Big props to Jonas Jennings

Simon

You know Jonas had this one on his calendar.

John Abraham finished with 1 solo, 1 assist and no effect whatsoever on a day when the Bills offense ran about 80 plays. It was such an ass-kicking that Herm and the Jest actually started flipping Abraham just to get him away from the outstandingly effective Jennings.

Great job JonasJ and I for one hope you re-up with the Bills.

John Abraham finished with 1 solo, 1 assist and no effect whatsoever on a day when the Bills offense ran about 80 plays. It was such an ass-kicking that Herm and the Jest actually started flipping Abraham just to get him away from the outstandingly effective Jennings.

106723[/snapback]

Wow, one of our linemen actually owning someone. Things really are looking up! :blush:

I was anxious and confident about waiting to see Jonas play today with a second chance against Abraham. He got a lot of flack around here for game 1 vs. the Jets when he played with a lower leg injury and concussion effects, but this above average play is truly the Norm for JJ just as long as he's healthy. Man if this guy could just get a long string of good health under his belt we'd see some real consistency.

I was anxious and confident about waiting to see Jonas play today with a second chance against Abraham.

I hear ya' mac. I had been waiting for this rematch since the final whistle of the first Jets game. Abraham has been so good I was a little nervous about it, but Jennings has been the most unheralded Bill over the last 3 years so I thought he could handle the assignment.

It's wierd, Jonas gets so much shlt for missing so many games (which is admittedly something to consider when considering his upcoming contract negotiations), but when the guy tries to nut up and play on one leg, he gets excoriated for playing what is really his only poor game in a Bills uni :blush:

I'm just really glad he brought everything he had today and hopefully shut up some one-eyed fools ;-)

Cya

I hear ya' mac. I had been waiting for this rematch since the final whistle of the first Jets game. Abraham has been so good I was a little nervous about it, but Jennings has been the most unheralded Bill over the last 3 years so I thought he could handle the assignment.

It's wierd, Jonas gets so much shlt for missing so many games (which is admittedly something to consider when considering his upcoming contract negotiations), but when the guy tries to nut up and play on one leg, he gets excoriated for playing what is really his only poor game in a Bills uni :blush:

I'm just really glad he brought everything he had today and hopefully shut up some one-eyed fools ;-)

Cya

106831[/snapback]

I gave him the BOTD for that last game, and excoriated the coaches for not sitting him and playing Price. Still though, he'll finish the year out solidly and be looking for HUGE bucks on the market, that the Bills can't afford to give him.

BOTD = Bum Of The Day?

he'll finish the year out solidly and be looking for HUGE bucks on the market,

He may be looking for them, but I'm still not convinced that another franchise is going to be willing to give him something so outlandish that the Bills can't make a competitive offer.

This guy is a good ballplayer and a better-than-average LT and I hope the Bills are willing to pay fair-market value (i.e. enough to cause casual fans to gag) to keep their best OLineman of the last 5 years..

Cya

BOTD = Bum Of The Day?

Benefit Of The Doubt.

He may be looking for them, but I'm still not convinced that another franchise is going to be willing to give him something so outlandish that the Bills can't make a competitive offer.

This guy is a good ballplayer and a better-than-average LT and I hope the Bills are willing to pay fair-market value (i.e. enough to cause casual fans to gag) to keep their best OLineman of the last 5 years..

Cya

106851[/snapback]

Don't kid yourself! Some franchise will pay big bucks for him (see: Dols). Hopefully you're right though, but he'll still be good for a couple missed games a year, at least.

BOTD = Bum Of The Day?

Cya

106851[/snapback]

Considering the "talent" at the position we've had on the field over the period, being the best OLineman here is the equivalent of being the only fly on a pile of stevestojan. :blush:

I like Jennings but his penchant for being injured undercuts his solid but unspectacular play. I have a feeling some team is going to offer him a stupifying amount of money.

106723[/snapback]

Jonas got a little assistance from Campbell and Shelton who were sent out wide then dropped down and blindsided Abraham a couple times on pass plays. The Bills took the physical to Abraham today.

Jonas got a little assistance from Campbell and Shelton who were sent out wide then dropped down and blindsided Abraham a couple times on pass plays.  The Bills took the physical to Abraham today.

106890[/snapback]

The different looks and blocks and abundant chipping by all kinds of players on a lot of different plays is one of the things I have liked a lot about Mularkey and Clements, and it has shown to work well the last couple games.

Jonas got a little assistance from Campbell and Shelton who were sent out wide then dropped down and blindsided Abraham a couple times on pass plays. The Bills took the physical to Abraham today.

Yes they did, and props to the staff for astutely neutralizing the Jets only defensive threat. But they wouldn't have been able to do that unless Jennings had a handle on Abraham, which he did like a suitcase.

The fact that the Jest ended up flipping Abraham to the other side tells you about all you need to know about Jennings game today.

Can you think of another example similar to Jennings (highly effective play at a difficult and premium LT position but with occasional injury trouble) who's ever actually hit the FA market instead of being re-upped?

This strikes me as a singular case and I'm really curious to see how the Bills and others are going to approach this situation.