You get a phone today, Ralph has hired you as the Bills new GM

SKOOBY

I sign Lauvale Sape to a 8 year 56 million dollar contract.

I force the players to practice outdoors. In the summer I buy the snow making machines from Kissing Bridge.

I teach em to get so angry after losses that they throw chairs.

I sign every player that is released ON THE CHEAP.

I trade our next 15 draft picks for thr rights of Mike Williams and bring back Rob Johnson to QB.

Any former player that was decent becomes the position coach at his

I call Skooby's BMW friends before any move allowing him to leak it to this board.

You wouldn't get the numbers and if you did, we'd change em.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Ralph Wilson know the number if you have just gotten your phone today?? Is he part of the psychic friends network? Is Cleo part of his brain trust?

It's Miss Cleo to you.

I hire a marketting team to start the Bills campaign of that makes a remake of the twister sister song COME ON FEEL THE CHROISE!!

This song will be played after every TD.

You mean Quiet Riot's cover of Slades song? Your gonna need a singer as Kevin commited suicide.Twisted never played that one.

What is the first move you make to improve the Bills ??

The first move I'd make is to sign Terrence McGee to an extension. Between him and McKelvin, the starting CB spots would be filled for many years to come. That would free the Bills to focus on other positions in the 2010 draft.

The first move I'd make is to sign Terrence McGee to an extension. Between him and McKelvin, the starting CB spots would be filled for many years to come. That would free the Bills to focus on other positions in the 2010 draft.

That makes sense, but it sucks that we have to think that way. This team needs a left tackle and a DT 10x more than it needs a corner, with or without MaGee. Until the Levy/Jauron mentality is entirely purged, we will stay reduced to thinking (correctly mind you) like the above.

You mean Quiet Riot's cover of Slades song? Your gonna need a singer as Kevin commited suicide.Twisted never played that one.

DAMN!! I screwed that one up.

But I thought I would have gotten a bigger response on that one from the CHROISE NATION!!

You wouldn't get the numbers and if you did, we'd change em.

I am sure you would change your numbers. I mean it does basically mean that under the premise of ME being GM of the Bills why would you ever want factual information about the team when you and your YUGO buddies can pull sh-- from deep souces up your ass. :nana:

That makes sense, but it sucks that we have to think that way. This team needs a left tackle and a DT 10x more than it needs a corner, with or without MaGee. Until the Levy/Jauron mentality is entirely purged, we will stay reduced to thinking (correctly mind you) like the above.

I have to agree with everything you've written, Bill. Mind you, I still think that extending McGee would be a good idea regardless of whether the Levy/Jauron mentality is ended. It's typically a mistake to let your better players leave via free agency, even if they play less critical positions. But, that said, the main reason I'd love to see McGee extended is that it would protect us from having a first round pick used on a CB, at least for the next few years. Once McKelvin goes first contract and out, however . . . :nana:

But, that said, the main reason I'd love to see McGee extended is that it would protect us from having a first round pick used on a CB, at least for the next few years. Once McKelvin goes first contract and out, however . . . :nana:

I am far less confident than you wrt the Levy/Jauron mentality. In other words....even if they extend Magee, a first round corner is never, not ever out of the question.

A team which selected after us in round 2 got a 2010 first round pick in a trade, right? We selected a small safety instead. What about Whitner? He has how many years remaining? The Levy/Jauron mentality demands that these guys are drafted very early, and play 20 miles off of the ball. It is a total waste, and a proven formula to lose football games.

Again, I am stunned by the selections of Wood and Levitre. The optimist in me says that Jauron has few friends left and is losing power.

I have to agree with everything you've written, Bill. Mind you, I still think that extending McGee would be a good idea regardless of whether the Levy/Jauron mentality is ended. It's typically a mistake to let your better players leave via free agency, even if they play less critical positions. But, that said, the main reason I'd love to see McGee extended is that it would protect us from having a first round pick used on a CB, at least for the next few years. Once McKelvin goes first contract and out, however . . . :nana:

I'm pretty sure Bill Polian considers CB to be a top 5 position.

So do I, but you don't build a team around the secondary, unless your goal is to lose with a small, weak team. Sound familiar?

The last few years we've had 2 first round picks on the secondary, and 3 on the lines. That doesn't exactly sound like we are building around the secondary.

I'm pretty sure Bill Polian considers CB to be a top 5 position.

In eleven drafts with the Colts, Polian has used one first round pick on a CB. (The 29th overall selection on Marlin Jackson.) In seven years with the Bills, Polian used one first round pick on a CB--the 16th overall pick on James Williams.

Polian almost certainly considers CB--especially the #1 CB--to be a very important position. But not necessarily a top 5 position.

I know this is getting off the subject of Polian a bit, but if I had to name the top five positions, they'd be:

1. QB

2. LT

3. RDE

4. NT (especially in a 3-4)

5. A toss-up between RT, WR, and DT (in a 4-3). Arguably RB, especially if you're looking at an all-purpose back in the Thurman Thomas mold.

The last few years we've had 2 first round picks on the secondary, and 3 on the lines. That doesn't exactly sound like we are building around the secondary.

Start in 06, and if you don't think that Levy/Jauron placed more emphasis on the secondary than any other unit on the team in terms of draft picks and UFAs, then perhaps we can agree to disagree, because there is nothing else I can tell you.