No Huddle To Be Used 50% Of The Time?

H2o

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/07/02/n...-half-the-time/

Of course it also matters how effective we are running it. We would get killed if our offense is on the field for 45 seconds and then has to punt. Our defense would be put in a worse position than even before. With Dicky Boy's style of conservatism and run, run, run I'm not sure if I buy into it. I won't believe any of this "No Huddle" talk until I see it consistently in the REGULAR season and not just the preseason.

Of course it also matters how effective we are running it. We would get killed if our offense is on the field for 45 seconds and then has to punt. Our defense would be put in a worse position than even before. With Dicky Boy's style of conservatism and run, run, run I'm not sure if I buy into it. I won't believe any of this "No Huddle" talk until I see it consistently in the REGULAR season and not just the preseason.

Every year, these sort of articles come out from various media sources. And every year, everything fails to materialize during the regular season that was written in the summer months. I don't think the team would tip their hand this early, and if so, it's absurd. And if they're not bluffing, well, it had better work if they want to run it that much.

The Bills PR machine, much like the Sabres, depend on pre-season hype to build excitement. Rarely is that fanfare realized on the field of play. It's just too bad that many fans will believe this without recalling previous seasons failure to live up to expectations.

we've heard similar claims the past two years that the offense was going to do this and that next season but in reality when it came to crunch time the offense looked and the playcalling was exactly the same as it was the year before

we've heard similar claims the past two years that the offense was going to do this and that next season but in reality when it came to crunch time the offense looked and the playcalling was exactly the same as it was the year before

True the Bills last year with a new offensive coordinator were suppose to air it out more and be less predictable. During the first 6 games of last year it looked like they were doing that. Than the league adjusted to our slightly less vanilla play calling and we looked like we have so many times before.

I think we will use the no-huddle but only like twice a game in non two minute drill situations. It will be sprinkled in but no way do I have confidence in the fact that we will have run it 50% of the time. I hope they don't use it a lot during the first quarter and than once the D looks tired pull in the reigns on it (Which is what I suspect will happen).

If the Bills use No Huddle 50 per cent of the time, its Some Huddle.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

Or the "Huddle when we feel like it depending on the call from the sideline of course, but I can overrule that if I feel it necessary" Offense. Doesn't have the same ring though...

Good points, if the 'O' is on the field for 45 seconds and then punts to a conservative defense the T.O.P. will be outrageously unbalanced.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

Or the "Huddle when we feel like it depending on the call from the sideline of course, but I can overrule that if I feel it necessary" Offense. Doesn't have the same ring though...

Hopefully Trent will ignore everything that Jauron wants him to do.

If the Bills use No Huddle 50 per cent of the time, its Some Huddle.

Game

Set

Match

:censored:

:unsure::lol:

I think it's more like the "Huddle when the offense is on the field and no huddle when the offense is on the sidelines"

Folks, the no huddle is not the same thing as the hurry-up. The reason for using it is not necessarily to have speedy drives, but to not allow the defense to make substitutions and adjust.

If you look at the no huddle days of yesteryear with Kelly and co., they would run the play clock down to the single digits often.

Every year, these sort of articles come out from various media sources. And every year, everything fails to materialize during the regular season that was written in the summer months. I don't think the team would tip their hand this early, and if so, it's absurd. And if they're not bluffing, well, it had better work if they want to run it that much.

The Bills PR machine, much like the Sabres, depend on pre-season hype to build excitement. Rarely is that fanfare realized on the field of play. It's just too bad that many fans will believe this without recalling previous seasons failure to live up to expectations.

For some reason I recall, wow 10 years ago or so, about hearing about our starting QB who was picking up our version of the west coast offense at an umbelievable pace...

RJ did real good too.... :censored: