Bills rankings on ESPN ultimate standing

I fundamentally disagree with this statement. And no, I'm not Dick's ball washer, nor am I unable to admit when he's wrong.

So, the very fact that another side to this argument can be made (made it too many times to do it again now), it was NOT the worst play call of the year. FAR from cut and dry. I can only imagine the "OH MY GOD HE PLAYS NOT TO LOSE" threads that would have sprung up if we would have run, not gotten the first down, punted away, then lost.

would have much rather have ran, got stopped, and punted. You have to know as a coach the JP is terrible and not to put the game in his hands when you are winning. I stand by the staetment "worst play call ever" and pretty sure 90% percent of BUFFALO FANS WOULD AGREE. (If your gonna make that play call, it has to be successful, other wise you run it, punt it, and put it in your Defense's hand)

but that s the past and we dont really need to go there, besides I am sure we will have plenty to talk about this year

GO BILLS!

But, but, but...but he only needs more talent!!!! Then you'll see, and then have to beg forgiveness for doubting Dick Jauron!!!!

:thumbsup:

The simple fact of the matter is:

No playoffs in 09 - means no more Dick Jauron

So, RWS sells out nearly all of the time because it's one of the worst stadium experiences? The Bills are the worst coached team in the NFL? Vs. who? Detroit? Cleveland? KC? Ralph Wilson, soon to be inducted in the Hall of Fame, is one of the worst owners in all of sports? The same owner who has kept the Bills in Buffalo when he could have moved many times for a more lucrative market? Worst fan relations? Why? How? So, my guess is that this survey of 80,000 fans from what I assume is across the nation, was unduly influenced by the media's and general populations perception of Buffalo. Is your glass always half empty or just void of water?

Selling out and fan experience are two completely different things. Have you ever seen a game in another stadium? As for the coaching, there was a reason DJ was fired in Chicago: he could not win over the long term. Regarding RW, his election into the Pro Football HOF is based more on his actions between 1960-1970 in founding an AFL team and working toward merging that league with the NFL. In 39 NFL seasons, Buffalo reached the playoffs 13 times, 6 of those during the Polian years. I'd venture to say his election was not due to franchise success.

It's fans like you who completely ignore that only two teams this century (outside of HOU) have failed to make the playoffs. This record of futility is what prompts people like me to complain and I cannot believe there are fans who actually defend an organization which hasn't won a playoff game since the 95 season.

The simple fact of the matter is:

No playoffs in 09 - means no more Dick Jauron

Even if DJ is let go, the team is addressing the symptoms and not the disease. There must be better management, especially in personnel, if this franchise is ever to attain what other small markets like IND, PIT, and GB have in recent years.

Ultimate Standings 2009: No. 91

Last Year's Rank: 57

Title Track: 101

Ownership: 103

Coaching: 116

Players: 82

Fan Relations: 117

Affordability: 7

Stadium Experience: 102

Bang for the Buck: 44

These ranking are based on the major sports but of all the NFL teams the Bills were ranked last in coaching! I'll give you one guess who was number 1 but you wont need it.

Its Bellicheat and those frigging annoying Patriots.

Are we really this pathetic? What happened to us? Man I miss winning-and beating teams like the Steelers, Pats, and Fins

FYI: Steelers ranked #3 overall, New England #19, Fins # 61, NYJ # 103

Here is the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4287118

ridiculous...Jauron is waay too mediocre to be the worst.

So...

There's worse Coaching in the NFL than Jauron?

Just asking... :censored:

Had the TV on while I was doing some drywall ... they had a segment on "coaches on the hotseat" and I believe Dick Jauron's name was the first one that came up. It might have been second, I suppose, but it was one of the 5 they discussed. "The Bills have been mired at 7 wins forever..." :unsure:

So...

There's worse Coaching in the NFL than Jauron?

Just asking... :censored:

There is no Dorkier coaching in the NFL than Jauron. He did-however,manage to coach a team with mediocre line talent to a 7-9 record. Some coaches would have done worse.

Are we really this pathetic?

"we polled 1,000 fans across North America to find out what they want most from their favorite teams...Then ESPN.com asked fans to rate their favorite clubs in these categories; we received more than 50,000 responses."

Based on that methodology, I'd say....yes.

I long for the good ol' days, when sports journalism was about sports and not just landfill material with a deadline.

Had the TV on while I was doing some drywall ... they had a segment on "coaches on the hotseat" and I believe Dick Jauron's name was the first one that came up. It might have been second, I suppose, but it was one of the 5 they discussed. "The Bills have been mired at 7 wins forever..." :censored:

This is TOO FUNNY.......................I was doing the exact same thing.

Had the TV on while I was doing some drywall ... they had a segment on "coaches on the hotseat" and I believe Dick Jauron's name was the first one that came up. It might have been second, I suppose, but it was one of the 5 they discussed. "The Bills have been mired at 7 wins forever..." :w00t:

that could be why some people think of the Bills as America's underdog or the team that is stuck in the mud...but it could be worse. 7-9 is tiresome, but it is better than 4-12 or something like that...although a playoff appearance in my kids lifetime would be nice. :thumbsup:

Who cares...I saw a poll that had us ranked 11th in coaching a few weeks back in the NFL...Bobby April got us a big boost for being the highest rated ST coach...

Neither Poll means anything

oh i thought they were talking head coaching....i actually think Fewell and Schonert are good coaches,April is OUTSTANDING,and of course Jauron is mediocre.

funny how a poll of 80,000 sports fans across the nation is somehow meaningless when it happens that the Bills are near the bottom of some rankings.

Maybe Bobby April will assume head coaching duties if the Bills falter in 2009.

Ralph Wilson, soon to be inducted in the Hall of Fame, is one of the worst owners in all of sports? The same owner who has kept the Bills in Buffalo when he could have moved many times for a more lucrative market?

Maybe if you repeat this nonsense 1000 times it will become true!