Yes

Chef Jim

Saw Yes with Asia last night at the Warfield. First off another great venue in SF. That is about the only part if the evening that was great. It's good to know that nearly 30 years ago I can say I had good taste in music because Asia was just plain sucky and I never liked them. Every time they started a song I'd look at my wife and say "GAY!" They did however play "In the Court of the Crimson King" seeing John Wetton from Crimson King plays with the band which was awesome. Other than that? GAY!

Yes? Well one word regarding the band without Jon Anderson....NO. They were ok but Jon really solidifies that group. Benoit David fills in for Anderson and though his voice is pretty good his stage presense is just, well the only word I could come up with is....GAY. He's from Montreal so that might explain it. And a message for Chris Squire. If you're going to go the rock start path and wear a pair of pant (or more accurately tights) that show off your "bulge", stick an armadillo in your trousers, we don't need your mushroom cap dick at eye level. So if you have an opportunity to see Yes this summer, don't.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you enjoy the Warfield? Hit any neighborhood spots for cocktails?

Asia was always gay.

I haven't listened to much Yes for many years. But a friend played some more recent Yes, without Jon Anderson. I called it "Yes Light", but "Yes Gay" works well, too.

A guy I went to HS with was a HUGE Yes fan. He got involved with sound and lighting, and started working with touring bands in sound/lighting/roadie work. Finally got his dream job with Yes. I believe he was with them for a couple of tours (but it may have been just one). He absolutely hated the band, after that experience. Apparently they aren't the nicest group of musicians (or humans).

We have differening perspectives....i saw Yes late last year by themselves and they blew me away... benoit was a nice change from the quirky jon anderson. Thought his voice was stronger than Anderson could possibly be at this point in his career. Also not sure who you had on keyboards on this leg, but it was Wakeman's son, and it was nice seeing him up there trying to fill his dad's shoes.

They are both playing in 2 weeks here and I am gonna check them out, will let you know what I thought.

Saw Yes with Asia last night at the Warfield. First off another great venue in SF. That is about the only part if the evening that was great. It's good to know that nearly 30 years ago I can say I had good taste in music because Asia was just plain sucky and I never liked them. Every time they started a song I'd look at my wife and say "GAY!" They did however play "In the Court of the Crimson King" seeing John Wetton from Crimson King plays with the band which was awesome. Other than that? GAY!

Yes? Well one word regarding the band without Jon Anderson....NO. They were ok but Jon really solidifies that group. Benoit David fills in for Anderson and though his voice is pretty good his stage presense is just, well the only word I could come up with is....GAY. He's from Montreal so that might explain it. And a message for Chris Squire. If you're going to go the rock start path and wear a pair of pant (or more accurately tights) that show off your "bulge", stick an armadillo in your trousers, we don't need your mushroom cap dick at eye level. So if you have an opportunity to see Yes this summer, don't.

We have differening perspectives....i saw Yes late last year by themselves and they blew me away... benoit was a nice change from the quirky jon anderson. Thought his voice was stronger than Anderson could possibly be at this point in his career. Also not sure who you had on keyboards on this leg, but it was Wakeman's son, and it was nice seeing him up there trying to fill his dad's shoes.

They are both playing in 2 weeks here and I am gonna check them out, will let you know what I thought.

Yes it was Wakeman's son Oliver and the only thing they have in common is looks...oh and the same last name.

no only 80's thru present, however I don't have any allusions that they are the same as they were in the 70's. personally watching Jon Anderson kind of makes me cringe watching him onstage....i cringe the same way when I see the lead singer of polyphonic spree on stage, he seems to be a Jon Anderson disciple.

Did you ever see them in the 70's?

no only 80's thru present, however I don't have any allusions that they are the same as they were in the 70's. personally watching Jon Anderson kind of makes me cringe watching him onstage....i cringe the same way when I see the lead singer of polyphonic spree on stage, he seems to be a Jon Anderson disciple.

Having seen them twice during the 70's is why they were a dissappointment to me last night.

oh i get where you are coming from....i simply tried to view them as a new entity when I saw them in November, sure it would be nice to see them in all their glory, but for me, being able to see Yes in 2008 and 2009 thrills the hell out of me because I like them soooooo much. And I have seen Asia the past 2 summers and it was the same for me....just loved the nostalgia of it all. I saw Asia on their 4th ever show back when I was at SUNY Fredonia.

I would rather have Yes-Lite(or Yes-Gay as Dean so eloquently put it) than no Yes at all.

Having seen them twice during the 70's is why they were a dissappointment to me last night.

oh i get where you are coming from....i simply tried to view them as a new entity when I saw them in November, sure it would be nice to see them in all their glory, but for me, being able to see Yes in 2008 and 2009 thrills the hell out of me because I like them soooooo much. And I have seen Asia the past 2 summers and it was the same for me....just loved the nostalgia of it all. I saw Asia on their 4th ever show back when I was at SUNY Fredonia.

I would rather have Yes-Lite(or Yes-Gay as Dean so eloquently put it) than no Yes at all.

This pretty much says it all about Asia last night. They played Video Killed the Radio Star. GAY!

hahahahah, yeah they did that the past couple of years also....but for me, again like in my previous post, being able to see Steve Howe and Carl Palmer(especially) is worth every penny....sadly I never got to see ELP, so I will take what I can.....

Carl Palmer still does play a mean friggin' drum though

This pretty much says it all about Asia last night. They played Video Killed the Radio Star. GAY!

hahahahah, yeah they did that the past couple of years also....but for me, again like in my previous post, being able to see Steve Howe and Carl Palmer(especially) is worth every penny....sadly I never got to see ELP, so I will take what I can.....

Carl Palmer still does play a mean friggin' drum though

Saw ELP at the Aud in the 70s! :censored::unsure:

I saw Yes in the 70's...they were my favorite band...I must confess I liked Asia as well...also Starcastle.

Interesting, I had you pegged as a Starland Vocal Band guy.

Speaking of incredibly gay stuff, how's your buddy Victor doing?

A guy I went to HS with was a HUGE Yes fan. He got involved with sound and lighting, and started working with touring bands in sound/lighting/roadie work. Finally got his dream job with Yes. I believe he was with them for a couple of tours (but it may have been just one). He absolutely hated the band, after that experience. Apparently they aren't the nicest group of musicians (or humans).

Life Rule #392,727: Don't meet your heroes.

Saw YES two times..

OSU homecoming 1973....This was the concert tour that the 3 album set "Yessongs" was made.

Then in 1977 in Charleston WV and Pat Moraz was the keyboardist.

Tales from Topographic Oceans tour...

That was the loudest concert I ever attended, in that my ears

hurt for two days afterwards. Even louder than LZ at the Aud......

"Yes-light" << pretty damn funny. :thumbsup:

and Pooj...ELP in concert was awesome...esp in an outdoor venue like Rich Stadium (1974).

there is talk of an ELP concert tour reunion

But Keith is suffering from a hand injury.

three of my favorite concerts...

Emerson Lake & Palmer @ The Peace Bridge Exhibition Center (ears are still ringing)

Genesis Lamb Lies Down on Broadway tour @ the Fabulous Fox in Atlanta (Gabriel suspended from the ceiling)

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon @ Ivor Wynn Stadium (amazing effects)

Saw Yes in the past couple years here in Raleigh...excellent show, but small crowd. Good to see Rick Wakeman. Alan White is playing in Cary, NC at the 2nd annual Rock & Roll HOF concert in September. His allstar band was fantastic last year.

Pooj, seeing as how Chef thought the show was gay, I would be more than happy to join you if they are playing somewhere in and around Richmond, depending on the day. I looked on Ticketmaster and the National site, could not find anything.