What does Singletary offer his players?

You really put your ignorance on display for all to see with that one. Did you really just diminish the importance of a late season winning streak in the NFL? :lol: I would take a 5-4 finish under an interim coach over a 2-8 finish with a proven loser of a head coach anytime. Singletary already has Jauron beat. .555 win % after a partial season. Nice try, thanks for playing.

uhhhhhh, didnt the 49ers finish 7-9 JUST LIKE we did? in arguably a much weaker division?

so it doesnt matter to you that the overall outcome was the same? a 5-4 finish that gets you to 7-9 (and no playoffs) is better than a 2-8 finish which gets you to 7-9 (and no playoffs)?

uhhhhhh, didnt the 49ers finish 7-9 JUST LIKE we did? in arguably a much weaker division?

so it doesnt matter to you that the overall outcome was the same? a 5-4 finish that gets you to 7-9 (and no playoffs) is better than a 2-8 finish which gets you to 7-9 (and no playoffs)?

Singletary didn't finish 7-9. HE TOOK OVER AT 2-5 and went 5-4, A WINNING RECORD! :lol::flirt:

(Which included coming here in week 13 and B word slapping Dick and his troops on their home field.)

You really put your ignorance on display for all to see with that one. Did you really just diminish the importance of a late season winning streak in the NFL? :lol: I would take a 5-4 finish under an interim coach over a 2-8 finish with a proven loser of a head coach anytime. Singletary already has Jauron beat. .555 win % after a partial season. Nice try, thanks for playing.

No ignorance on my part. You're trying awfully hard to keep from falling on your face, however, if you think beating the sad sack teams the 49ers faced during the last month of 2008 will carry over to this year. The 2009 schedule has 7-9 (or worse)written all over it:

September 13 @ Arizona

September 20 vs. Seattle

September 27 @ Minnesota

October 4 vs. St. Louis

October 11 vs. Atlanta

October 18 BYE

October 25 @ Houston

November 1 @ Indianapolis

November 8 vs. Tennessee

November 12 (Thursday) vs. Chicago

November 22 @ Green Bay

November 29 vs. Jacksonville

December 6 @ Seattle

December 14 vs. Arizona

December 20 @ Philadelphia

December 27 vs. Detroit

January 3 @ St. Louis

remember when Greg Williams tried to run an intense camp? It did not work then. My guess is that if SF starts losing Singletary will lose the team and quickly. These guys need to motivate themselves. If the [layers built the hill and started using it I would be impressed.

Yeah you're right. I guess Parcells, Billicheat, Singletary and Walsh got it all wrong. Let the millionaires motivate themselves huh :flirt: . Intensity and good play call starts with the head coach and tricklesdown to the players. We need open air OTA's and outdoor practices, two a days and film work. Sweat equity will follow. Enough of Dicky J's Club Med like atmosphere. Blood, sweat and tears...thats how you build winners. :lol:

Sorry to reiterate, but screw it. It's the offseason. Everything is reiteration.

1) Gregg Williams bit the big green weenie as a coach. He bit it in Buffalo, he bit it as the assistant head coach in Washington, and he's out of football. At least I think he's out of football. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong. But he got his ass handed to him leaving Buffalo, and even Danny Dot-Com Snyder wouldn't promote him once Gibbs retired (again). Barking at millionaires is a waste of breath. They'll outlast you, and you'll be in the broadcast booth or opening a pizza parlor within months.

2) I knew a kid from BYU that played (briefly) for Coughlin in Jacksonville. Said he was a bahhstaahhhd. This guy was MF-ing huge, terrifyingly huge, and red meat. I didn't think he'd be fearful or contemptuous of ANYTHING. He simply couldn't STAND Coughlin. Real f-ing motivational.

What's the point? Like so many things in life, the answer lies in the middle of the road. Cream puffs like Al Saunders in San Diego 20 years ago can be excellent offensive coordinators, but not the best head coaches. Hard ass "richards" like Gregg Williams get the same result.

Off season's getting old, isn't it? Any update on Wendell Bryant?

Sorry to reiterate, but screw it. It's the offseason. Everything is reiteration.

1) Gregg Williams bit the big green weenie as a coach. He bit it in Buffalo, he bit it as the assistant head coach in Washington, and he's out of football. At least I think he's out of football. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

i can't help but correct you, gregg is the DC in new orleans

I was just going to post this myself. Strength of schedule definately helped Singletary, but I do like Singeltary's fire. It'll be interesting to see how he does with a full year as a HC.

I totally agree with you here. I like the guy and am very curious. Loved him as a player.

I wish him the best, except against the Bills, of course.

So I have to leave my computer for a few hours and come back to find a parade of soft Dick apologists. Don't get me wrong, I bleed Bills blue, but you have to be able to think with your head and not your heart. Dick Jauron should have been banished from the NFL for life following last years shameful collapse. His only salvation was a premature contract extension.

There comes a point where a head coach can take it easy on a squad. When you have a successful veteran team and an established system, you can coast, much like Marv did in the "glory years." It's a privilege that you earn, not one that is simply given.

I disagree. See Last years Cardinals, Jets(H), Browns, Niners, and Fins(TO) games. There were times where this team looked like they were sleep walking. They were losing and looked like they couldn't care less. Those are the times where someone has to take charge and provide a spark.

I don't think it's possible to disagree more than I disagree with your last paragraph. This team never gave up for one instant. Not one play, and I absolutely love that about the Bills last year and under Jauron generally. I haven't been thrilled with everything about him, but I do not understand how you can say that they couldn't care less. You must have been watching different games.

Yeah, he disagrees with you, so he must be wrong.

And thanks for all the evidence. Next.

Yeah you're right. I guess Parcells, Billicheat, Singletary and Walsh got it all wrong. Let the millionaires motivate themselves huh :flirt: . Intensity and good play call starts with the head coach and tricklesdown to the players. We need open air OTA's and outdoor practices, two a days and film work. Sweat equity will follow. Enough of Dicky J's Club Med like atmosphere. Blood, sweat and tears...thats how you build winners. :lol:

No, it just isn't. It is ONE way to build winners. There are many ways. If you doubt it, just look at Dick Vermeil, an absolutely terrific coach who was never a screamer. He believed in his players, GOT GOOD PERSONNEL like Parcells and the rest, and won, surprise, surprise.

There are many ways to win (with one caveat). You absolutely will not win if you don't have the players. And lately, we haven't had the players. It does look like we may have improved, but so much depends on the offensive line, the defensive line and Trent staying healthy and improving a great deal. If that happens, Jauron will look like a genius because he will have better players.

So, answer me this...what kind of 'run 'em into the ground' training regime does New England, Indy or a host of other winning teams employ?

How come guys at keyboards always think the answer is to act like its a "world's strongest man' competition...

They all share a winning mentality. How they employ it may differ, but the results are the same. Singletary gets more out of his players by making them the toughest. Thats what the Steelers have done for years. Indy and the Pats use skill, execution, and schemes. But they all are expected to win. DJ accepts losing, and when you do that you can never win.

I fully expect the 9ers to make the playoffs this year and become a dominant franchise once again with Big Mike at the helm, he wont accept anything else. (I was hoping the Bills could sign him away from San Fran before he was promoted)

One more thing. If Singletary coached 9 seasons as an NFL head coach, and had one winning season to show for it, he would resign/retire. Not like limp Dick who seems to just go through the NFL being buddies to his players and collecting a pay check.

One more thing. If Singletary coached 9 seasons as an NFL head coach, and had one winning season to show for it, he would resign/retire. Not like limp Dick who seems to just go through the NFL being buddies to his players and collecting a pay check.

Gee, you don't like DJ, you should be banned from posting too.

I fully expect the 9ers to make the playoffs this year and become a dominant franchise once again with Big Mike at the helm, he wont accept anything else. (I was hoping the Bills could sign him away from San Fran before he was promoted)

So look at their 2009 schedule and tell who the wins will be. They'll be lucky to be .500 IMO. "Not Accepting" sounds nice, and makes for good TV, but talent is talent and running up hills doesn't change that.

So look at their 2009 schedule and tell who the wins will be. They'll be lucky to be .500 IMO. "Not Accepting" sounds nice, and makes for good TV, but talent is talent and running up hills doesn't change that.

I agree they will be at least .500 this year. If they had a proven qb, 10-6. Singeltary is a winner, IMO.

I don't think it's possible to disagree more than I disagree with your last paragraph. This team never gave up for one instant. Not one play, and I absolutely love that about the Bills last year and under Jauron generally. I haven't been thrilled with everything about him, but I do not understand how you can say that they couldn't care less. You must have been watching different games.

I personally would prefer they care less and execute more. Toss in a valid gameplan on both sides of the ball and we just may break the 7-9 curse.