The waterboarding challange to Sean Hannity

Yeah, but that only happens when there's no room on the table for the interrogator's pasta salad...

Or they can just force them to do everyone's homework.

Isn't it a bit odd how some of these liberal nutsacks can be so tense about our government waterboarding 3 people that were responsable for killing thousands of Americans, but will defend an late term abortionist doctor who was killed that was responsable for killing 60,000 people?

Oh the Irony...

Um...what? One doctor killed 60,000 people? Try again.

I'll be happy to be waterboarded right after you're aborted. Deal?

Classy... How old are you?

The first hint od cluelessness came when he said only 3 people were waterboarded.

The next was that they believe everything that they told us on the 83rd attempt was the truth.

Are you volunteering magox ???

You asked if anyone wanted to be waterboarded. All I did was offer an alternate offer. Problem?

Yes. His problem is he thought he was being clever and wasn't at all prepared for a better retort. Shame on you. You know he's not that bright.

ya didn't you know? he had a fast service abortionist joint, happily serving thousands in the midwest.

Dean the point is that abortions is a debatable topic, approximately half the people here in the US think it is wrong the other half doesn't. I don't have any quams with that and I respect the decisions of those that believe in Pro Choice. Waterboarding is another debatable topic, many people don't believe it is torture and many do. But where I have a problem Dean is that many liberals are outraged that we waterboarded 3 individuals that we know of, that killed thousands of Americans, and many people are tense about this? and lets remember it is debatable if it is torture or not.

But these same people that are outraged about our government waterboarding these scumbags of the earth, and let's not forget how we all felt about 9/11, and the feelings and anger we had, and the paranoia that was in many people's minds. I remember very clearly that we were pretty much all demanding that our government protect us and make sure to not have that ever happen again.

Now, these same people are now also outraged about a doctor, who performed late term abortions. Which is highly debatable and wrong in the views of many, and if he was doing it for the goodness of his heart, charging $27,000 calls that into question.

I'm not justifying that he was killed, obviously the man who did that is an extremist and has some serious mental issues. The problem is that many of you feel sympathy for the guys that were waterboarded that were responsable for killing thousands of people, and that you feel sympathy for a doctor who did some very questionable services that was also responsable for killing many people.You don't find that Ironic?

I'm very comfortable with my views, I can't say the same for people on the other side of the aisle.

Using a condom is killing people? I guess you don't take biology until next semester, huh?

The Vatican seems to think so, if you want to play fast and loose with logic.

Say what you want about them, at least they're consistent in their "Anything that prevents a baby from being born is bad" position.

ya didn't you know? he had a fast service abortionist joint, happily serving thousands in the midwest.

Dean the point is that abortions is a debatable topic, approximately half the people here in the US think it is wrong the other half doesn't. I don't have any quams with that and I respect the decisions of those that believe in Pro Choice. Waterboarding is another debatable topic, many people don't believe it is torture and many do. But where I have a problem Dean is that many liberals are outraged that we waterboarded 3 individuals that we know of, that killed thousands of Americans, and many people are tense about this? and lets remember it is debatable if it is torture or not.

But these same people that are outraged about our government waterboarding these scumbags of the earth, and let's not forget how we all felt about 9/11, and the feelings and anger we had, and the paranoia that was in many people's minds. I remember very clearly that we were pretty much all demanding that our government protect us and make sure to not have that ever happen again. Now, these same people are now also outraged about a doctor, who performed late term abortions. Which is highly debatable and wrong in the views of many, and if he was doing it for the goodness of his heart, charging $27,000 calls that into question.

I'm not justifying that he was killed, obviously the man who did that is an extremist and has some serious mental issues. The problem is that many of you feel sympathy for the guys that were waterboarded that were responsable for killing thousands of people, and that you feel sympathy for a doctor who did some very questionable services that was also responsable for killing many people.You don't find that Ironic?

I'm very comfortable with my views, I can't say the same for people on the other side of the aisle.

First of all, I notice you want to wipe your claim that Tiller killed 60,000 people, under the rug. One of the biggest issues I have with people on both sides of these arguments, are the out-and-out lies that are spewed. Check out the latest thread regarding Hannity's outright lies about what Obama said in his recent speech. It's hard for me to have a reasonable discussion with someone who thinks nothing of lying. To further try to make a point, you use the absolute lowest estimate for the number of people who may have been waterboarded by the USA. This kind of argument demonstrates no sense of reasonable intellectual honesty on your part.

But moving on, there are many complex arguments surrounding the two issues you cite. Abortion is one are that isn't likely to be settled anytime soon, as far as morality is concerned. It is, however, settled as far as the law is concerned. It is legal. And not only is it legal in the USA, it is legal (in one form or another) in many countries of the world, including the two of the USA's closest allies, Canada and England:

http://www.pregnantpause.org/lex/world02.htm

So, while Tiller may have been doing something you, and many others, find reprehensible, what he was doing was legal, and is not considered murder in the USA. But with that said, I agree that many on the pro-choice side seem to have little concern with the termination of the fetus. I must also say that very few (from what I can tell) on the pro-life side seem to have much concern with the health and welfare of the mother of that fetus. They demand the baby be born! After than, most don't seem to give a rat's ass what happens to the baby, or the mother. The extremists on both sides seem too caught up in winning to bring some humanity to the issue.

And that leads us to the subject of torture, perpetrated by the USA. I think many completely miss the point if they think the reason most of those who are offended the USA used waterboarding (and other questionable interrogation techniques) is because we feel sympathy for the victims of the torture (in this instance). While that might be true for some, I don't think it is anywhere near the root of the reason for the rage most of us feel. Who really gives a s#it about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (for example)? The problem with torture isn't what it does to these victims (although that certainly can be an issue in other circumstances), the problem is what it does to US. We are now a nation that breaks International Law (yes, waterboarding is against the law), and engages in interrogation techniques that we would NEVER acknowledge as legitimate if they were used on US troops. Add to that most experts believe torture to be an unreliable method of interrogation, that is the information gleaned under these techniques has not proven to be generally reliable.

So the USA starts acting like the scummiest countries on the planet in order to protect itself? When we behave like that, what is there to protect? Certainly not our "values" as they have been flushed down the toilet.

Some ask, "If we had Mohamed Atta in custody on September 10th, and waterboarding elicited a confession and prevented the tragedy at the World Trade Towers, wouldn't it have been the right thing to do?" My answer to this question is, sometimes you have to break the law to do the right thing. But when you do you still have to face the consequences. If you were right, and saved a massive tragedy, then you put yourself at the mercy of the legal system and hope the jurors see fit to render a merciful verdict. You don't try to claim you didn't break the law and it was really legal, etc. The law remains the law. If the past administration would have handled it in this straightforward manner, the issue might be out of the news by now. Instead, they try to claim waterboarding isn't torture. That's just stupid, IMO. US troops, and citizens, are far less safe because of that approach, IMO.

First of all, I notice you want to wipe your claim that Tiller killed 60,000 people, under the rug. One of the biggest issues I have with people on both sides of these arguments, are the out-and-out lies that are spewed. Check out the latest thread regarding Hannity's outright lies about what Obama said in his recent speech. It's hard for me to have a reasonable discussion with someone who thinks nothing of lying. To further try to make a point, you use the absolute lowest estimate for the number of people who may have been waterboarded by the USA. This kind of argument demonstrates no sense of reasonable intellectual honesty on your part.

But moving on, there are many complex arguments surrounding the two issues you cite. Abortion is one are that isn't likely to be settled anytime soon, as far as morality is concerned. It is, however, settled as far as the law is concerned. It is legal. And not only is it legal in the USA, it is legal (in one form or another) in many countries of the world, including the two of the USA's closest allies, Canada and England:

http://www.pregnantpause.org/lex/world02.htm

So, while Tiller may have been doing something you, and many others, find reprehensible, what he was doing was legal, and is not considered murder in the USA. But with that said, I agree that many on the pro-choice side seem to have little concern with the termination of the fetus. I must also say that very few (from what I can tell) on the pro-life side seem to have much concern with the health and welfare of the mother of that fetus. They demand the baby be born! After than, most don't seem to give a rat's ass what happens to the baby, or the mother. The extremists on both sides seem too caught up in winning to bring some humanity to the issue.

And that leads us to the subject of torture, perpetrated by the USA. I think many completely miss the point if they think the reason most of those who are offended the USA used waterboarding (and other questionable interrogation techniques) is because we feel sympathy for the victims of the torture (in this instance). While that might be true for some, I don't think it is anywhere near the root of the reason for the rage most of us feel. Who really gives a s#it about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (for example)? The problem with torture isn't what it does to these victims (although that certainly can be an issue in other circumstances), the problem is what it does to US. We are now a nation that breaks International Law (yes, waterboarding is against the law), and engages in interrogation techniques that we would NEVER acknowledge as legitimate if they were used on US troops. Add to that most experts believe torture to be an unreliable method of interrogation, that is the information gleaned under these techniques has not proven to be generally reliable.

So the USA starts acting like the scummiest countries on the planet in order to protect itself? When we behave like that, what is there to protect? Certainly not our "values" as they have been flushed down the toilet.

Some ask, "If we had Mohamed Atta in custody on September 10th, and waterboarding elicited a confession and prevented the tragedy at the World Trade Towers, wouldn't it have been the right thing to do?" My answer to this question is, sometimes you have to break the law to do the right thing. But when you do you still have to face the consequences. If you were right, and saved a massive tragedy, then you put yourself at the mercy of the legal system and hope the jurors see fit to render a merciful verdict. You don't try to claim you didn't break the law and it was really legal, etc. The law remains the law. If the past administration would have handled it in this straightforward manner, the issue might be out of the news by now. Instead, they try to claim waterboarding isn't torture. That's just stupid, IMO. US troops, and citizens, are far less safe because of that approach, IMO.

Who said I was backing away from the 60,000 abortions he performed? I think that is you who assumed that. Everything I have read says he performed 60,000 abortions, all you have to do is google it and you will see at least 100 articles stating that he did, and by his own admission. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/colleen-raezl...ifers-are-crazy . Is it a real justified number? who knows? Soon I believe we will know the real numbers, but before you criticize me about something or accuse me of lying, make sure you have your facts straight. Mkkkaaaay? :thumbsup:

Like I said before, I am comfortable with my position and beliefs in what the government did in what they thought was best to prevent a future attack. I find it somewhat disgusting for those who sympathize for the one's who were waterboarded and express outrage over the matter.

Also, I find it somewhat hipocritical of you to say it's hard to have a decent conversation with someone that doesn't have all their facts together or that lies, specially when you say MOST experts say that waterboarding is not an effective means of gathering information from the person being interrogated. That is not true, you are basing that information from what SOME experts say. There are more EXPERTS in this field that believe it is effective that I have read then those that don't. So please, don't lecture me when you are guilty of what you are preaching about, specially in the same post that you are lecturing me about it in. ;)

so which of you guys volunteers to be waterboarded first?

We'll collect $100 and the prize goes to the one that lasts the longest

I volunteer to be waterboarded.

But, not for $100.00.

No, what YOU have to do is stand on a ship way out at sea for FOUR DAYS and survive a US military sniper taking aim at the back of your head.

Then we'll see if YOU survive when the sniper pulls the trigger and your head explodes.

Deal?

I volunteer to be waterboarded.

But, not for $100.00.

No, what YOU have to do is stand on a ship way out at sea for FOUR DAYS and survive a US military sniper taking aim at the back of your head.

Then we'll see if YOU survive when the sniper pulls the trigger and your head explodes.

Deal?

What the fuk are you taling about? Earth calling...

how does waterboarding equate to Somali pirates?

Not of $100? will half a brain work?