Yes

Chef Jim

Pooj, seeing as how Chef thought the show was gay, I would be more than happy to join you if they are playing somewhere in and around Richmond, depending on the day. I looked on Ticketmaster and the National site, could not find anything.

Did you just ask Pooj out on a date? :rolleyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Yes with Asia last night at the Warfield. First off another great venue in SF. That is about the only part if the evening that was great. It's good to know that nearly 30 years ago I can say I had good taste in music because Asia was just plain sucky and I never liked them. Every time they started a song I'd look at my wife and say "GAY!" They did however play "In the Court of the Crimson King" seeing John Wetton from Crimson King plays with the band which was awesome. Other than that? GAY!

Yes? Well one word regarding the band without Jon Anderson....NO. They were ok but Jon really solidifies that group. Benoit David fills in for Anderson and though his voice is pretty good his stage presense is just, well the only word I could come up with is....GAY. He's from Montreal so that might explain it. And a message for Chris Squire. If you're going to go the rock start path and wear a pair of pant (or more accurately tights) that show off your "bulge", stick an armadillo in your trousers, we don't need your mushroom cap dick at eye level. So if you have an opportunity to see Yes this summer, don't.

It's King Crimson. I would have thought the bulging pants would have been a thing of the past....especially at Squire's age.

Yes/Asia is at Innsbrook on 7/22(i think thats the date)....we can make plans to meet there...it would be fun...but you should no up front...I am not that easy.....oh hell, who am I kidding...sure I am

Pooj, seeing as how Chef thought the show was gay, I would be more than happy to join you if they are playing somewhere in and around Richmond, depending on the day. I looked on Ticketmaster and the National site, could not find anything.

I did :rolleyes: You and Deano saying the show was gay just made it feel like the right thing to do :lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. And I've read some reviews of the show and lot's of people who have seen the band for 30 or more years said it was their best show ever. So what do I know.

Chef, don't kid yourself, you know alot...musical taste is very individual, it didn't do it for you...that's cool....you would have kicked yourself had you read all those rave reviews and you DIDN'T go...at least you went

Not that there's anything wrong with that. And I've read some reviews of the show and lot's of people who have seen the band for 30 or more years said it was their best show ever. So what do I know.

Chef, don't kid yourself, you know alot...musical taste is very individual, it didn't do it for you...that's cool....you would have kicked yourself had you read all those rave reviews and you DIDN'T go...at least you went

It sure wasn't a waste of money ($170 for two tix is a bit steep though). I think the problem was because Jon Anderson was not going to be there I went in looking for a mediocre show and feel that's what I got. This is a review from someone at the show from a pretty cool website. I felt exactly like this guy regarding Benoit's performance.

Meanwhile, while wishing Benoit David all the best, want to comment that his presence on the stage completely transforms the mystic vibe of a Yes concert into ... something else. There''''s no gainsaying it! He channels Jon well vocally (although one has the sense this is not his "real voice" but rather more of a falsetto -- Jon''''s voice is actually much more "ballsy"), and -- his goofy stage manner is, well, just plain distracting! I''''m reminded of the scene in the movie "Hitch" where Will Smith is telling the guy "never lift you arms above your waist while dancing," he obviously missed that one! But WTF,

Goofy pretty much sums it up. :rolleyes:

saw them twice whilst in high school, so sometime before 1981. Be fun to just hear some of the old songs while I try to get Pooj liquored up and more "experimental" :rolleyes:

yikes, 170 is brutal....for the show i am going to they are ten bucks, 20 for 'gold circle'....

It sure wasn't a waste of money ($170 for two tix is a bit steep though). I think the problem was because Jon Anderson was not going to be there I went in looking for a mediocre show and feel that's what I got. This is a review from someone at the show from a pretty cool website. I felt exactly like this guy regarding Benoit's performance.

Goofy pretty much sums it up. :rolleyes:

yikes, 170 is brutal....for the show i am going to they are ten bucks, 20 for 'gold circle'....

That's what I get for going on line drunk and buying tickets. Gov't Mule is there in Sept and the GA tickets are $65 each. I'll definately get tix for that show and I doubt my wife will go so it'll just be me. Once you start adding fees and taxes (remember I live in SF) it really begins to add up.

again, govt mule coming to the same venue....yup....ten bucks

That's what I get for going on line drunk and buying tickets. Gov't Mule is there in Sept and the GA tickets are $65 each. I'll definately get tix for that show and I doubt my wife will go so it'll just be me. Once you start adding fees and taxes (remember I live in SF) it really begins to add up.

again, govt mule coming to the same venue....yup....ten bucks

I understand a show is a show but the Warfield is quite the venue. It's worth the price especially to have cocktail service right to your table and at least 8 full service bars. Also there's nothing like taking the trolly right to the frond door and taking that train back home only a block from our house. But everything is a lot more expensive here.

yeah these are outdoor shows....with beer trucks and food vendor's aplenty

I understand a show is a show but the Warfield is quite the venue. It's worth the price especially to have cocktail service right to your table and at least 8 full service bars. Also there's nothing like taking the trolly right to the frond door and taking that train back home only a block from our house. But everything is a lot more expensive here.

I did :thumbdown: You and Deano saying the show was gay just made it feel like the right thing to do :w00t:

I wasn't at the show. I was just commenting on the newer (post 1972 :thumbdown: ) Yes stuff I have heard.

Saw Yes with Asia last night at the Warfield. First off another great venue in SF. That is about the only part if the evening that was great. It's good to know that nearly 30 years ago I can say I had good taste in music because Asia was just plain sucky and I never liked them. Every time they started a song I'd look at my wife and say "GAY!" They did however play "In the Court of the Crimson King" seeing John Wetton from Crimson King plays with the band which was awesome. Other than that? GAY!

Yes? Well one word regarding the band without Jon Anderson....NO. They were ok but Jon really solidifies that group. Benoit David fills in for Anderson and though his voice is pretty good his stage presense is just, well the only word I could come up with is....GAY. He's from Montreal so that might explain it. And a message for Chris Squire. If you're going to go the rock start path and wear a pair of pant (or more accurately tights) that show off your "bulge", stick an armadillo in your trousers, we don't need your mushroom cap dick at eye level. So if you have an opportunity to see Yes this summer, don't.

not a concert i would see...but the venue is great......ever go to the masonic??? another great venue

not a concert i would see...but the venue is great......ever go to the masonic??? another great venue

No and I just checked their site and it looks like they're not doing any shows. I've been to the Fillmore, the Warfield and the Fox Theater over in Oakland. The Fox was a beautiful place (saw the Allman Brothers there), they did a great job restoring it.

yeah these are outdoor shows....with beer trucks and food vendor's aplenty

There were only 3 different food vendors when I was there last month but most people aren't there for the food anyway. I saw a whole bunch of flasks and other snuck-in liquor. I also caught two busts there last year by the overzealous Henrico cops. But I'll be there this Wed for Weir and moe.

There were only 3 different food vendors when I was there last month but most people aren't there for the food anyway. I saw a whole bunch of flasks and other snuck-in liquor. I also caught two busts there last year by the overzealous Henrico cops. But I'll be there this Wed for Weir and moe.

Rat Dog and moe looks like a good show. Unfortunately moe won't be able to do their 3 1/2 hour show.