Saving Black Marriages

Chef Jim

To a certain truth you are right... I think some don't realize how far "separate but equal" has set this issue back... We are finally catching up to where we left off... It isn't just about slavery.

I bring that up because that is one of the "issues" black marriages deal with. Really? Black marriages deal with slavery? Yeah you hear that all the time I bet. "Honey, how come you didn't get that promotion at work?" "oh I would have had it not been for that damn slavery."

Is this a real issue amongst marriages?

Yes we all are different in one form or another. By reading the article, they both have good jobs, smart children, what sounds like a beautiful home and they own property in the area. Please tell me where and what any of this attributes to color or ethnicity.

This article is absolute sh-t. If white people started a center for strictly white marriages there would be people picketing and calling it racist and wrong.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bring that up because that is one of the "issues" black marriages deal with. Really? Black marriages deal with slavery? Yeah you hear that all the time I bet. "Honey, how come you didn't get that promotion at work?" "oh I would have had it not been for that damn slavery."

Is this a real issue amongst marriages?

Yes we all are different in one form or another. By reading the article, they both have good jobs, smart children, what sounds like a beautiful home and they own property in the area. Please tell me where and what any of this attributes to color or ethnicity.

This article is absolute sh-t. If white people started a center for strictly white marriages there would be people picketing and calling it racist and wrong.

Ya... Slavery gets all the glory... How do you nicely lump the 1880's to the 1960's into one nice word. ?? There in lies your problem, there are still married generations withg ties to those times.

Correct. At least according to this article at divorcerate.org:

http://www.divorcerate.org/

It only makes sense that people who failed at their marriage would have a higher percentage of failing in their subsequent marriages. You'd think after two, they would realize they don't do this particular thing, all that well.

No reason to debate nor do I care to try to rediscover my source but I recall the logic was different in what I read - simply that if you fail once you are more aware of factors that led to the downfall.

At the same time, I can see where if you were unsuccessful once that maybe this is not the gig for you.

No reason to debate nor do I care to try to rediscover my source but I recall the logic was different in what I read - simply that if you fail once you are more aware of factors that led to the downfall.

At the same time, I can see where if you were unsuccessful once that maybe this is not the gig for you.

Once? Maybe. Twice? I think you should look into another arrangement.