FOX SPORTS

major

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans may have been surprised that Buffalo made the list, but it's because of all the pressure on Trent Edwards. This is what happens when you sign Terrell Owens and take the heat off a very good receiver in Lee Evans. The fans in upstate New York now expect to win while forgetting that Edwards lost his blindside protector in Jason Peters and will be minus all-purpose back Marshawn Lynch for the first three games of the season. That's a recipe for failure for a third-year quarterback earning just $460,000 and wanting a new deal with backup Ryan Fitzpatrick earning a whole lot more.

We do? We have? :thumbsup:

Obviously, Czar doesn't read this board.

So let me break this down...The Czar thinks that we will have a "QB controversy" because...

1) The fans want Trent to win games for the Bills, but we've somehow "forgotten" about Jason Peters being gone (I wonder exactly how many Bills fans he's spoken to)

2) Fitzpatrick makes more money than Trent

3) We now have another big offensive weapon, which puts more pressure on him

I don't really get this. I guess this proves that you can spin anything into a negative. I can't believe Czar actually thinks adding TO makes Trent less likely to succeed.

It's got nothing to do with Fitzpatrick. Apparently Jauron is about to sign another CB to compete with Trent for the starting QB spot.

I haven't done an analysis, but I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of "quarterback controversies" are creations of lazy sports talk radio hosts (and traditional media sports reporters, too). But at least they usually wait for some credible opportunity before stirring up the passions of the most clueless fans. This one seems to be made of "whole cloth".

Don't get me wrong, I like the addition of Fitzpatrick. But there is no QB controversy on the horizon in Buffalo. That doesn't mean there couldn't be one down the line, but that is true of nearly every team.