good restaurants near ROC?

UB2SF

I've been visiting my parents in the Finger Lakes area this week (I live in the SF Bay Area these days), and we'll be heading out of the Rochester airport after dinner. Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for dinner near the airport. Good wings would be a huge plus, and it should be family-friendly because I'll have my three kids in tow.

Thanks!

I'll take The Distillery over Rohrbachs any day of the week. Not to mention it's on the way the Finger Lakes. The Brighton location is about 10 minutes from the Airport. It's got about 100 flat screens for your viewing pleasure.

Hey, that's right on the way to training camp, too. And I'm liking their draft beer list:

http://www.thedistillery.com/drink/distillery_beer.asp

Thanks!

I'll take The Distillery over Rohrbachs any day of the week. Not to mention it's on the way the Finger Lakes. The Brighton location is about 10 minutes from the Airport. It's got about 100 flat screens for your viewing pleasure.

the server is wearing a Fins jersey in the picture. Completely disqualifies the joint.

If you're looking for beer on tap check out MacGregor's. Distillery's food is much better though.

http://www.macgregorsgrillandtaproom.net/beers.asp

Mmmm. And it's not that far out of the way, either.

Add: Okay, since one of my patron saints is a MacGregor, I need to hoist a mug in his honor at this place someday.

But $5.99 for a hot dog? Seriously?

Let's see. You live in the bay area and you're looking for a good restaurant in Rochester. Good luck.

OR

Let's see. You're looking for good wings in the bay area. Good luck.

(enjoy the ranch dressing)

Let's see. You live in the bay area and you're looking for a good restaurant in Rochester. Good luck.

I'll assume that, on occasion, you have to leave the bay area for one reason or another - have you never sought advice on a good restaurant in whatever city you are traveling? :thumbsup:

I'll assume that, on occasion, you have to leave the bay area for one reason or another - have you never sought advice on a good restaurant in whatever city you are traveling? :thumbsup:

Not my point. My point was that good is a relative term.

Compared to Rochester? It does. Any major city does. And I wouldn't be suprised that the percentage of crappy wings to good wings is higher in WNY than noCal.

Sure, does that mean that there are no good restaurants anywhere else?

Sure, does that mean that there are no good restaurants anywhere else?

Let me put it to you this way. There are more good restaurants walking distance from my house than is all of WNY. Does it mean there are no good restaurants in WNY? Of course not, it's just a lot harder to find them.

Let me put it to you this way. There are more good restaurants walking distance from my house than is all of WNY. Does it mean there are no good restaurants in WNY? Of course not, it's just a lot harder to find them.

yeah and a much further walk!