Texans game now sold out

Lori

Believe the Dolphins, Pats, and Colts games are now the only ones with single-game tix available.

The people of Buffalo are loyal to their team. Kudo's to all - down economy and perenial 7-9 seasons have not kept the fans away. Good for them.

The people of Buffalo are loyal to their team. Kudo's to all - down economy and perenial 7-9 seasons have not kept the fans away. Good for them.

with such avid interest, you can expect more 7-9 seasons as there is no incentive to improve the product on the field.

amazing how many tickets they sold based on signing a 36 year old WR

Brandon sure does know his market :doh:

with such avid interest, you can expect more 7-9 seasons as there is no incentive to improve the product on the field.

Maybe people like going to football games. I did not miss a game during the '84-'85 seasons.

Maybe people like going to football games. I did not miss a game during the '84-'85 seasons.

I feel you. When DJ was retained, there was a crowd belittling people for renewing their season tickets and supporting mediocrity. While I live and die with this team, getting tickets to games is about more than the result on the field. It is something to look forward to, a chance to renew old friendships, party, and share something in common with 70k others. Unfortunately, it often ends in a heartbreak. But it is still an awesome time.

I had Season Tickets (Nice Seats) in the 70's & early 80's until I moved from Buffalo. ALWAYS HAD A GOOD TIME. Even if the Bills lose, being at the game beats anything else for me. :doh:

I feel you. When DJ was retained, there was a crowd belittling people for renewing their season tickets and supporting mediocrity. While I live and die with this team, getting tickets to games is about more than the result on the field. It is something to look forward to, a chance to renew old friendships, party, and share something in common with 70k others. Unfortunately, it often ends in a heartbreak. But it is still an awesome time.

Well said. That's why it will be devastating if the Bills do ever leave town. It's about a lot more than what goes on on the field. For 7 Sundays each fall, 70 something thousand people get together to eat, drink, and be merry (even though the latter doesn't always occur). It's about grandfathers, grandmothers, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, etc. getting together and having some cold ones for a few hours and all hoping for the same result. Despite what is going on in each of our individual lives at the time, it's a chance to escape and have some fun. I'll tell you what it was an awesome feeling coming out of the stadium after the Raiders and San Diego games last year. High Fiving hundreds of strangers and just the overall vibe was great. Hopefully we'll all get to do that this year a little later into the fall!

We should boycott the games. That'll work!

Brandon sure does know his market :rolleyes:

Most TRUE fans don't base their season ticket purchases on free agent signings. For most, it's a tradition that started when they were kids, and for others, it's the enjoyment of the NFL and the experience itself.

Don't kid yourself, Bills fans are loyal to the TEAM, not U.M. and certainly not one year wonders who come and go (logo on the front, not the name on the back kinda thing).

I went to my first game 2 years ago vs the giants and couldnt help but buy seasons the next year I come in from ct and it is completely worth it. Good or bad the day is always fun and I will keep buying them until they move or I cant afford it. And I strongly disagree that this team has not gone after high profile players. Almost every off season I can name atl least one a year going all the way back to jum kelly's retirement even though they havent always worked out.

Most TRUE fans don't base their season ticket purchases on free agent signings. For most, it's a tradition that started when they were kids, and for others, it's the enjoyment of the NFL and the experience itself.

Don't kid yourself, Bills fans are loyal to the TEAM, not U.M. and certainly not one year wonders who come and go (logo on the front, not the name on the back kinda thing).

which is why the Bills will never sniff a Super Bowl with Ralph in charge

The fans are happy going to a party on Sundays- there is not enough passion about whether the product on the field is worth a damn.

Ralph and Brandon know it which is why Dick is still the coach and Ellison is still starting at LB.

don't pull your shoulder out of its socket patted yourself on the back

The fans are happy going to a party on Sundays- there is not enough passion about whether the product on the field is worth a damn.

Ralph and Brandon know it which is why Dick is still the coach and Ellison is still starting at LB.

And the alternative is not buying tickets and the team moving, which I suspect it may still do even if we do buy tickets.

If you want to find a villain in all of this, I'd suggest looking no further than the current "new breed" of NFL owners who are seeking ways to enhance the revenue of their own (largely big market) teams over the League's old more equal revenue sharing model (you know, the model that made it the most successful sport in America). It's honestly not Ralph's and Brandon's fault that the Western NY area has few high paying jobs, is bleeding people yearly and has few major corporations to support luxury boxes (read "unshared revenue"). Them's just the facts. Under those conditions, it will become increasingly harder to compete for FA talent, so you'd better hope they scout really well out of college.

In a kind of ironic way, the current economic downturn might be good for teams like the Bills--watching Jerry Jones not get naming rights deals and having trouble selling tickets and watching Kraft's Patriots* Place (you know, the joint venture he did with CBS, one of the League's networks--no conflict there) flop, may put a little humbleness into those blowhards who have been among the most intent on changing the old model.....

You need to get a grip. After suffering through several 2/12 seasons, 7/9 is not that bad. No one was more irked by the rehiring of Jauron but I have no control of the situation. I buy my seasons and hope for the best. As Marv always said, Where else would you rather be than right here, right now???? I disagree with your assumption that no one in the front office wants to win. I think you and Chicken Little should get together.

You act like they are trying to suck. I think they want to win. They may not know how. And don't say all they have to do is spend more money. We have seen FA's pass over Buffalo even if they could have made more. BTW, ask the Yankees how smart they feel owing A-Roid $32M a year for 9 more seasons!

PTR

Nice job, Columbo, you cracked the case!!

BTW, we've sniffed 4...

...and questioning a Bills fan's passion is now the single most retarded thing I've ever heard, ever. People clown us, mock us, talk bad about our team, but I've NEVER had someone say we lack passion for our Football team. Well done, well done...

You act like they are trying to suck. I think they want to win. They may not know how. And don't say all they have to do is spend more money. We have seen FA's pass over Buffalo even if they could have made more. BTW, ask the Yankees how smart they feel owing A-Roid $32M a year for 9 more seasons!

PTR

Extending a coach with 1 winning season in his career who managed to go 2-8 after a 5-1 start and promoting a baseball marketing guy to run your football team supports your theory they "don't know how"

maybe if they replaced the talent evaluators who overrate the talent and then overpay mediocre players, they would have a better product.

but hey- we should just be happy to have a team