You get a phone today, Ralph has hired you as the Bills new GM

SKOOBY

I am far less confident than you wrt the Levy/Jauron mentality. In other words....even if they extend Magee, a first round corner is never, not ever out of the question.

A team which selected after us in round 2 got a 2010 first round pick in a trade, right? We selected a small safety instead. What about Whitner? He has how many years remaining? The Levy/Jauron mentality demands that these guys are drafted very early, and play 20 miles off of the ball. It is a total waste, and a proven formula to lose football games.

Again, I am stunned by the selections of Wood and Levitre. The optimist in me says that Jauron has few friends left and is losing power.

I agree with your implication that the Bills would be better off with Carolina's first round pick in the 2010 draft, than they are with Byrd. That said, I think that Jauron knows his job may be on the line this season; and would have been loath to trade away present benefit for a future benefit he might not be around to see. (Jauron's influence in the war room may have waned, but the Byrd pick has his fingerprints all over it.)

Your point about Whitner is depressing, because I do not want to see this team blow another top 10 pick on a strong safety any time soon! :thumbsup: That said, I hope he has at least six good seasons ahead of him (which would imply a ten year career).

Since Levy became GM, the Bills have had four picks in the top 15. Of those picks, two were used on DBs (Whitner and McKelvin), one on a RB (Lynch), and one on a DE (Maybin). This is unfortunate--one would have hoped for a stronger emphasis on the lines.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your implication that the Bills would be better off with Carolina's first round pick in the 2010 draft, than they are with Byrd. That said, I think that Jauron knows his job may be on the line this season; and would have been loath to trade away present benefit for a future benefit he might not be around to see. (Jauron's influence in the war room may have waned, but the Byrd pick has his fingerprints all over it.)

Your point about Whitner is depressing, because I do not want to see this team blow another top 10 pick on a strong safety any time soon! :thumbsup: That said, I hope he has at least six good seasons ahead of him (which would imply a ten year career).

Since Levy became GM, the Bills have had four picks in the top 15. Of those picks, two were used on DBs (Whitner and McKelvin), one on a RB (Lynch), and one on a DE (Maybin). This is unfortunate--one would have hoped for a stronger emphasis on the lines.

Sure. To Jauron, a safety is the ultimate. He can line him up on the goal line; its perfect for the "play not to lose" mentality.

Even if Carolina wins the superbowl (which they most certainly will not), the Bills would have gained 9 spots. I think there is a better chance of them tanking, which would have given the Bills an early first round pick.

At this point I don't really care that much about that particular mistake, because what they really need to do is to purge this team of Jauron and his loser mentality. Do you know of a football exorcist?