Looks Like They've Got a Handle on Everything

I don't know, what is normal anyway? Maybe high unemployment and low GDP is normal to Obama.

Just face it. He is trying to fix a problem that was created before he came into office. And I don't see anyone on the right with any valid idea.

"He inherited this mess, its not his fault."

< Typical Libitards response for the next three years >

And right on cue....

Just face it. He is trying to fix a problem that was created before he came into office.

Dang. I keep forgetting that a Senator has no impact on proposed legislation.

Just face it. He is trying to fix a problem that was created before he came into office. And I don't see anyone on the right with any valid idea.

Fascinating. The White House is saying things are improving while the Fed is saying things aren't, and you think the mixed message is Bush's fault. :thumbsup:

But they did have valid ideas, it was the don't spend trillions of taxpayers dollars that we don't have and that our grandchildren will have to pay off, don't over tax the rich, don't create insane cap and trade restrictions because of the fictional idea that we're warming the globe, don't just keep giving free stuff to people who haven't earned it when we're deep in a hole already, don't waste $400,000 on super-duper presidential plane photo shoots when there's this little software thing called photoshop.

Maybe you were just too busy gazing at the "The One" to notice the sane options being presented.

Now in four years time, GM's going to have all these little "green" Obama cars that the majority of America doesn't want and are too scared to buy because they don't want to risk their family dying in a clown car.

I really don't think the problem we are facing is anywhere as bad as the problem they are creating. They are scaring off investors, overtaking contracts without requisite law, and destroying investor confidence. Soon we are to have a dollar crisis and that will be worse than all of the above. No one is ready for that and all of the prep we were doing was for unemployment, not destroying our position as the reserve currency.

9.2-9.6% unemployment??

Haaaa

Try 10%

Not to defend the current administration, but when they talk of normalcy, they are talking about LIBOR rates and TED spreads and all that liquidity jazz.

There is no doubt that is a positive sign from where we just were, and the risk of systemic failure is decreasing rapidly, but the problem is that the "real" economy is going to suck for a long time. We went through panic to now just suckiness, and suckiness is going to last a long time.

The other problem is the unintended consequences of printing all this money to bring things back to "normal".

Listen to what Bill Gross said yesterday:

Bill Gross, manager of the world's biggest bond fund, warned on Thursday the United States will eventually lose its top AAA credit rating

The United States will face a downgrade in "at least three to four years, if that, but the market will recognize the problems before the rating services -- just like it did today," Gross told Reuters.

When this occurs, my guess is that everyone will bail out of the dollar and U.S treasuries, and then rates will go through the roof, which in my view would severely stunt growth. The only buyer of U.S treasuries to keep rates down would be the Federal Reserve. That would be a very costly proposition, and would only further downgrade our own government Bonds.

These are the unintended consequences, and the cost of "normalcy".