-human...but, hey that's me.

They could have let him stay active and fine him for every game he missed. :lol:

Actually Lynch isn't getting the appropriate punishment. A moving violation and a first-time gun offense are hardly worth 3 games, or even 1, since it's not a repeat offense and no one was even close to being injured by the gun.

But hey, I'm a conspiracy theory nutjob.

You still, somehow, after all this time and discussion, have not grasped the fact that the Commish regards the gun bust as a second offense. Especially after he sat down with Goodell after the hit and run. No doubt also he read the police report and made his own conclusions.

And it would clearly surprise you to learn that the law does not take into account intent when it busts you for an illegal weapons charge. Tank Williams was busted for having guns in his house. Also a second strike, that cost him 6.

You are one sick F-CK!!! What you said is disgraceful. I for one will be excited like everyone else on this message board to see Mike Vick do his thing on the field once again. What he did was very wrong. I think we can all agree with that. But he served his time in prison, and will always have disgraced his name. However, time will march on and his misdeeds will leave the spotlight. And like everything else it will be pretty much forgotten. So stop getting all worked up like a dumb psycho and move on with your hate. Football and the NFL is awesome. Goodell is a smart guy. I am sure he had his reasons for his decision on Vick. So just relax.

While I agree that the post you are replying to was over the top, I have to jump in here. No offense, paup, but please don't make generalized statements like this or lump us all together. I am not one bit excited to "see Mike Vick do his thing on the field again." Zip, zero, nada, none. And I am certain there are others who feel like I do, although I won't speak for others.

While I agree that the post you are replying to was over the top, I have to jump in here. No offense, paup, but please don't make generalized statements like this or lump us all together. I am not one bit excited to "see Mike Vick do his thing on the field again." Zip, zero, nada, none. And I am certain there are others who feel like I do, although I won't speak for others.

Fortunately I am confident Vick would never sign with the Bills (for many reasons). But if he did, I would not root for the Bills while he was on the team. There are few things in the world that could stop me rooting for my lifelong favorite team, the team that really adds more to my life than anything outside of my family. But signing Vick would be the that thing.

Fortunately I am confident Vick would never sign with the Bills (for many reasons). But if he did, I would not root for the Bills while he was on the team. There are few things in the world that could stop me rooting for my lifelong favorite team, the team that really adds more to my life than anything outside of my family. But signing Vick would be the that thing.

Agreed, I don't see the Bills pursuing him and that's great, IMO.

FWIW, I had something similar at the end of my post but edited it out. Thought the whole thing read a little too whiny/hysterical with it in there, but that's about where I stand. I would go one step further, though - I would stop watching the Bills while Vick was on the team, and the guy(s) who brought him in were still in charge.

You still, somehow, after all this time and discussion, have not grasped the fact that the Commish regards the gun bust as a second offense. Especially after he sat down with Goodell after the hit and run. No doubt also he read the police report and made his own conclusions.

And it would clearly surprise you to learn that the law does not take into account intent when it busts you for an illegal weapons charge. Tank Williams was busted for having guns in his house. Also a second strike, that cost him 6.

I didn't realize that a moving violation ticket for accidentally and unwittingly hitting a woman (which is all Sir Roger could have deduced from reading the police report, much less the other pieces of data that make up the whole case) constituted an "offense." The only "offense" people took was to Lynch exercising his 5th amendment rights (the horror!). But hey, judging by this latest ruling, Sir Roger just makes the rules up as he goes along.

I find it funny that Vick testing positive for pot while on bail didn't constitute an additional offense, meriting him an 8-game suspension at least. And judging by how you've been railing against Vick, I can't believe that this ruling by Sir Roger sits well with you. But knowing how you operate despite the little amount of time you've been here, you'll obviously spin this in a way to make it seem wholly appropriate. So let's hear it.

Guest dog14787
Agreed, I don't see the Bills pursuing him and that's great, IMO.

FWIW, I had something similar at the end of my post but edited it out. Thought the whole thing read a little too whiny/hysterical with it in there, but that's about where I stand. I would go one step further, though - I would stop watching the Bills while Vick was on the team, and the guy(s) who brought him in were still in charge.

The only thing that stops me from standing behind the Buffalo Bills, come hell or high water is relocation, but hey, then they wouldn't be the Buffalo Bills anyway so it really wouldn't matter. :lol:

The only thing that stops me from standing behind the Buffalo Bills, come hell or high water is relocation, but hey, then they wouldn't be the Buffalo Bills anyway so it really wouldn't matter. :lol:

That's a given, but for me that's not the only thing. As I said, I don't want to speak for others, but as Dean showed, there are others who are of a similar mindset.

If Vick was a Bill, I'm sure the 4 games would be viewed as too much and that he already suffered plenty with the two years in prison...

Whatever the case, I hope the Bills don't go anywhere near him...he sucks.

If Vick was a Bill, I'm sure the 4 games would be viewed as too much and that he already suffered plenty with the two years in prison...

Whatever the case, I hope the Bills don't go anywhere near him...he sucks.

Sure, Mr joined a few days ago. You know us SOOOO well.

Sure, Mr joined a few days ago. You know us SOOOO well.

See Marshawn Lynch...

And I should probably correct myself that it wasn't two years in prison, but two years away from the game.

Guest dog14787
That's a given, but for me that's not the only thing. As I said, I don't want to speak for others, but as Dean showed, there are others who are of a similar mindset.

Oh I know, and I'm sure its the same everywhere around the league.

I didn't realize that a moving violation ticket for accidentally and unwittingly hitting a woman (which is all Sir Roger could have deduced from reading the police report, much less the other pieces of data that make up the whole case) constituted an "offense." The only "offense" people took was to Lynch exercising his 5th amendment rights (the horror!). But hey, judging by this latest ruling, Sir Roger just makes the rules up as he goes along.

I find it funny that Vick testing positive for pot while on bail didn't constitute an additional offense, meriting him an 8-game suspension at least. And judging by how you've been railing against Vick, I can't believe that this ruling by Sir Roger sits well with you. But knowing how you operate despite the little amount of time you've been here, you'll obviously spin this in a way to make it seem wholly appropriate. So let's hear it.

I was talking about the gun bust report.

Where do I stand on Vick's suspension? Know how I "operate", eh? Looking for "obvious spin"?

Well, hate to ruin it for you (again), but my thoughts on Vick haven't changed:

A second chance at what?

His second chance at being an free, mature, adult citizen began when he was released from prison.

A second chance at being a crappy NFL QB? Why is that necessary?

Let him go play with JP in the toss off league.

Despite that, you, in the same thread, posted this nugget of non-comprehension:

The funny thing is that Vick had a .618 winning percentage, on an average team as you said. And he actually won a playoff game. That should make him a god in Mr. WEO's eyes.

So, to spell it out in a way so plain that even you will not be able to claim confusion---I don't think vick belongs in the league and should have gotten at least a couple of years suspension, if not lifetime.

Now's the part where you say Mr. WEO thinks Vick is great and the Commish is infallible because of TOs contract with the Eagles......

I was talking about the gun bust report.

You mean the first true offense? Yep, he had an illegal weapon in a box in the trunk of his car. He got a wholly appropriate misdemeanor and fine for a first-time, non-violent, non-threatening case. It's not like he got away with anything there, like Stallworth did in his case or Marshall did in his cases.

Where do I stand on Vick's suspension? Know how I "operate", eh? Looking for "obvious spin"?

Well, hate to ruin it for you (again), but my thoughts on Vick haven't changed:

Despite that, you, in the same thread, posted this nugget of non-comprehension:

So, to spell it out in a way so plain that even you will not be able to claim confusion---I don't think vick belongs in the league and should have gotten at least a couple of years suspension, if not lifetime.

Now's the part where you say Mr. WEO thinks Vick is great and the Commish is infallible because of TOs contract with the Eagles......

Actually chief, I was asking for your thoughts on Sir Roger's reported 4-game suspension of Vick. You have to think he's as retarded as I thought he was for Lynch's suspension. Well?

And talk about non-comprehension! The stuff about Vick, his winning percentage, and taking his team to the playoffs and winning was sarcasm, given your Flutie taint-licking. And something tells me you had the same dislike of Vick even before the dog killing.

Why would any team want him? He sucks as a qb. Maybe a better running back, but would get killed as an every down player. I would much rather take my chances with Losman.

lolwut? I'd take a QB that can throw for 2500 yards and run for 1,000 more, an overall threat to score running or passing on every down over JP Loss-man every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Can you honestly say that Vick would be a worse option than anyone in our current stable of QBs?

lolwut? I'd take a QB that can throw for 3,000 yards and run for 1,000 more, an overall threat to score running or passing on every down over JP Loss-man every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Can you honestly say that Vick would be a worse option than anyone in our current stable of QBs?

Given the Bills offense under Jauron and Turk, I think all of the QBs are better options than Vick.

In the Bills' system, Vick would be a zero. Try to consider context before making outrageous remarks.

Given the Bills offense under Jauron and Turk, I think all of the QBs are better options than Vick.

In the Bills' system, Vick would be a zero. Try to consider context before making outrageous remarks.

The Bills offense under Jauron and Schonert has typically been centered around quick decisions and outlet passes, something that Trent supposedly excels with. However, given the offensive line struggles that have been notorious with this franchise, having a quarterback who can move well outside of the pocket and make big plays with his feet would seem valuable. It's not like we've gotten anywhere with Trent that would warrant thinking of him as a more effective option than Vick.