How good would we be if......

I may be in the minority here but I think the Bills have a pretty good team this year yet most "experts" have us as last in our division. So my question is if we had Bellicheat as coach would we be considered a contenter?

I may be in the minority here but I think the Bills have a pretty good team this year yet most "experts" have us as last in our division. So my question is if we had Bilicheat as coach would we be considered a contenter?

Let's not use him as an example as he's the lowest form of life in the NFL. Let's use Jeff Fisher instead. If Jeff Fisher was our coach, we would have been in the playoffs last year as the wild card, and be considered at least an AFC championship contender this year. He gets the most out of his players by not coddling them but respecting them and getting them to play at 110%. For chrissakes, he made Kerry Collins look a superstar QB four years past his prime with a sub-par receiving corps...imagine what he would do with a bonafide blue-chipper in Edwards and a WR tandem of Owens and Evans...?

To dream a dream.....

Let's not use him as an example as he's the lowest form of life in the NFL. Let's use Jeff Fisher instead. If Jeff Fisher was our coach, we would have been in the playoffs last year as the wild card, and be considered at least an AFC championship contender this year. He gets the most out of his players by not coddling them but respecting them and getting them to play at 110%. For chrissakes, he made Kerry Collins look a superstar QB four years past his prime with a sub-par receiving corps...imagine what he would do with a bonafide blue-chipper in Edwards and a WR tandem of Owens and Evans...?

To dream a dream.....

Lots of people were calling for Fisher's head when he had consecutive seasons of 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8 from '95-'98. Not saying he was a bad coach then. Not saying Jauron is a good coach now. Just saying sometimes fans are lucky they don't get what they wish for.

GO BILLS!!!

I may be in the minority here but I think the Bills have a pretty good team this year yet most "experts" have us as last in our division. So my question is if we had Bilicheat as coach would we be considered a contenter?

Absolutely. We would have been a contender the last three years also. You can hate the guy all you want, but there is no disputing the disparity in coaching pedigree between him and Dick Jauron.

To dream a dream.....

I agree with everything you say here. Worthy of it's own thread, but not hijackin' this thread.

To the O.P., yes, IMO, coaching is our weakest area. All the 'experts' claim DJ is a wonderful coach yadda yadda and throw flowers at him. But none of them believe he's playoff/Super Bowl capable. The further away we get from last season, the darker the shadow of what should have been, but imploded.

I presume you mean Bellicheat of the modern, Pats* era. If so, yes, I believe we'd be picked as a playoff/1st place team.

No. Because we won't get the benefit of the doubt until we do something to deserve it, regardless of what personnel are on staff/roster.

To dream a dream.....

That well may be the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. Instead of trying to blame it on the coach, blame it on the Bills' utter lack of talent. Belichick could not have made the playoffs with any team we've had since we lost to the Titans in the playoffs. (on an unrelated note, unlike most Bills fans, I think the refs made the correct call there - even if it technically was a backward lateral, it was way to close to overturn the on the field call imo. Doesn't mean it hurt me any less than it did any of you.) But the point is you simply cannot expect a team to win with inferior talent. Dick Jauron has NEVER had a team that would be in the top tier in the league talent wise. Watch this year - you will be pleasantly surprised. I know you will doubt until you see it, but DJ is the kind of coach that can get the most out of his players. The fact that the Bills were able to finish 7-9 with 3 win caliber teams is testament to that. You guys don't give him credit for the fact that he has had every Bills team he has coached playing way above their skill level. I think that with DJ's laid back demeanor he really needs some fiery personalities on the field, and that is his biggest weakness as a coach. Enter T.O. Exactly the type of player the Bills need to get those cocky juices flowing, and I think you will see what an awesome compliment TO and DJ will be for each other.

Also, this isn't in response to any particular post on this thread, but I say damn all this pessimism. For the first time in a long time we have very good reason to be hopeful and I'm sick of you jerks trying to bring us down.

I agree with everything you say here. Worthy of it's own thread, but not hijackin' this thread.

To the O.P., yes, IMO, coaching is our weakest area. All the 'experts' claim DJ is a wonderful coach yadda yadda and throw flowers at him. But none of them believe he's playoff/Super Bowl capable. The further away we get from last season, the darker the shadow of what should have been, but imploded.

I presume you mean Bellicheat of the modern, Pats* era. If so, yes, I believe we'd be picked as a playoff/1st place team.

I think the more interesting question would be, if DJ were coaching the Pats* this year, would they be favored?

No. Because we won't get the benefit of the doubt until we do something to deserve it, regardless of what personnel are on staff/roster.

That well may be the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. Instead of trying to blame it on the coach, blame it on the Bills' utter lack of talent. Belichick could not have made the playoffs with any team we've had since we lost to the Titans in the playoffs. (on an unrelated note, unlike most Bills fans, I think the refs made the correct call there - even if it technically was a backward lateral, it was way to close to overturn the on the field call imo. Doesn't mean it hurt me any less than it did any of you.) But the point is you simply cannot expect a team to win with inferior talent. Dick Jauron has NEVER had a team that would be in the top tier in the league talent wise. Watch this year - you will be pleasantly surprised. I know you will doubt until you see it, but DJ is the kind of coach that can get the most out of his players. The fact that the Bills were able to finish 7-9 with 3 win caliber teams is testament to that. You guys don't give him credit for the fact that he has had every Bills team he has coached playing way above their skill level. I think that with DJ's laid back demeanor he really needs some fiery personalities on the field, and that is his biggest weakness as a coach. Enter T.O. Exactly the type of player the Bills need to get those cocky juices flowing, and I think you will see what an awesome compliment TO and DJ will be for each other.

Also, this isn't in response to any particular post on this thread, but I say damn all this pessimism. For the first time in a long time we have very good reason to be hopeful and I'm sick of you jerks trying to bring us down.

NEXT

Definately, a handful of other coaches could have done more, I think. If he doesn't get it done this year, then I hope we'll have one of 'em next year. As it is, Jauron will have his chance to prove himself this year against some good teams and coaches.

I may be in the minority here but I think the Bills have a pretty good team this year yet most "experts" have us as last in our division. So my question is if we had Bellicheat as coach would we be considered a contenter?

Of course. Or Cowher, Gruden, lots of others. Just, 100%, not with DJ. DJ has a double L stamped on his forehead.

Definately, a handful of other coaches could have done more, I think. If he doesn't get it done this year, then I hope we'll have one of 'em next year. As it is, Jauron will have his chance to prove himself this year against some good teams and coaches.

Had the chance already, 0 for whatever it is against any winning clubs.

If this Bills team can win this year, they deserve double praise. It is hard to win in the NFL. And it is hard to win with DJ.

Of course we would. Next question? :worthy:

That well may be the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life..... Belichick could not have made the playoffs with any team we've had since we lost to the Titans in the playoffs....

You must be joking right? The 2004 team started out 3-6-0, then went on a 6 game winning streak, putting themselves in position to make the playoffs with a win at home against the Steelers, who ended up resting all of their starters. You tell me seriously, that Belicheck would not have coached the team to a win in that game, just that one game, against the Steelers back ups at home with a possible playoff spot on the line??

Fast forward to just last season. Belicheck is the Bills coach, and they are sitting at 5-1-0 after 6 weeks. You tell me seriously, that he would have allowed his team to fall apart the last 10 weeks like DJ with his calm demeaner allowed.

All of that crap about Belichick only winning because of Tom Brady went down the tubes last season, as he won 11 games with a back up QB with zero experience starting in the NFL.

Nice well thought out post with lucid supporting arguments. So I take it to mean you think the Bills actually were *good* during that time? lol. What a joke.

[/quote

Georgia, you just have to understand that this topic attracts the most sheep at TSW. After beating this dead horse they like to bounce over to the Trent apologist thread. You know the type I'm talking about.

Do you think if Trent was coached by ***Bellicheat**** he'd be Tom Brady? Do you think he is over his concussion? How many All-Pros would we have if Jauron was fired? BEASTMODE!