Bills Make the Playoffs in 2009

Here is Why

If the Bills can split the 6 games they play with their rivals in their division it will make a huge difference getting into the playoffs. I believe they have a chance of getting at least 3 wins out of the 6. That is a whole lot better than last year when they lost all 6 games.

I like our offense better than last year.

Edwards will have a great year. If the line protects better than last year he will be on fire. He now has the receivers and I believe the play calling will vastly improve along with it. We will see aggressive play calling in the air and on the ground.

You know we have the runners... Our new offensive linemen are smart, athletic and fast learners. They will play with attitude not seen on last years team.

The Defense will also improve

Our guys are a year older and more experienced. The Defense has more talent. They will get better and because the offense is going to be better the "D" will not be on the field as long.

Special Teams are the Best and will get better. The talent and coaching is there.

There are a lot of reasons to like this club over last years team.....

Then again you can always take the negative view on just about everything......I have said...

You can be a downer for that is what you enjoy. :unsure:

I would love to see a more positive view point of this team on this board........

Giving reasons why this team will excel over last years team.

I would much perfer to be upbeat over this club going into the new season then be so discouraged as many on this board are...... I feel sorry for you.......as a Bills fan......

Here is Why

If the Bills can split the 6 games they play with their rivals in their division it will make a huge difference getting into the playoffs. I believe they have a chance of getting at least 3 wins out of the 6. That is a whole lot better than last year when they lost all 6 games.

Edwards will have a great year. If the line protects better than last year he will be on fire. He now has the receivers and I believe the play calling will vastly improve along with it. We will see aggressive play calling in the air and on the ground.

You know we have the runners... Our new offensive linemen are smart, athletic and fast learners. They will play with attitude not seen on last years team.

Our guys are a year older and more experienced. The Defense has more talent. They will get better and because the offense is going to be better the "D" will not be on the field as long.

Special Teams are the Best and will get better. The talent and coaching is there.

Then again you can always take the negative view on just about everything......I have said...

I would love to see a more positive view point of this team on this board........

I would much perfer to be upbeat over this club going into the new season then be so discouraged as many on this board are...... I feel sorry for you.......as a Bills fan......

I like your enthusiasm. I agree that Edwards will have a better year because we finally have a legitmate #1 & #2 receivers, which we haven't had since Moulds & Price.

What concerns me is our DE's/Pass rush. Schobel is still a question mark, he's coming off an injury plus his sacks have gone down the last couple of years. How much will Maybin be used in the game? Plus, will Maybin have a learning curve like most rookies do? Banking on a rookie is always a bad idea, look at Hardy last year, it was foolish for the Bills to bank on a rookie WR to make an immediate impact. IMO, we should have picked up a veteran DE, along with Maybin, to help fill the void until Maybin is truly ready. Playing against Brady/Belchick & now Parcells 4 times in a year, we need a very good pass rush, otherwise we'll continue to get eaten up by the Pats & Dolphins.

Plus, we have a bonehead for a head coach. With that said, I'm not making a prediction on our record.

Here is Why

This team fell off a cliff in 2008. Given two cracks at it, they couldn't beat a team within their own division and then couldn't beat the NFL's "little sisters of the poor" Browns and Niners at home. They went 2-8 in their last ten games in '08. Though I do think they have the talent to max out at 10 wins this year, the big BIG problem is that they have one of the worst ever NFL head coaches. Dick Jauron's schemes, philosophies and decision-making abilities are all embarrassingly poor. His one positive trademark that his players play hard for him hit with a tremendous thud during that 2-8 stretch. To top it off the schedule looks to be much tougher this season. Sorry, but as badly as I want to believe in 09, I'm only left with a small hope that a miracle could happen and Jauron could coach our team to the playoffs. Seriously, I envy guys like you who can still muster up so much hope.

Every year and any year could be the year. Juron or not.... If you can't have that perspective in July, then why be a fan?

Being a fan isn't a choice... it's a sickness.

"Our new offensive linemen are smart, athletic and fast learners" is just another symptom.