Rams "Genuine Interest" in Vick?

H2o

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...-at-the-post-6/

3. Several people in the NFL told me not to rule out St. Louis as a possible destination for Vick. The Rams might have some ownership issues to deal with before actually signing him, but they have genuine interest. They’ve been doing their due diligence on Vick, and if the Commissioner does reinstate him, look for them to actively pursue him. It makes sense — a new coach with an older quarterback who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism.

Michael Vick in a Rams uni? "Greatest Show on Turf" part deux?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are, it's news to at least one guy in the sports department at the Post-Dispatch, because he laughed when I asked him about it. (Well, he actually typed "BWAHAHAhahaha" at me, but you know what I mean ...)

Well the Rams are a team that I could see taking a chance on a guy like Vick. Their defense is still a work in progress and despite their really good offensive line they need a few skill position guys to provide a spark. Vick plus Steve Jackson in a wildcat it could help the offense put up some points. Without Holt, and an aging Marc Bulger ( who was a little over rated in the first place. ) the Rams offense needs a spark and Vick brings that.

Spagnolo is a coach who is beloved by his players ( on the Giants he was the good cop to Tom Coughlins bad cop ) and I think that if he is confident in his locker room to rally behind Vick so he might take a chance in order to make more of an impact in his first year and build a rep as the guy who revived Michael Vick.

It would be a good fit in my opinion. With Jason Smith, Jacob Bell, Jason Brown and Alex Barron the Rams offensive line is staked and Vick and Jackson in the Wild cat running behind that line look out.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...-at-the-post-6/

Michael Vick in a Rams uni? "Greatest Show on Turf" part deux?

it would be like the greatest show on turf except Vick isnt any good, they dont have any good receivers and their offensive line is horrible....other then that yeah they would be just like the greatest show on turf

it would be like the greatest show on turf except Vick isnt any good, they dont have any good receivers and their offensive line is horrible....other then that yeah they would be just like the greatest show on turf

Well Vick can run and is a better thrower than all wildcat QB's ( who are usually just running backs ) and the o-line is really good. They added the best left tackle in the draft and the best center in free agency. They also return a good guard in Jacob Bell and a good right tackle in Alex Barron. So not quite greatest show on turf but at least they would have a show on turf. Vick and Steven Jackson running behind a good o-line that will only get better.

If they are, it's news to at least one guy in the sports department at the Post-Dispatch, because he laughed when I asked him about it. (Well, he actually typed "BWAHAHAhahaha" at me, but you know what I mean ...)

Not saying this rumor is true, but the fact that a newspaper is slow to get facts is a big part of why the industry is failing.

Not saying this rumor is true, but the fact that a newspaper is slow to get facts is a big part of why the industry is failing.

Because the Barry Bonds thing was broken by ... two guys at the SF Chronicle.

Because the former mayor of Detroit was taken down by the Freep.

Yeah, okay. Slow to get facts? Not really. Slow to get them to the public? Yes, if they're not invested in 24/7 Web updates.

Because the Barry Bonds thing was broken by ... two guys at the SF Chronicle.

Because the former mayor of Detroit was taken down by the Freep.

Yeah, okay. Slow to get facts? Not really. Slow to get them to the public? Yes, if they're not invested in 24/7 Web updates.

You're right and it sucks that newspapers are failing. But unfortunately the examples you have given are the exception rather than the norm. Internet sites and blogs generally now are the first to break many major stories. Newspapers can't really compete with the 24 hour availability of the internet.

You're right and it sucks that newspapers are failing. But unfortunately the examples you have given are the exception rather than the norm. Internet sites and blogs generally now are the first to break many major stories. Newspapers can't really compete with the 24 hour availability of the internet.

The news about the Rams being put up for sale -- with no restrictions on the buyer keeping them in STL, which is a new development? This guy.

It was on the P-D's Web site before midnight last night, and he blogged about it at 3 this morning.

Why don't we wait to see if Vick is even allowed to play this year. He is still under suspension.

If goodell doesnt let him play, that would be very unfair.

He has paid the price for his crimes both state and federal.

Yes he has but it still doesn't give him the right to play in the NFL. Goodell can keep him suspended one more year if he chooses. Who told you life was fair?

He's a convicted felon. Goodell has been known, so far, as the Commissioner most dedicated to cleaning up the league's image...if he ever reinstates a convicted felon, how can he ever be taken seriously again? He'll look like a hypocrite...and let's not forget the public backlash that will happen to whatever team is stupid enough to sign this guy...protests, riots, and God knows what else.

He's a convicted felon. Goodell has been known, so far, as the Commissioner most dedicated to cleaning up the league's image...if he ever reinstates a convicted felon, how can he ever be taken seriously again? He'll look like a hypocrite...and let's not forget the public backlash that will happen to whatever team is stupid enough to sign this guy...protests, riots, and God knows what else.

If they dont let him play, he should get a lawyer to sue Goodell, IMO.

Can't forever kep the man from making a living. And not every convicted felon should be confined to a menial job, just because.

I always wonder when people say this...is there some formula I'm not aware that determines whether or not a convicted felon has "served his time" or "paid his debt to society"?

Saying that it's unfair if Goodell doesn't reinstate him is a bit misguided, IMO. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, which Michael Vick lost once he committed this crime. He may not need to do much more to "pay his societal debt", but allowing him to come back to a "job" that makes him millions more than anyone who has not committed a crime is giving him awful lot to me.

Can't forever kep the man from making a living. And not every convicted felon should be confined to a menial job, just because.

You seem to have the mentality of a spoiled fan....or you're related to Michael Vick.

If you were the hiring manager of at any company, would you hire a convicted gambler that stole money from his/her friends? Just because they're released from prison doesn't necessarily mean the convicted felon is trustworthy. These guys need to re-earn the trust of the public before they get a job that earns them more than you or I.

I always wonder when people say this...is there some formula I'm not aware that determines whether or not a convicted felon has "served his time" or "paid his debt to society"?

Saying that it's unfair if Goodell doesn't reinstate him is a bit misguided, IMO. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, which Michael Vick lost once he committed this crime. He may not need to do much more to "pay his societal debt", but allowing him to come back to a "job" that makes him millions more than anyone who has not committed a crime is giving him awful lot to me.

When they let him out, he has paid his debt, that is the formula of which you were not aware. Seems self-evident to me.

He can go out and get a real job if he wants to. He does not have a right to play in the NFL.