Anybody use Expedia.com is there any way

Its my fault for not reading the fine print......

I have used Expedia.com twice to reserve hotel rooms.....and had to cancel both times. The cancellations were done well in advance.

The first one went off without a hitch

But since my son obviously wont be attending the Max Preps All America Combine on July 25th I also wont need the hotel room for that stay either.......

- Expedia says that it is the hotel policy for no refunds (the hotel is the Anaheim Ramada Inn) and wont refund my money

- I called the hotel and they said it is NOT their policy and if it was booked through them they would allow me to cancel up to 24 hours prior

Is there any way to get a refund?

- Expedia says that it is the hotel policy for no refunds (the hotel is the Anaheim Ramada Inn) and wont refund my money

- I called the hotel and they said it is NOT their policy and if it was booked through them they would allow me to cancel up to 24 hours prior

Some hotels do have a pre-paid cheap rate, that is normally not refundable. Now, you booked through Expedia, not the hotel, so it sounds like the hotel told you that if you had booked directly, even for the pre-paid rate, they would have let you cancel/refund without an issue.

Some hotels do have a pre-paid cheap rate, that is normally not refundable. Now, you booked through Expedia, not the hotel, so it sounds like the hotel told you that if you had booked directly, even for the pre-paid rate, they would have let you cancel/refund without an issue.

Yeah Expedia tried to blame the hotel for the policy....but when I called the hotel they said that they dont have a policy like that....

and blamed Expedia's policies

Alright I'll be the one to ask: Why did you use expedia to reserve the hotel in the 1st place? If you were online already why not just use the hotels website? Unless maybe it was a flight/hotel/rental car kinda deal. If that's the case then I understand. I always use a hotels website to reserve rooms, same thing with flights and rental cars whenever possible.

Alright I'll be the one to ask: Why did you use expedia to reserve the hotel in the 1st place? If you were online already why not just use the hotels website? Unless maybe it was a flight/hotel/rental car kinda deal. If that's the case then I understand. I always use a hotels website to reserve rooms, same thing with flights and rental cars whenever possible.

Simple answer.....stupidity dont travel much and saw an ad on the TV

Simple answer.....stupidity dont travel much and saw an ad on the TV

It's definitely not stupidity. I have heard very few nightmare experiences with Expedia and you usually can get a better rate through them than the hotel itself. So, don't kick yourself over it. Just call Expedia back and demand to talk to a manager and not a first level support person to sort the whole thing out....