Why Trent Edwards will lead and Terrell Owens will follow

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

As a good leader for our Football Team Trent Edwards must supply three essential ingredients. His primary goal is to provide a stable environment and establish a feeling of well being for his fellow teammates. The next thing he must do is to instill a sense of security for his teammates and thirdly Trent Edwards must supply them with one set of beliefs, one direction, one common goal they must all reach.

Its common knowledge here on TSW that I already have great respect and admiration for Trent Edwards so early on in his career even though the fruits of his labor have been slow to materialize. Mentally and athletically Trent Edwards has all the tools you would want in a QB. He's smart, dedicated, unselfish, accurate, has a good arm, he's good on his feet and is willing to do anything to help his football team. What really sets Trent Edwards apart from the average QB in the NFL in my mind is his leadership abilities.

Trent Edwards is a Championship caliber QB in the makings and will one day lead our Buffalo Bills back to the Superbowl.

I Billieve...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have liked Trent as a qb from the first time I saw him play in a preseason game before his rookie season. He has more to prove, but there is no reason for me to believe that he will not develop into a fine qb.

I hope they can find a left tackle to protect him, and that our new interior line can actually provide running room for our backs.

As a good leader for our Football Team Trent Edwards must supply three essential ingredients. His primary goal is to provide a stable environment and establish a feeling of well being for his fellow teammates. The next thing he must do is to instill a sense of security for his teammates and thirdly Trent Edwards must supply them with one set of beliefs, one direction, one common goal they must all reach.

Its common knowledge here on TSW that I already have great respect and admiration for Trent Edwards so early on in his career even though the fruits of his labor have been slow to materialize. Mentally and athletically Trent Edwards has all the tools you would want in a QB. He's smart, dedicated, unselfish, accurate, has a good arm, he's good on his feet and is willing to do anything to help his football team. What really sets Trent Edwards apart from the average QB in the NFL in my mind is his leadership abilities.

Trent Edwards is a championship caliber QB in the makings who will lead our Buffalo Bills back to the Superbowl.

I Billieve...

I am drinking the Kool-Aid this morning. Go Edwards/Go Bills!

We will find all of this out this year, won't we?

I have liked Trent as a qb from the first time I saw him play in a preseason game before his rookie season. He has more to prove, but there is no reason for me to believe that he will not develop into a fine qb.

I hope they can find a left tackle to protect him, and that our new interior line can actually provide running room for our backs.

and that our OC tries to run the ball inside the opponents 10 yard line.

Trent Edwards is a Championship caliber QB in the makings and will one day lead our Buffalo Bills back to the Superbowl.

I Billieve...

Only problem is that beating he took in that Arizona game has made him gun shy. Maybe he can come back form it, but last i saw he was still scared.

I Billieve...

I'm sure he calls his mother once a week also. :devil: It remains to be seen just how good Trent can be, lets hope you are correct & he is a Championship Caliber QB :pirate:

Only problem is that beating he took in that Arizona game has made him gun shy. Maybe he can come back form it, but last i saw he was still scared.

The big challenge facing Edwards (and all other NFL "leaders") is that the successful leaders manage to both lead and know when to "follow" (be a teammate subservient to the greater group goal) as well.

One of the main faults of so-called leaders in our society is that their only response to a crisis is to jump out front and demand/expect everyone to do as they do.

The truly effective leaders are good at parceling out the opportunities for others to lead and collect the glories of victory. Simply demanding all of these over-pampered athletes to follow the directions of some self-appointed leader may work in the short run if you force a TO to shut up, force and Evans to man-up, or force the HC to be aggressive.

However, in the long run, these overly proud men will find a way to assert themselves and often at the cost of true team unity.

Edwards needs to demonstrate not only the ability to be out front and win (a difficult thing when opponents are trying to beat the snot out of you) but also an ability to lead from the rear or behind the scenes and allow other players to feel (sometime the illusion) that they are in charge.

I Billieve...

WTF????

He is a quarterback, not the Dalai Lama. :pirate:

I Billieve...

That stuff is all well and good, but I'd prefer if he learned how to perform on the field against a defense that isn't among the worst in the league.

Its an island in the med off of sicily. Nice place Ive been there.

It might as well be an Island Paradise of the coast of Heaven, I will never see it!

I wonder if they have beer there. With a name like that you would sure as hell think

so.

It's a slow news day!

The best thing Trent can do to get leadership on the Bills is perform on the field. Make some plays. Win some games against good teams.

Also maybe do a few gutsy things on his own that work. Like in the waning seconds of the 1st half against the Pats in the Wind Bowl, if the coaches don't get the play in in time, don't run over to the sidelines to see what Daddy wants you to do. Make a play call yourself and if it works, you're the leader! If you act like a follower, you're a follower.

The best thing Trent can do to get leadership on the Bills is perform on the field. Make some plays. Win some games against good teams.

Also maybe do a few gutsy things on his own that work. Like in the waning seconds of the 1st half against the Pats in the Wind Bowl, if the coaches don't get the play in in time, don't run over to the sidelines to see what Daddy wants you to do. Make a play call yourself and if it works, you're the leader! If you act like a follower, you're a follower.

Hard to argue with that. I think maybe the best thing TE could do in a critical situation, is NOT ask DJ for advice.