Buffalo News Guide to Training Camp 2009

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/735099.html

The above link has pretty much every bit of information on Bills' Camp 2009. It might be handy to pin it for reference as camp starts on Saturday.

Go Bills!

I already made this request in another thread but I am begging again - I am from Chicago but will be in the Buf area that weeekend. Would like to attend the Sunday July 26th practice at 2:15 pm. Called the Bills and they said I can only get the complimentary tickets at the Verizon stores in Rochester area. Called all the stores and was told they are only available for local pick-up ! How can I get my hands on one ticket ? Can I just show up and give the above story to be admitted without a ticket ? Please help guys !!

I already made this request in another thread but I am begging again - I am from Chicago but will be in the Buf area that weeekend. Would like to attend the Sunday July 26th practice at 2:15 pm. Called the Bills and they said I can only get the complimentary tickets at the Verizon stores in Rochester area. Called all the stores and was told they are only available for local pick-up ! How can I get my hands on one ticket ? Can I just show up and give the above story to be admitted without a ticket ? Please help guys !!

They are given out four at a time and sometimes people will have extra ones. If you wait by the bus and ask people I'm sure somebody will have an extra ticket. Also, whenever I have extra tickets, not for the first two practices, I'll hand my extra tickets to the guy who stands outside the buses. Some guys will take them and hold on to them for people just like you.

Mapquest Link for the Calkins Road Parking

Mapquest Link for Barker Road parking

Mapquest Link for Mendon road parking.

Thanx, Steely. A kind soul will be mailing me an extra ticket he has. If I do not get it before I fly then I will just show up and hope for the best.

I was out of town and just checked Ticketmaster now; are the practices "sold out"?

I don't know officially but they are given out at Verizon stores. Call the Verizon store at Eastview Mall and they could tell you about all the Verizon stores availability. If they aren't totally gone they probably will be by the end of the week. The tickets are free.

Call the Eastview Verizon store:

Phone Number: 585-223-9910

I don't know officially but they are given out at Verizon stores. Call the Verizon store at Eastview Mall and they could tell you about all the Verizon stores availability. If they aren't totally gone they probably will be by the end of the week. The tickets are free.

I know the tickets are free, but being out of town, I missed the window for the night practices. Am I reading the schedule correctly and tickets are now required for ALL practices, including day-time?

I know the tickets are free, but being out of town, I missed the window for the night practices. Am I reading the schedule correctly and tickets are now required for ALL practices, including day-time?

Just the opening-weekend two-a-days in addition to the night practices.

Tickets will be made available for the July 30th night practice beginning Fri. July 24th at 9:00 a.m. Details on Buffalobills.com at noon.

Also, in response to a Q from mead: I'm checking, but because there's a four-hour gap between the morning and afternoon practices this weekend, be advised that they'll probably clear the facilities in the interim -- no double-dipping on a morning ticket. Like I said, though, I haven't confirmed that yet.

Edit: this HAS now been confirmed, courtesy of marketing director Andy Major. (Thanks, Andy.) They will be closing the site and re-opening for the afternoon practices.

Edited by Lori

Anybody know if there are any places in Rochester where we can tailgate before getting on the shuttle bus? I asked the Bills and they claimed that they will not allow tailgating in the bus lots because they do not own them. Please help!

Also, in response to a Q from mead: I'm checking, but because there's a four-hour gap between the morning and afternoon practices this weekend, be advised that they'll probably clear the facilities in the interim -- no double-dipping on a morning ticket. Like I said, though, I haven't confirmed that yet.

Edit: this HAS now been confirmed, courtesy of marketing director Andy Major. (Thanks, Andy.) They will be closing the site and re-opening for the afternoon practices.

I will try to get in on the next batch.

If any TBDers have extra "free" tickets for night games kicking around, please send me a PM. :oops:

Anybody know if there are any places in Rochester where we can tailgate before getting on the shuttle bus? I asked the Bills and they claimed that they will not allow tailgating in the bus lots because they do not own them. Please help!

There is a nice park by the canal, Perinton Park, that is not far from the lots. Also, if you are discreet, I would think you could have a mini tailgate in the parking lot. Beer in a cup and sandwiches, but no grills. :oops:

There are still tickets available at this store for all this weekend's sessions, as of 10:20 this morning.

Okay, roll call: who's going to be at SJF this weekend? I'm heading up in the morning, with plans (and one extra ticket) for all four practices. Also, FWIW, Tim will be in town this weekend before heading off to Jets camp. If you want to meet up, either call my cell (if you have it) or drop a line to portsports (at) verizon.net.

Okay, roll call: who's going to be at SJF this weekend? I'm heading up in the morning, with plans (and one extra ticket) for all four practices. Also, FWIW, Tim will be in town this weekend before heading off to Jets camp. If you want to meet up, either call my cell (if you have it) or drop a line to portsports (at) verizon.net.

Planning on being at both Saturday practices. What parking lot are you going to use? I'm shooting to be on one of the first buses over.

I'll be at both on Sunday, thanks to Jay Rubeo!

Planning on being at both Saturday practices. What parking lot are you going to use? I'm shooting to be on one of the first buses over.

Dunno yet. Suppose I should go look at the directions to each, and pick one. However, there's no chance I make it up there for the first bus -- just got home from work, the alarm's set for roughly 5 hours from now, and it's a 2 1/2-hour drive on a good day ...

Going to try to make it to SJF by 9, anyway. Your cell number hasn't changed, correct?

Dunno yet. Suppose I should go look at the directions to each, and pick one. However, there's no chance I make it up there for the first bus -- just got home from work, the alarm's set for roughly 5 hours from now, and it's a 2 1/2-hour drive on a good day ...

Going to try to make it to SJF by 9, anyway. Your cell number hasn't changed, correct?

Correct, same number. I'm bringing my camera, so I'm going to try to get a spot high up on the bleachers.