WR situation

The comparison he agreed with was Reed to Hines Ward, not Parrish. If you're going to jump down someone's throat, maybe you should get your facts straight first.

For the record, Ward is a little taller, but lighter, than Reed.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Here's the quote I was refuting: "If parrish is "too small", then Reed is not much bigger."

I think my facts are straight. Don't jump down my throat, please.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Not sure I understand what you mean. Here's the quote I was refuting: "If parrish is "too small", then Reed is not much bigger."

How did my comparison of Josh Reed to Hines Ward confuse you so badly? :thumbsup:

Maybe you just responded to the wrong post. You responded to this post:

I also make the same comparison, Josh Reed is to good to be forgotten, but don't worry though, I'm sure our coaches realize as much and I expect Reed to have one of the best years of his career.

That was a response to this post:

Josh Reed is the poor man's Hines Ward. He brings alot of value to a team that has other playmakers. I would hate to see him left out of the mix this year.

I don't see Parish's name anywhere in either of those.

Ah. Now I understand. Yes, I responded to the wrong post. I was refuting the post where Mephistopheles said that reed wasn't much bigger than parrish.

BTW - I think Roscoe is great. I think he has a specific role on this team, however I think Reed is more valuable overall.

Maybe you just responded to the wrong post. You responded to this post:

Moving the Chains is huge - if you look at Josh Reed's numbers of catcha to first downs - it is an awsome ratio. He runs the routes, snags the ball and it is a firstand 10. that importance will only be magnified with 2 deep threats ond RB swing offs. He is a legimat theart, that will spread the opposing LB thin

My guess, would be 65-70 receptions and close to 45-48 firstdowns

Ah. Now I understand. Yes, I responded to the wrong post. I was refuting the post where Mephistopheles said that reed wasn't much bigger than parrish.

BTW - I think Roscoe is great. I think he has a specific role on this team, however I think Reed is more valuable overall.

Given the Bills current roster, I agree. They have very capable returners, should Roscoe be traded, but they don't have a guy who can play the slot like Reed.

No apology to dog? What a stand-up guy. :thumbsup:

This is my image of Todd.

Guest dog14787
So you've told that joke twice now. It wasn't any funnier the 2nd time. Care to try something original, or aren't you witty enough?

I liked it :thumbsup:

Moving the Chains is huge - if you look at Josh Reed's numbers of catcha to first downs - it is an awsome ratio. He runs the routes, snags the ball and it is a firstand 10. that importance will only be magnified with 2 deep threats ond RB swing offs. He is a legimat theart, that will spread the opposing LB thin

My guess, would be 65-70 receptions and close to 45-48 firstdowns

I like Reed, but I doubt he'll drag down that many. His career high is 58 receptions, and we just added TO to the mix...there are only so many receptions to go around.

Guest dog14787
Should I kiss your ass or something? I responded to the wrong post. Did I hurt your feelings?

Yes, yes and yes, I'm a sensitive fella :thumbsup:

I like Reed, but I doubt he'll drag down that many. His career high is 58 receptions, and we just added TO to the mix...there are only so many receptions to go around.

I kinda like having this problem. Quite unfamiliar to us Bills fans for a number of years, eh?

If protection breaks down quickly, he'll see a lot of passes.

First of all comparing Reed to Ward is an insult to an eventual HOFer. Secondly saying that Parrish is too small to block is no different. that was my point. If parrish is "too small", then Reed is not much bigger.

My whole point is that the potential of this offense is better served getting johnson and parrish in one on one matchups with safties and nickle backs, than it is to just hand the position to Reed and have that take up a receiver spot that is too limited this year. Reed one on one in the slot is what opposing teams would rather too!

Enough of this thread....

Reed's value showed in spades last year(especially in his injury absence). Many here felt similarly a couple years ago but Reed's value to the team, isn't questionable any longer, not to those who watch the Bills and understand the game.

You sir, are dead wrong.............

I am not saying that their sizes are the same as far as weight. He plays small in that he has limited vertical and explosiveness. He is tough, but disappears around the goal line because he is too small (short not skinny) and cannot separate. He is too easy to cover. What he gets is what the defense is willing to give up!

I do agree though with a previous post that said why get rid of him now when he is at his best. That is true in that he has been better and better each year but I would hate to see us cut a good young talent that could possibly help out now in the slot, when we currently have an abundance of receivers and TO is only around for a year. Next year Reed will be thirty, and though that is not incredibly old for a WR, it is much older than the alternatives we currently have. I am not opposed to keeping him IF they kept six, I don't believe they will, i think they only have room for five in order to carry 15 corners and 10 safties as Jauron likes to do.

You all have a chubby for this guy and i am not saying he is garbage but that the others we have can do what he does and then some. If he is so good then why has Buffalo been looking for receivers to go with Evans ever since they got rid of Moulds. Reed as been there the whole time and has yet to step up and become an answer.

Negatives

1. less than 284 catches over 8 years is merely 35 per

2. 9 TD's over the same span is just over 1 a year

3. disappears inside the 20

4. no special teams help (which should be expected from the additional receiver slots)

Positives

1. Willing and able blocker

2. Sure handed (hasn't even fumbled in 6 years)

3. I guess a good off the field guy just to give him a third one!