If Norwood makes the wide right kick, do the Bills win another SB??

If Norwood makes the kick in SB XXV....

Super Bowl XXVI: Redskins were the better team and would have won anyway

Super Bowl XXVII/XXVIII: Bills may not have had the motivation to sign Steve Christie as a Free Agent. Were there any

games close enough for the kicker to make a difference in playoff seeding? Playoff games?

Dunno

GOD I HATE YOU.

You know, its every few years that goes by, where some !@#$ asks this same question. Please, skooby, go !@#$ing kick youself in the nuts some where else, !@#$ing retard.

For !@#$s sake, !@#$ off dude, really.

GOD I HATE YOU.

You know, its every few years that goes by, where some !@#$ asks this same question. Please, skooby, go !@#$ing kick youself in the nuts some where else, !@#$ing retard.

I couldn't put my feelings into words when I saw this thread. You have summed it up pretty well.

If Norwood made that kick, could we have beaten Dallas or Washington in any one of the Superbowls ??

I say we win that game, we don't go to 4-straight Super Bowls. I think the losses, hard as they were to take, spurred the team on to keep trying. They maybe would have been back for a second Super Bowl, but I don't think 3 or 4 like they did. I would have traded one victory for 3 additional appearances, however.

I think that if Norwood made that kick, many of the Bills would have let the success go to their heads. They may have gone so far as to buy really expensive cars and become insufferable twits.

The other teams in the league would have gladly pounded the crap out of them simply because it was legal.

Assuming for a moment that the Bills did indeed make it back to the other 3 Super Bowls, I honestly do believe that they would have won at least one of them. Let's throw out SB XXVII because of the manner in which they lost that game and the fact that team was easily the most undeserving of the 4. As for SB XXVI, it is really hard to say.

I do believe that the Redskins were the better team, but the Bills certainly had their opportunities and squandered them. The offense came out so jacked up that they didn't settle down until the second half -- when they were already behind by 3 scores. If they come in as defending champs rather than desperate underdogs, maybe the tempo is different?

I will, however, believe until my dying day that if they had won that first one, they would have won the last one, where they were up by a TD at half time and moving the ball with conviction in the first series of the second half. If they score there, they are up by 2 scores -- and the Cowboys likely have to rely on the concussed Aikman to air it out. When Thurman fumbled that ball, you could just sense the air come out and the "Here we go again" mentality settle in.

GOD I HATE YOU.

Skoob, I try hard not to be a dick, but fail miserably on a daily basis. I must, however, agree with Mr. Erynthered. Please just f-off with questions regarding Wide F-ing Right. If you'd like to raise questions about Wide F-ing Right, go to a Pats* board. Or try farting in a spacesuit. The effect will be about the same. After you've recovered from the anoxic blackout, log back into the Board, and look for a moment at the number of posts you've started within the last 5 minutes. Reach shakily for the Ritalin. Back away from the keyboard.

I'll give you some credit. I throw a post out here from time to time, and expect to get flamed. And usually do.

You do this #%@! every goddamn day. And you keep doing it. Like five goddamn posts a day. There are birds and trees and sky outside. Experience them.

Skoob, I try hard not to be a dick, but fail miserably on a daily basis. I must, however, agree with Mr. Erynthered. Please just f-off with questions regarding Wide F-ing Right. If you'd like to raise questions about Wide F-ing Right, go to a Pats* board. Or try farting in a spacesuit. The effect will be about the same. After you've recovered from the anoxic blackout, log back into the Board, and look for a moment at the number of posts you've started within the last 5 minutes. Reach shakily for the Ritalin. Back away from the keyboard.

I'll give you some credit. I throw a post out here from time to time, and expect to get flamed. And usually do.

You do this #%@! every goddamn day. And you keep doing it. Like five goddamn posts a day. There are birds and trees and sky outside. Experience them.

He does, through the window of his BMW :D

As Bill Parcells (hate to quote the former Giants coach from our first SB) used to say your record is what it is.

By the same token the kick was what it was and the SB was what it was. In fact the 4 SB's were what they were (even though the refs killed us in the Skins game).

Or as Marv Levy used to say there is nothing that can be done to change a loss but there is something that can be done about the game to come.

Unfortunately, in my case I no longer can see the Bills ever winning a SB. They either move first, or our country falls apart, or something. Still, I think it is foolish to think about what might have been. I know an old dude from Cleveland who still regales me with the 1954 world series the Indians lost and tells me how the pitching rotation should have been done and that would have changed the results.

In short, Buffalo should've won one Super Bowl, had the talent and ability to win two, they were outplayed in three, and lost all four.

The Bills were the better team against the Giants and should've won.

The Bills had more talent than the Redskins but were outplayed as a team.

As much as I dislike the Cowboys of the 90's, those two Super Bowl teams were two of the best Super Bowl winning teams in the last 25 years. Buffalo was great, but it wasn't in the class of those Cowboys teams.

No, Buffalo wouldn't have won all four even if they won the first one against the Giants. Yes, I love the Bills. No, I'm not unrealistic to say Buffalo or any team could win four Super Bowls in a row, especially with today's free agency and the uncertainty of injuries.

In short, Buffalo should've won one Super Bowl, had the talent and ability to win two, they were outplayed in three, and lost all four.

The Bills were the better team against the Giants and should've won.

The Bills had more talent than the Redskins but were outplayed as a team.

As much as I dislike the Cowboys of the 90's, those two Super Bowl teams were two of the best Super Bowl winning teams in the last 25 years. Buffalo was great, but it wasn't in the class of those Cowboys teams.

No, Buffalo wouldn't have won all four even if they won the first one against the Giants. Yes, I love the Bills. No, I'm not unrealistic to say Buffalo or any team could win four Super Bowls in a row, especially with today's free agency and the uncertainty of injuries.

+ 1.