Help. Inputs on my hotel tv blocked out

Well, I'm going to be stuck in this hotel room for 11 days. Brought my PS3 to help pass some time at night, but the HDMI ports are locked out on my TV. Asked the manager if I could have them unblocked and he laughed and said no. Anyone know of a way to unlock them so I can use my PS3? Google has been of little help so far.

Well, I'm going to be stuck in this hotel room for 11 days. Brought my PS3 to help pass some time at night, but the HDMI ports are locked out on my TV. Asked the manager if I could have them unblocked and he laughed and said no. Anyone know of a way to unlock them so I can use my PS3? Google has been of little help so far.

Find a local liquor store.

What do you mean by "locked out"? Like in the same way that Verizon locks out features on their phones?

What do you mean by "locked out"? Like in the same way that Verizon locks out features on their phones?

Yeah, can't switch from the tuner setting to the hdmi port. Might have to try to find the maintenance guy and bribe him

:rolleyes: looking to be the case here

Don't forget the chips, pork rinds, chocolate bars, Jujyfruits, Milk Duds and the like. Perhaps a can of squirt cheese, a can of cashews. You have to have a variety.

Get a loaf of rye bread and some spearmint chewing gum to cleanse the palate from time to time.

And if your employer is paying, and there is one of those Mini-Bar iceboxs with wine, booze, snacks - hit it .

I take this to mean that there's no function available to toggle inputs? If so, buy a cheapo universal remote and program it to the TV in your room, and use that input button.

I take this to mean that there's no function available to toggle inputs? If so, buy a cheapo universal remote and program it to the TV in your room, and use that input button.

When I used to do a lot of traveling, I would carry a cheap universal remote, to get some functions on hotel TV's.

If that doesn't work, I think bribing he maintenance person is a great idea.

Can't you just change hotels? Nothing teaches hotels quicker than a patron changing hotels.

Just a dummy check: some TVs wont let you switch to the HDMI port if the device is not connected or powered on.

Otherwise go buy a TV from a store whose return period is at least 11 days long :rolleyes:

What brand of TV? Model? Does the hotel have PPV movies? Lodgenet or On Command? I've "played around" with just about every TV when I've stayed in hotels, about 200 nights a year.

Philips 32HDL5860. from what I've read I need the green master remote to do this. There is a best buy within a Trent Edwards bomb from the hotel so I think i'm going to "buy" a 19" monitor for the week.

I would change hotels had I not pricelined the room and would forfeit the rest of what I spent. However, if I spot the maintenance guy might have to slip him a 20 to get my hands on that remote. Wish I had brought my harmony now that I think about it.

Thanks for the ideas though guys. There's a stripclub next door, think I'm gonna go sniff around for a bit and see whats up. :rolleyes:

Philips 32HDL5860. from what I've read I need the green master remote to do this. ....

However, if I spot the maintenance guy might have to slip him a 20 to get my hands on that remote. Wish I had brought my harmony now that I think about it.

Yep, you need the green remote. Even universal remotes will not get you into the extra menus the green one will.

Yep, you need the green remote. Even universal remotes will not get you into the extra menus the green one will.

If I traveled more i would definitely invest in one of those remotes. I'm thinking taking advantages of Best Buy's 14 day return policy is going to be my best bet here.