I Guess I'm a Terrorist

What is wrong with this woman?

From an interview with CA Assembly Speaker Karen Bass:

How do you think conservative talk radio has affected the Legislature's work?

The Republicans were essentially threatened and terrorized against voting for revenue. Now [some] are facing recalls. They operate under a terrorist threat: "You vote for revenue and your career is over." I don't know why we allow that kind of terrorism to exist. I guess it's about free speech, but it's extremely unfair.

You vote for revenue? So let's just take the word taxes right out of the English language. What an idiot.

Ah get over it, it is just part of the DC rename game that Gingrich Republicans perfected in the 90s. Deficit spending doesn't matter. Lower taxes on the rich helps everyone. Lowering taxes on the rich creates economic performance.... ya da ya da ya da. But I thought the business cycle was inevitable? There is a balance to be had here.... Too much taxation stifles growth, not enough creates deficits and a drag on the economy. Too much spending same deal, not enough allows too much control of small groups at the top which also stifles growth by constraining the spreading out of wealth necessary for a health economy.

There is a balance, the trick is identifying where we are on that continuum and adjusting accordingly. The only form of government that is good at this is a benign dictatorship and those have been very rare in history. So we are stuck with our mess as the best alternative.

Ah get over it, it is just part of the DC rename game that Gingrich Republicans perfected in the 90s. Deficit spending doesn't matter. Lower taxes on the rich helps everyone. Lowering taxes on the rich creates economic performance.... ya da ya da ya da. But I thought the business cycle was inevitable? There is a balance to be had here.... Too much taxation stifles growth, not enough creates deficits and a drag on the economy. Too much spending same deal, not enough allows too much control of small groups at the top which also stifles growth by constraining the spreading out of wealth necessary for a health economy.

There is a balance, the trick is identifying where we are on that continuum and adjusting accordingly. The only form of government that is good at this is a benign dictatorship and those have been very rare in history. So we are stuck with our mess as the best alternative.

The ole ah, the other side does it so what's the big deal arguement. I don't know how much you know about CA but it has historically not been a revenue issue, it's been a spending issue. What they do is during the boom years they create a spending policy that uses every penny of that money so when the lean years come those policies are still in place but the revenue is not there to sustain those policies. Any idiot knows that's not how you operate a budget. You create that budget and take in account reasonable increases over time to match the expected reasonable growth. And if, during a given year your revenues increase over that spending you bank the difference because the leans years will be there and this will give you that cushion during the lean years. They're all fools.

An example- My town has been building a reserve fund into the budget. They found that the community center, built in the late 60s-early 70s had extensive mold damage. They found out it would cost only $500,00 more to build a new building rather than repairing. Did it without raising any taxes at all.

Can I buy some pot from you?