This article is just rediculous

The article had a very clear tone of the old man standing on his front porch yelling at kids playing on lawn.

wahh... wahhh. You young kids with all your hoopla and enthusiasm need to settle down out there. We don't do exciting things here. We just sit back and drink beer quietly in our back yard. Wahh.. wahhh.. no leave me alone and let me wallow in my misery in peace. I have to be at work at 9 in the morning.

Sad in a way.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

Tenny's sig line:

"Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard." - Associate Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson."

Judge Jackson could have used an editor.

Depends. I think this one calls for further review:

HOPKINS: T.O. in the B-lo? O, no!

KEPPELER: A meat market is a meat market

Perhaps their page designer should do more of the writing, too. :thumbsup:

I would have to say Lor, I agree with you... give the designer a weekly column. While she's not changing the journalism world one column inch at a time, she really puts the whole side-show in perspective.

Regardless of what the Tonawanda News gets for this weeks rating (I'll post tomorrow in OT area *shameless plug) she gets a "good" this week.

They are not my criteria, pally, they are TO's.

Why don't you tell me how this is NOT how it went in Philly and Dallas?

Don't even get started on retarded, Mr. Marijuana DNA Tester.

They are TO's critera, pally? LOL! Have a link where he states this?

Oh wait, nevermind. I can tell you that TO led the Eagles in receptions, yards, and TD's in 2004, as well as in 2005 before getting suspended by them. He also led the Cowboys in yards and TD's for his 3 years, and had fewer receptions than Witten in 2007, a full year before he surprisingly got released, allegedly for "destroying the team" because he had fewer receptions, but not TD's, than Witten. Funny that Jerry Jones gave TO a 4-year contract extension after that 2007 season, with $13M in guaranteed money, despite your claim that he needs to get the most receptions, namely TD receptions, to remain happy.

I asked before, but never got an answer, so I'll ask again, pally. Just exactly WHAT do you think TO can do to the Bills to make things any worse? The answer, which you can't bring yourself to admit, is "nothing." Which leads me to conclude that you're more content bitching about the team than anything else.

And hey, if he does "destroy the team," he did the same to the "big boys" in Philly and Dallas. That puts them in good company, right?

And don't even start about the marijuana. Suggesting they test the alleged "blunts" for Lynch's DNA was my way of telling people like you, who believe everything cops tell you, that merely (and allegedly) finding pot in the car doesn't necessarily mean that Lynch was smoking it (gee, can you get suspended for being around pot smokers?), and his lack of failed drug tests proves this. But seeing as how the cops didn't collect the "evidence" or charge him with it, it was obviously a bull sh-- claim. But hey, cops never lie. Just like they would never mercilessly beat an unconscious man who just flew out of the window of his overturned vehicle. :thumbsup:

Call Owens a great player- he's earned that, but he had that game in the Superbowl because New England ALLOWED it. The gave him a cushion, let him run and then tackled him- and the Eagles went to him too much, just as the Patriots planned- getting away from the very things that got them to the Superbowl in the first place- which was the coach's fault, not Owen's fault.

Owens will make us better to a point, but we are still locked in 4th in the East and may be bound for a top five draft pick. We haven't been relevant in the NFL in about a decade, the last two superbowl winners have had offensive coordinators run out of town by our "knowledgeable" football fans. Jauron will be the next head coach that is victimized by this sinking ship that is the Buffalo Bills- Wade Phillips never should have been fired and Mike Mularkey thought the town was such a scrap heap he left on his own.

The Bills' strength is wide receivers- they have an unproven QB, a RB that can't stay out of his own way, can't run, can't stop the run and can't rush the passer. I honestly think a 1-15 or 2-14 season is on the way.

'

Actually he wasn't. The whole article is not only off the mark, its a disgrace to journalism. Observe:

Incorrect, and clearly a biased statement.

WTF is he talking about here? It is the very same Sportscenter faithful that lobbied so hard to have TO excommunicated from the league. Jesus Christ are we going to criticize a news network for showing TOs many unbelievable highlights, or shouldn't we rather criticize them for their smear campaign that they orchestrated in an effort to mitigate their embarrassment and incompetence in pretending Tony Romo was some super all world QB of the future...making TO into a perfect scapegoat.

Ironic, don't you think, that one of the biggest jerks I've ever seen would make such a statement. Also, I'm not sure what he thinks the outside perception of the area is, but I personally moved away so that I wouldn't have to deal with the overabundance of jerk-type people.

When I grew up in Western NY, what I saw was an awful lot of lazy, uneducated drug addicts taking advantage of the welfare system. Granted there are always hard workers in any region, but to pretend that "blue collar" Buffalo is somehow harder working or grittier than other areas in the country is a pipe dream. Run down, drug infested gang war zones do not qualify as blue collar in my book. Also, I specifically remember Budweiser still being by far the most popular brand of beer when I lived there.

As I was reading the article I was sitting there thinking "WTF planet is this guy from?" and then I realized this article was posted in the Tonawanda News and it all made sense. You can just look at his picture and tell he is from upstate NY. lol.

Hahahahahahahhaha dude....where do u live now? Because you def do not live in NYC, Chicago, new Orleans, or Miami..... I'm a fourth year med student and I can tell you from hospitals that I've worked at in Miami, Chicago and NYC where I am now, that you have not seen useless drains on society till you go to these cities...can I get an invite to the magical city you live in?!

Wow Adam, thats a pretty "rediculous post" in it's own right. 2-14 or 1-15 really? How is this years team 5 or 6 losses worse than the last 3 years? And your coach evaluations are perplexing at best. What did Wade do as a head coach that you were so happy with? Wade is a great guy, great D coordinator, and an average at best coach. And if Mularkey is so special, why hasn't he caught on as a HC somewhere else? And don't even get me started on your odd explaination of TO's Super Bowl performance.

Maybe you could get a job writing for the Tonawanda News!

Wow Adam, thats a pretty "rediculous post" in it's own right. 2-14 or 1-15 really? How is this years team 5 or 6 losses worse than the last 3 years? And your coach evaluations are perplexing at best. What did Wade do as a head coach that you were so happy with? Wade is a great guy, great D coordinator, and an average at best coach. And if Mularkey is so special, why hasn't he caught on as a HC somewhere else? And don't even get me started on your odd explaination of TO's Super Bowl performance.

Maybe you could get a job writing for the Tonawanda News!

Our schedule is tougher and our offensive and defensive lines are terrible. The only knocks on Wade were he couldn't pick a bad QB to stick with and he wouldn't allow Wilson to dictate which assistants to fire and which to keep.

As I said, what happened in the Superbowl wasn't Owen's fault- the Philly coaching staff blew it.

They are TO's critera, pally? LOL! Have a link where he states this?

Oh wait, nevermind. I can tell you that TO led the Eagles in receptions, yards, and TD's in 2004, as well as in 2005 before getting suspended by them. He also led the Cowboys in yards and TD's for his 3 years, and had fewer receptions than Witten in 2007, a full year before he surprisingly got released, allegedly for "destroying the team" because he had fewer receptions, but not TD's, than Witten. Funny that Jerry Jones gave TO a 4-year contract extension after that 2007 season, with $13M in guaranteed money, despite your claim that he needs to get the most receptions, namely TD receptions, to remain happy.

I asked before, but never got an answer, so I'll ask again, pally. Just exactly WHAT do you think TO can do to the Bills to make things any worse? The answer, which you can't bring yourself to admit, is "nothing." Which leads me to conclude that you're more content bitching about the team than anything else.

And hey, if he does "destroy the team," he did the same to the "big boys" in Philly and Dallas. That puts them in good company, right?

And don't even start about the marijuana. Suggesting they test the alleged "blunts" for Lynch's DNA was my way of telling people like you, who believe everything cops tell you, that merely (and allegedly) finding pot in the car doesn't necessarily mean that Lynch was smoking it (gee, can you get suspended for being around pot smokers?), and his lack of failed drug tests proves this. But seeing as how the cops didn't collect the "evidence" or charge him with it, it was obviously a bull sh-- claim. But hey, cops never lie. Just like they would never mercilessly beat an unconscious man who just flew out of the window of his overturned vehicle. :thumbsup:

TO has clearly shown that after the first year of peace (and as the focus of the passing game), his demands increase. He starts calling out his QB, his coach. Blaming everyone else for any pass not thrown his way (or any of his many drops).

You pretend as if you don't know this--that's why you have no credibility in this discussion. This is what the guy does.

More proof is that you even ask the question "how could it get worse for Buffalo"? Really? Can't figure this one out? How 'bout all of the above? You know, he starts in on TE, and "the Turk", and DJ after he doen't get what he thinks he deserves, or if the offfense starts to struggle. We've not had that type of open division on this team--on the field, on the sidelines, in the lockeroom, in the press. You really don't think this is possible if the offense struggles this year? Not even to argue the point would you make this nutty claim.

That would be "worse", to spell it out for you.

The DNA part I just threw in to see if I could get you to mention DNA testing of marijuana again, because it is such a ridiculous concept. Wouldn't it be cheaper to dust it for prints? hahahaha

Also, you came through with your often repeated claim that the cops "made up" the weed report, even though no one in the car or their lawyers ever raised a peep to deny or challenge this--even if it would have nullified the search and therefor the arrest. Still stuck there, I see.

No, I don't believe everything the cops tell me, but when the alleged perp does not challenge the report, why should I?

Pure gold!

Ironic, don't you think, that one of the biggest jerks I've ever seen would make such a statement. Also, I'm not sure what he thinks the outside perception of the area is, but I personally moved away so that I wouldn't have to deal with the overabundance of jerk-type people.

You didn't happen to move to the City of Good Neighbors, did you?

Oh, wait...

More proof is that you even ask the question "how could it get worse for Buffalo"? Really? Can't figure this one out? How 'bout all of the above? You know, he starts in on TE, and "the Turk", and DJ after he doen't get what he thinks he deserves, or if the offfense starts to struggle. We've not had that type of open division on this team--on the field, on the sidelines, in the lockeroom, in the press. You really don't think this is possible if the offense struggles this year? Not even to argue the point would you make this nutty claim.

Pure gold!

Do you think Trent will be the QB long enough for Owens to get on his case? Buffalo history says no

TO has clearly shown that after the first year of peace (and as the focus of the passing game), his demands increase. He starts calling out his QB, his coach. Blaming everyone else for any pass not thrown his way (or any of his many drops).

You pretend as if you don't know this--that's why you have no credibility in this discussion. This is what the guy does.

That would be "worse", to spell it out for you.

The DNA part I just threw in to see if I could get you to mention DNA testing of marijuana again, because it is such a ridiculous concept. Wouldn't it be cheaper to dust it for prints? hahahaha

Also, you came through with your often repeated claim that the cops "made up" the weed report, even though no one in the car or their lawyers ever raised a peep to deny or challenge this--even if it would have nullified the search and therefor the arrest. Still stuck there, I see.

No, I don't believe everything the cops tell me, but when the alleged perp does not challenge the report, why should I?

Pure gold!

Come back to me when you've figured-out exactly what it is that sets TO off, pally. It's obviously not what you originally claimed it was, which was "specifically, TD passes." Maybe the answer lies within quantum mechanics? Good luck with that!

I'd also like to know what crystal ball you're using, seeing as how you know for a fact that he won't be leading the team in TD receptions this year. You DO realize that Lee Evans led the Bills in TD receptions last year with 3, right? And that TO has averaged over 10 TD's a season, hasn't caught fewer than 4 TD's in a season, and could probably catch 3 TD's in his sleep, right?

If the offense struggles (again), Trent, Turk, and Jauron are rightfully gone after the season and the Bills start over with a new QB, OC, and HC. TO may still be around, but with a 1-year deal, he'd be easy to get rid of if what he said/blew up over proved to not be true. So again, there is no worst-case scenario for the Bills, only TO, because Buffalo is literally his last stop if he acts up again. You know this, but you refuse to admit it since you have no other argument when it comes to TO.

Regarding that, in your short time here as a Bills fan, you've griped about the lack of talent, thugs, and lack of personality of Jauron, among a great many other things. Well here is a great player who stays out of legal trouble and who has personality. So being the true Bills fan that you are, you are left to parrot what others have said about how he's destroyed every team he's been on. The problem with that is that it's not even true. You see, if he was so divisive, getting rid of him would have made that team better. It didn't work for the 49'ers, it didn't work for the Eagles, and I think everyone knows that the Cowboys are in for a world of hurt this year.

What was Lynch going to challenge? No charges were pressed against him for the alleged pot the cops saw and smelled (maybe that was the excuse they used before beating the unconscious criminal?). He got caught with an illegal weapon and rightfully got a misdemeanor for it. However to our knowledge, he hasn't failed a drug test and has never been caught with pot before, yet that screams "he's a pothead?" Whatever! And challenging the search on the basis that there was no pot is a losing effort and still wouldn't change the fact (in the Commish's eyes anyway) that he was found with an illegal gun.