Nickel CB position

We all know that this will be a very good battle throughout Training Camp so I just wanted to get a early feeling on who the board thought would win the Nickel CB. I tryed to do a poll on this but it didn't work, Sorry.

This and 4th WR seem to be the spots where we have a plethora of good choices.

More worried about DE, Safeties, tackles, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Madden has an interesting take on "Who's Your Pick for the Super Bowl?". He always says that you have to pick the team that won it, until someone comes along and knocks them off. I'm not always one of Madden's biggest fans, but the logic does seem to hold in the early part of the season.

If I use that logic, therefore, I'm picking the person that took the nickel spot coming out of camp last year. It's Yobouty's to lose. If that guy shows what he showed last summer, he'll be a lock for nickel. He simply played lights-out, and pushed everyone else aside. Cripes, there were discussions during last year's training camp where people were wondering if he was going to supplant Greer as the Number 2 sometime during the season. Then came the plantar fascitis. It depends on how he comes back from the surgery, but if he's back to where he was last August, you have to pick the guy who won the spot last year. And I'm sticking with it.

If the coaches haven't lost confidence in Youboty's ability to stay on the field, I think he gets the gig. Otherwise, I think he may be off the team. (If he can stay healthy, he will be a quality starting CB in this league.) It isn't a question of ability with Youboty...we KNOW he can do the job.

If it isn't Youboty, I think it may be Florence to start the year, and Corner ready to step-in if he falters, or if injuries cause a shuffle, again. Maybe they use Florence and Corner more or less equally, if Youboty is let go. If this is the case, I really hope Corner emerges as "the man".

This is a tough one. Florence I thought would of been the logical choice, all though Youbouty when healthy is pretty damn good, but my gut tells me Corner.

Who wants to bet that Florence will be cut just like Will James last year? If you are a veteran CB, I would advise against signing with the Bills.

Corner has a very good shot at it and I think he probably has the inside track for the position. According to Chris Brown he also has come in this year looking like he's gotten bigger and stronger. He mentioned him as one of the few guys that had notably bulked up (also mentioned Derek Schouman and Steve Johnson)

Youboty hasn't proved that he can stay on the field.

If the coaches haven't lost confidence in Youboty's ability to stay on the field, I think he gets the gig. Otherwise, I think he may be off the team. (If he can stay healthy, he will be a quality starting CB in this league.) It isn't a question of ability with Youboty...we KNOW he can do the job.

If it isn't Youboty, I think it may be Florence to start the year, and Corner ready to step-in if he falters, or if injuries cause a shuffle, again. Maybe they use Florence and Corner more or less equally, if Youboty is let go. If this is the case, I really hope Corner emerges as "the man".

Youboty is signed through this year and an UFA next year (well, depending on what happens, or doesn't, with the CBA). If he has a good and healthy year, he'll likely command a high salary and be gone. If he doesn't stay healthy, the Bills might be able to re-sign him cheap, but he'll have proven to be too injury-prone. So it's a double-edged sword. But I think he's with the Bills this year, unless he can't return from his current injury.

Youboty is signed through this year and an UFA next year (well, depending on what happens, or doesn't, with the CBA). If he has a good and healthy year, he'll likely command a high salary and be gone. If he doesn't stay healthy, the Bills might be able to re-sign him cheap, but he'll have proven to be too injury-prone. So it's a double-edged sword. But I think he's with the Bills this year, unless he can't return from his current injury.

I agree he is likely (but not certainly) gone, next year. When I said he will be a good starting CB in the league, I didn't necessarily mean he'd be with Buffalo. But with McGee likely gone at the end of the year, Youboty might be the best replacement, if he can stay on the field. Unlike Terrence, Ashton is not in line for huge CB money next year.

As for him making the team, I believe he will likely be with the team (and be the nickel CB). But if Corner looks great, and Florence is as good as he was at the nickel spot in SD, it may come down to the staff's trust in Youboty's ability to stay on the field. It has been suggested the coaching staff thinks he is too soft. He definitely doesn't play soft, but he misses a bunch of time.

Who wants to bet that Florence will be cut just like Will James last year? If you are a veteran CB, I would advise against signing with the Bills.

Agree 100% McGee and Mckelvin are the top two. Youboty and Corner are origanal Bills and both were great at Nickle last season. The Bills drafted 2 more CBs this year and Ellis Lankster got rave reviews coming out of OTAs. Assuming those 5 dont get cut... how many are we going to keep? The other rookie Harris is likely out already so Florence may stay, but he will be lucky to be a dime back