How good would we be if......

Tony Sparano, as a rookie HC, would have coached this team to a better record than 2-8 in the final 10. After watching the two Miami games, Sparano proved to me that coaching (like players) is all about talent. DJ's talent as a HC is minimal, but he's latched on with franchises that have been or are a perfect match: one needs a cheap coach and that coach needs a job.

At this moment, there are few coaches with 2+ years in the league who I would say are worse than DJ. I only wish Buffalo had hired a guy without the experience in 06 that had coaching potential. Pittsburgh did it with Tomlin, Arizona with Whisenhunt, Miami with Sparano, et al. Good coaching makes a below average team better, and an average team good. Buffalo has below average to poor coaching with average talent, ergo, the team tops out as mediocre.

Absolutely. We would have been a contender the last three years also. You can hate the guy all you want, but there is no disputing the disparity in coaching pedigree between him and Dick Jauron.

We would have built a good team, if the Bills had been able to make Dick Lebeau the DC/HC the year they hired him as a consultant to Jerry Gray. He went to Pittsburgh and made an average Defense into a terror and parlayed that into two Super Bowl wins. The Steelers do not win either of those SBs without Lebeaus defense.