can't we just IR Hardy for 2009?

zazie

whatever. Lets check in November, I think you will see, Hardy has not been around yet.

Actually, I don't think it will take nearly that long to prove you wrong.

Around what? He's been catching balls at the OTAs this week.

He's been there but not catching passes.

Link

Not participating Wednesday were C.J. Hawthorne, P.K. Sam, James Hardy, Cary Harris, Jonathan Scott and John DiGiorgio. DiGiorgio and Hardy are not expected to participate until training camp.

Back at practice Wednesday after missing Tuesday’s voluntary workout were Roscoe Parrish and Donte Whitner.

He's been there but not catching passes.

Link

Not participating Wednesday were C.J. Hawthorne, P.K. Sam, James Hardy, Cary Harris, Jonathan Scott and John DiGiorgio. DiGiorgio and Hardy are not expected to participate until training camp.

Back at practice Wednesday after missing Tuesday’s voluntary workout were Roscoe Parrish and Donte Whitner.

He's not in the live action, but he's on the sidelines using the jugs machine and playing with his newest pal:

link

"Wearing his familiar No. 81, Owens was at practice on time and stretched with his teammates. He played catch on the sideline with fellow receiver James Hardy while the special teams units worked out."

Since our very own John Wawrow wrote that report, perhaps he can clarify how much range of movement Hardy has regained since surgery...

Again, name me one instance in which an athlete performed again within one year of an ACL tear. Outside Tiger (and that is golf, does not count) it never happens. All googling the subject aside, proof is in the pudding; it takes a year to get back.

Maybe for typical person who just needs to walk or climb some stairs, 6-9 months. Athlete in NFL, 1-2 years.

It is not clear to me, why that long standing fact, is not clear to you.

why I bother explaining this stuff to you is a mystery, but chew on this...

In 1997, Jerry Rice played 3 1/2 months after his ACL/PCL tear. Unfortunately he fractured his kneecap in his first game back, but the fact is that you have no facts.

...Rice, 35, says he will do next Monday night when the 49ers host the Denver Broncos: line up at receiver a mere 3½ months after major reconstructive knee surgery.

this article is written by an orthopedist Jonathan Cluett, MD, who is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Massachusetts. His subspecialty interests are in the areas of sports medicine and arthroscopy.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/aclinjury/p/rehab.htm

In the article is shows typical rehad before heading back to normal athletic activity of about 7 months. Does that mean a knee will be at 100% of its former ability? No, but that is when it is typically advisable to return to its normal athletic use.

since he underwent surgery Jan 13th, 7 months would be the middle of August for a return to action or typical worst case scenario for a routine surgery of 9 months putting him back in mid-October

I'm going to go out on a limb here Zaz and say that you are not an orthopedic surgeon

He's not in the live action, but he's on the sidelines using the jugs machine and playing with his newest pal:

link

"Wearing his familiar No. 81, Owens was at practice on time and stretched with his teammates. He played catch on the sideline with fellow receiver James Hardy while the special teams units worked out."

Since our very own John Wawrow wrote that report, perhaps he can clarify how much range of movement Hardy has regained since surgery...

Where you get the idea he was using the Jugs machine from "playing catch" is something I don't get. I interpret that as them throwing the ball to each other on the sideline with limited movements for Hardy. It could mean they were standing in one place tossing the ball back and forth to them lobbing the ball to each other and running to catch it. Either way it's not the Jugs machine. JMO

Maybe JW will drop by and clarify that for us.

this article is written by an orthopedist Jonathan Cluett, MD, who is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Massachusetts. His subspecialty interests are in the areas of sports medicine and arthroscopy.

In the article is shows typical rehad before heading back to normal athletic activity of about 7 months. Does that mean a knee will be at 100% of its former ability? No, but that is when it is typically advisable to return to its normal athletic use.

since he underwent surgery Jan 13th, 7 months would be the middle of August for a return to action or typical worst case scenario for a routine surgery of 9 months putting him back in mid-October

I'm going to go out on a limb here Zaz and say that you are not an orthopedic surgeon

:thumbsup:

Where you get the idea he was using the Jugs machine from "playing catch" is something I don't get. I interpret that as them throwing the ball to each other on the sideline with limited movements for Hardy. It could mean they were standing in one place tossing the ball back and forth to them lobbing the ball to each other and running to catch it. Either way it's not the Jugs machine. JMO

link :thumbsup:

"As hard as it is to watch his teammates practice without him James Hardy is doing his best to keep busy. Still rehabbing from January ACL surgery Hardy spent time on the sidelines catching passes from the jugs machine with C.J. Hawthorne who also is not participating."

When would be the soonest we could do this? He is not going to be near 100% until at least November anyway the sooner we can open the roster spot the better.

Didn't read any other replies, but wouldn't you want to wait until the last possible moment before you IR'd Hardy? That only makes sense, strategical wise and all.

Methinks yo thread is a might premature. :thumbsup:

Ok, getting a lot of negative vibes here. I still think it takes these guys a year, and anyway to have Hardy at less than 100% when 100% of him could only catch 9 passes last year, does not bode well.

Let's see though, maybe Hardy will catch 10 passes for 135 yards week one.

If you want me to evaluate your sports injury, discount rate.

Thanks for illustrating my point. It HAS been a year for Tom Brady, and, he is still not back on the field at Pats OTAs. And not at 100% from all reports.

IT TAKES A YEAR, MIN!!! Live with it; Hardy will not see the field meaningfully if at all, until November.

You're what's respectfully known as a hardhead, zazie....also, it's become obvious that you're on the wrong end of the argument beating a dead horse and looking more and more stupid on each of your posts. Do yourself a favor and give it up.

Well I would look to put him on the PUP ( Physically Unable to Preform ) list. If he can't go than put him on that list and save the roster spot without being lost for the whole season. Than use the time for rehab and knowing the play book. Also once he is able to run have him work on his route running.

Zazie,

It isn't that you are wrong about IR'ing Hardy that gets me because I see that you didn't realize that he couldnt practice with the team and understand that.....

It is that you carry on with the arguement after you know that you are mistaken.....why do so many people do that around here?

Just say....oops....didn't realize that he wouldn't be able to practice with the team....well we aren't going to count on him anyway so we might as well continue with his rehab and see where he is at later on.....thanks for letting me know

IS THAT SO HARD

Just say....oops....didn't realize that he wouldn't be able to practice with the team....well we aren't going to count on him anyway so we might as well continue with his rehab and see where he is at later on.....thanks for letting me know

IS THAT SO HARD

"But, but, but............I KNOW they'll IR him! I just KNOW IT! You guys are all mean. I'm sorry I don't know the simple fact between PUP and IR.....its just so gosh darn TECHNICAL!"