Steelers more than dominant...

KOKBILLS

Good God the numbers in those 2 Games combined were sick!

Steelers out Rush the Eagles/Pats 473 yds. to 28 yds combined...

Steelers gain 847 total yards in the 2 Games and give up 358 total yards...

Steelers register 8 Sacks in the 2 Games combined and allow 2...

Big Ben goes 29/42 (69%) for 379 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT and rushes 11 times for 13 yards (which tells me he's at least picking up a yard or two instead of taking a Sack)...

Most importantly the Steelers outscore 2 consecutive unbeaten Teams 61-23...

Wow!

...I shudder to think what Big Ben & Co. will do to the Bills in the closer January 2.

The Stillers are playing so well on both sides of the ball, it's scary.

107809[/snapback]

Hopefully it will be a meaningless game to them and their starters will only play the first quarter to rest up for the playoffs.

My favorite was that in the two games they registered over 100 rushing attempts!

I also think it's worth noting that 5/6 (MSmith, Faneca, Hartings, Ross, Tuman)of that Stiller starting OLine that's kicking the dogsnot out of people were TDonahoe acquisitions.

My favorite was that in the two games they registered over 100 rushing attempts!

I also think it's worth noting that 5/6 (MSmith, Faneca, Hartings, Ross, Tuman)of that Stiller starting OLine that's kicking the dogsnot out of people were TDonahoe acquisitions.

107921[/snapback]

Unfortunately, TD is well into his dotage now... :D

On the other hand, I'd gladly put our Defense up against either the Patriots' OR the Eagles'. The Eagles are very suspect in the run game, and the Patriots are not much better. Yeah, I know, we already lost to the Pats...but we seem to be improving on offense, and our defense has a tremendous way of holding their own in the second half of games.

Do I think we could beat Pittsburgh. No. But I'd bet we hold them off better than the Eagles did.

...I shudder to think what Big Ben & Co. will do to the Bills in the closer January 2.

107809[/snapback]

I don't. I also hope that we play them full strength. Screw that eas win crap.

I have faith in our defense to stop ANYONE in the league. Pitt's defense would tear our Offense apart, and they would win the game, but I don't think we would do any worse than NE, and Philly did. I bet we could hold them to less points too.

BRING IT ON!!!

I don't.  I also hope that we play them full strength.  Screw that eas win crap.

I have faith in our defense to stop ANYONE in the league.  Pitt's defense would tear our Offense apart, and they would win the game, but I don't think we would do any worse than NE, and Philly did.  I bet we could hold them to less points too.

BRING IT ON!!!

107973[/snapback]

My wife is a Stillers fan. They are playing well but I still think we beat them in Buffalo. The Stillers wins against the Pats and the Eggles were both achieved with each team being ripe for a loss and both games were at home. In the Pats game Law and Dillon were out and they were due to lose and the same goes for Philly, anytime you have an over confident great team going into the backyard of a good team the good team wins most of the time. That's IMO but my wife doesn't buy it. I want to see them on the road against a solid team.

I don't.  I also hope that we play them full strength.  Screw that eas win crap.

I have faith in our defense to stop ANYONE in the league.  Pitt's defense would tear our Offense apart, and they would win the game, but I don't think we would do any worse than NE, and Philly did.  I bet we could hold them to less points too.

BRING IT ON!!!

107973[/snapback]

It also depends on where the game is played....If it is at the RWS the outcome

could be different....Plus the only meaningful road game the stillers have

played was at Baltimore and they lost to them (of course before the Ben

era).

107809[/snapback]

The Steelers are peaking right now...which isn't good for them in the long run. There is no way they maintain this level of play throughout the rest of the season and into the playoffs. The team that wins the AFC won't be the one that peaks in Nov.

I'm not worried about the last game of the season right now. The season is a marathon, the team that looked dominant at one point of the season could be the team that tanks it late only to miss the playoffs (the Vikings anybody?).

The Steelers are peaking right now...which isn't good for them in the long run.  There is no way they maintain this level of play throughout the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  The team that wins the AFC won't be the one that peaks in Nov.

I'm not worried about the last game of the season right now.  The season is a marathon, the team that looked dominant at one point of the season could be the team that tanks it late only to miss the playoffs (the Vikings anybody?).

108554[/snapback]

Wasn't it like 6 or 7 years ago when Washington went 7-1 and then missed the playoffs? I was living up there around that time...locals were lining up at bridges!

Good God the numbers in those 2 Games combined were sick!

Steelers out Rush the Eagles/Pats 473 yds. to 28 yds combined...

Steelers gain 847 total yards in the 2 Games and give up 358 total yards...

Steelers register 8 Sacks in the 2 Games combined and allow 2...

Big Ben goes 29/42 (69%) for 379 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT and rushes 11 times for 13 yards (which tells me he's at least picking up a yard or two instead of taking a Sack)...

Most importantly the Steelers outscore 2 consecutive unbeaten Teams 61-23...

Wow!

107782[/snapback]

I'm not convinced that they are better than the Patriots. Hopefully there will be a rematch in the AFC championship (2001) to see who is really the best (unless of course the Bills make it).