Trent threw a 50 yard pass

Trent Edwards just uncorked a 50-yard bomb down the far sideline that I was sure would be too far for Terrell Owens, who was getting held up by Reggie Corner.

But Owens saw the ball coming swam over the DB and closed on the ball catching it in stride for a 70-yard TD play.

At the very least I thought he’d have to dive for it. The closing burst on the ball was eye popping.

See highlights of practice later today in Bills Roundup.

i know, i know.. there is another thread, but it doesn't mention that it was 50 yards in the air. I thought it was physically impossible for his noodle to launch anything that far.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/29/o...catch-up-speed/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know, i know.. there is another thread, but it doesn't mention that it was 50 yards in the air. I thought it was physically impossible for his noodle to launch anything that far.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/29/o...catch-up-speed/

Maybe it's time you let go of your negative clihes concerning our starting QB and started talking him up a bit.

50 yards is not far at all for an NFL QB. It is the minimum. If you're happy that Trent can throw the minimum distance that any NFL QB has ever been able to throw, you need to raise your standards.

:w00t:

o please

50 yards is not far at all for an NFL QB. It is the minimum. If you're happy that Trent can throw the minimum distance that any NFL QB has ever been able to throw, you need to raise your standards.

If an NFL QB can't throw at least 140 yards, what's the freaking point? Trent should be able to throw a strike to TO from Hammers to far end zone.

n00bs...

:w00t:

Guest dog14787

Its as much about timing and knowing when to go long as it is about distance, if TO's running in single coverage its not going to matter if TE hits TO at 50 or 60 yards, its still going to end up being a big play.

I excited :w00t:

LOL you guys watch the QB challenges to much. Sure a QB can maybe throw it 70-80 yards but how often does that actually come up? Like almost never due to the time it takes a WR to get that far down the field. I would say 50 yards in the air is the standard for big pass plays in the NFL.

LOL you guys watch the QB challenges to much. Sure a QB can maybe throw it 70-80 yards but how often does that actually come up? Like almost never due to the time it takes a WR to get that far down the field. I would say 50 yards in the air is the standard for big pass plays in the NFL.

Do you see the irony in what you're saying?

You say 50 yards is standard, which is exactly what I was saying...