Knowing how the draft shook out.

Inspired by the was Oher the better pick thread I was wondering if you had the same post draft frustration that I did. Now assuming the Bills could have gotten the 21st pick for Peters (which was rumored to be turned down by Buffalo for some reason) Than the Bills could have drafted Maybin and Oher while still having the 42nd pick and their third and two fourths.

They could still have had Wood by using the 42nd and the third to trade up to take him and seal up the o-line. Than with the fourth round pick still take Nelson and pick up the tight end they wanted. Than after all that they would have still had the fourth round pick.

I know that its unfair to criticize when you know the outcome but I was angry when people were reporting that the Bills turned down the 21st pick for the 28th pick. Also lets say that only the 28th was available did you feel that the Bills should have tried to try trade up for Oher while he was falling. If it would have cost them their 3rd and a lower round pick than why not. I was thinking that at the time of the draft.

I liked Oher but not at pick 11, if you could have had him at pick 21 or 22 than that would have been a perfect draft addressing our two biggest needs. While still being able to get other needs addressed as well. Don't get me wrong I liked our draft but I thought it could have been better.

the Bills were never rumored to have turned down the 21st pick, they were rumored to have turned down a 3rd round pick instead choosing to take a 4th and conditional pick next year along with 28

the majority of fans would have wanted the Bills to take Pettigrew at 21 if he was there but Im convinced they were set to go with Maybin at 11 then O-line with their second first even if it was the 21st

they seemed to be content with Walker at LT so they probably would have still passed on Oher at 21 if they got it but maybe would have taken Mack instead of Wood

If oher is such a stud I didnt notice it. I could be wrong.

Who you be more confident watching Trent Edwards blind side Oher a top flight college left tackle or Walker a guy who failed at left tackle while he was in Oakland.

Oher

Wood

Hardgardner

Butler

Walker

All I am saying is that this line is better than the way our o-line looks right now.

Who you be more confident watching Trent Edwards blind side Oher a top flight college left tackle or Walker a guy who failed at left tackle while he was in Oakland.

Oher

Wood

Hardgardner

Butler

Walker

All I am saying is that this line is better than the way our o-line looks right now.

if we did draft oher at #21 there is no way to know if wood would have been there with our second round pick

Inspired by the was Oher the better pick thread I was wondering if you had the same post draft frustration that I did. Now assuming the Bills could have gotten the 21st pick for Peters (which was rumored to be turned down by Buffalo for some reason) Than the Bills could have drafted Maybin and Oher while still having the 42nd pick and their third and two fourths.

They could still have had Wood by using the 42nd and the third to trade up to take him and seal up the o-line. Than with the fourth round pick still take Nelson and pick up the tight end they wanted. Than after all that they would have still had the fourth round pick.

I know that its unfair to criticize when you know the outcome but I was angry when people were reporting that the Bills turned down the 21st pick for the 28th pick. Also lets say that only the 28th was available did you feel that the Bills should have tried to try trade up for Oher while he was falling. If it would have cost them their 3rd and a lower round pick than why not. I was thinking that at the time of the draft.

I liked Oher but not at pick 11, if you could have had him at pick 21 or 22 than that would have been a perfect draft addressing our two biggest needs. While still being able to get other needs addressed as well. Don't get me wrong I liked our draft but I thought it could have been better.

Im not sure where you are getting your information that the Bills declined the 21st pick or what makes you believe that Woods is still available at 42? Even though only 1 O=lineman taken between picks 28 and 42 and that was an OT, there is

no guarantee he would be there. You also lose out on Byrd as he would not have lasted til 3rd round.

I would rather have Wood than Oher personally. If we could have gotten both of them and Maybin then maybe the 21st would have been better, but what if the Pats* took Wood? Everyone here would be pissed at how crappy our o-line was in the middle. We had two good tackles last year and it got us nowhere. Maybe having some good interior linemen will help us out this year.

Of course the wild card in all of this is Byrd. If he becomes a starter in his second year, then there is no way I would change this draft.

Geezus, on paper we have just had one of the best drafts we have ever had by acquiring 5 players at 5 different positions all ranked around 1 or 2 for their position, and yet people are still wanting to have had it go different?

1. Maybin - TOP ranked pass rusher in draft

2. Wood - Top 1 or 2 ranked center in draft (and the one I wanted of the top 3 C's)

3. Levitre - Top rated G in draft

4. Byrd - considered by many to be the 2nd best safety prospect in draft

5. Nelson - arguably the 2nd best TE in the draft

Then there were Nic and Cary who are steals where we got them, and Nic looks like a pretty promising LB prospect.

Its unheard of to fill FIVE positions with TOP rated talent at those positions in one draft. ONLY time will tell how each of them do, but as of May 28th, 2009 that is one hell of a draft to grab what looks like 5 top rated prospects at 5 different positions ALL of which are need positions on this team...

Cant some people just be happy, we have had a very good offseason to this point. No one truly knows what the draft really brought us, but based on the information at hand for all teams on these players, I cant see how it could have gone any better.

Oher has more upside, but Wood is the kind of player that on draft day you know will be a solid NFL contributor for the next 10 seasons. He may never reach All-Pro levels, but he will at the very least be a solid starter at a key position that you can now ignore for the next decade.

Oher

Wood

Hardgardner

Butler

Walker

Randy Moss also failed in Oakland. Lots of guys are good in college. it means nothing.

Im not sure where you are getting your information that the Bills declined the 21st pick or what makes you believe that Woods is still available at 42? Even though only 1 O=lineman taken between picks 28 and 42 and that was an OT, there is

no guarantee he would be there. You also lose out on Byrd as he would not have lasted til 3rd round.

Ding ding ding ding....we have a winner. Byrd would definetly not have been there. And i will go out on a limb and say i think he will make the biggest impact the quickest. Starter by the end of preseason. I have a friend who is a scout for a team. He told me that Byrd will be a player. He scouted him and the team he works for took a safety later on in the same round.

If you listened to a lot of scouts, this years O tackle class was overrated. A lot of teams reached on tackles this year. Oher has a lot of questions. His own coaches said he was a 50/50 bust to good player.

Oher

Wood

Hardgardner

Butler

Walker

WE FILLED 5 NEED POSITONS WITH 5 TOP PROSPECTS, BUT YOU WANT TO TRADE THAT FOR ONE GUY WHO WASNT EVEN THE HIGHEST RATED TACKLE?

Personally, I think our line looks VERY promising and I firmly believe it will be better than last year...

WE FILLED 5 NEED POSITONS WITH 5 TOP PROSPECTS, BUT YOU WANT TO TRADE THAT FOR ONE GUY WHO WASNT EVEN THE HIGHEST RATED TACKLE?

Personally, I think our line looks VERY promising and I firmly believe it will be better than last year...

I don't know how you can say that the Bills filled a position until they actually have some success on the field during live games.

You can pencil their names in and then... what if they suck when the footballs start flying for real, what then?