This article is just rediculous

I was just going to post about this too. I think this article proves that some media looks to provoke Owens.

This guy is some scrub from the Tonowanda News, he is probably creamin his pants knowing that people are talking about an "Article" he wrote. Just writing about TO to get his name out there.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You hadn’t even stepped on the practice field and you were treated like you’re a five-time Super Bowl winner when in fact you’ve never even played in the big game."

This is why citysiders should have someone from sports proof their copy when they try to step into our sandbox.

And that's all I have to say about that.

"Excommunicated from the League"??? Show me the place where ESPN was trying to make one of it's favorite guaranteed viewing subjects and pure ratings gold get tossed from the League. Simply the dumbest thing I have seen uttered on this site so far by TOs brand new fans.

It's no more "retarded" than your criteria for what TO needs to keep quiet. Or that him blowing up means anything when it comes to this team.

I was just going to post about this too. I think this article proves that some media looks to provoke Owens.

I'm sure T.O is all broken up what John Hopkins from the Tonawanda News had to say about him

Legitimately one of the worst articles I've ever read. "John Hopkins is the night city editor of the Tonawanda News." Is that like being the night janitor? Does he have to mop the floors when he's done 'writing'??

Legitimately one of the worst articles I've ever read. "John Hopkins is the night city editor of the Tonawanda News." Is that like being the night janitor? Does he have to mop the floors when he's done 'writing'??

No. At most newspapers, that title would mean he's the one responsible for actually getting the pages finished and sent to the press, second in command to the managing editor. Presuming the TN is an a.m. paper, that means a deadline anywhere from 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.

Oops. Bad presumption. It's a p.m. He would still be in charge of the night shift, though.

No. At most newspapers, that title would mean he's the one responsible for actually getting the pages finished and sent to the press, second in command to the managing editor. Presuming the TN is an a.m. paper, that means a deadline anywhere from 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.

Oops. Bad presumption. It's a p.m.

So i guess the TN's fact checking department shuts down at 9pm?

"You hadn’t even stepped on the practice field and you were treated like you’re a five-time Super Bowl winner when in fact you’ve never even played in the big game."

This is why citysiders should have someone from sports proof their copy when they try to step into our sandbox.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I didn't bother reading the column, but yikes!

Oops. Bad presumption. It's a p.m.

I would contribute to the "John Hopkins Mop and Bucket Fund" so that he will have a career after he get fired by this small town paper. He does not speak for the people in Buffalo. His opinion is childish and uniformed. Article like that should be removed from the front page of TBD. Does TBD read who they put up on the wall? Who is responsible for this?

'

Actually he wasn't. The whole article is not only off the mark, its a disgrace to journalism. Observe:

Incorrect, and clearly a biased statement.

WTF is he talking about here? It is the very same Sportscenter faithful that lobbied so hard to have TO excommunicated from the league. Jesus Christ are we going to criticize a news network for showing TOs many unbelievable highlights, or shouldn't we rather criticize them for their smear campaign that they orchestrated in an effort to mitigate their embarrassment and incompetence in pretending Tony Romo was some super all world QB of the future...making TO into a perfect scapegoat.

Ironic, don't you think, that one of the biggest jerks I've ever seen would make such a statement. Also, I'm not sure what he thinks the outside perception of the area is, but I personally moved away so that I wouldn't have to deal with the overabundance of jerk-type people.

When I grew up in Western NY, what I saw was an awful lot of lazy, uneducated drug addicts taking advantage of the welfare system. Granted there are always hard workers in any region, but to pretend that "blue collar" Buffalo is somehow harder working or grittier than other areas in the country is a pipe dream. Run down, drug infested gang war zones do not qualify as blue collar in my book. Also, I specifically remember Budweiser still being by far the most popular brand of beer when I lived there.

As I was reading the article I was sitting there thinking "WTF planet is this guy from?" and then I realized this article was posted in the Tonawanda News and it all made sense. You can just look at his picture and tell he is from upstate NY. lol.

Dude, you make Buffalo sound like Amsterdam! And you live in Georgia? A buddy of mine moved down there (to Atlanta) halfway through college and in the last 6 years he's been arrested over 10 times and is still trying to kick the meth habit.

I think the people here are generally nice and real. People call this a blue collar town more due to all of the blue collar jobs that this area is traditionally known for (obviously on the decline now).

OK. Upon reading the article, it is in fact "rediculous." The irony of the article is that although it is from the Tonawanda Free Press or the Depew Daily or whatever it's called, it doesn't help our image as "small-time." Cities where people "sip mojitos" would never be subjected to reading something like that. Not to mention, look at the guy! Thankfully, I think it safe to assume that TO did not read the letter that was adressed to him.

I didn't bother reading the column, but yikes!

Unless those memories of him burning up the Pats secondary in SB XXXIX were merely a figment of my imagination?

So yeah, I thought it was worth a :thumbsup: from here in the toy department, on behalf of everyone who gets tired of hearing "it's only sports."

It's no more "retarded" than your criteria for what TO needs to keep quiet. Or that him blowing up means anything when it comes to this team.

They are not my criteria, pally, they are TO's.

Why don't you tell me how this is NOT how it went in Philly and Dallas?

Don't even get started on retarded, Mr. Marijuana DNA Tester.

I would contribute to the "John Hopkins Mop and Bucket Fund" so that he will have a career after he get fired by this small town paper. He does not speak for the people in Buffalo. His opinion is childish and uniformed. Article like that should be removed from the front page of TBD. Does TBD read who they put up on the wall? Who is responsible for this?

Not our job to decide which stories you should or shouldn't read. That way leads down the slippery slope of censorship.

Not our job to decide which stories you should or shouldn't read. That way leads down the slippery slope of censorship.

:thumbsup:

Tenny's sig line:

"Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard." - Associate Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson."