can't we just IR Hardy for 2009?

zazie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When would be the soonest we could do this? He is not going to be near 100% until at least November anyway the sooner we can open the roster spot the better.

You do realize that when you put a player on IR he can't practice with the team, right?? His second season becomes a complete wash. Worst idea yet.

You do realize that when you put a player on IR he can't practice with the team, right?? His second season becomes a complete wash. Worst idea yet.

Not really up on the technicalities of it. OK, PUP list then, I stand corrected

ACL injuries ALWAYS TAKE A YEAR, no matter how ahead of schedule they tell you someone is. McGahee is a great example of this, but not the only one. I challange anyone to tell me one player that has returned to effective strength in any sport, following a major ACL tear, in less than one year.

Google acl tear recovery time and you will get page after page of articles that say it's 6-9 months. McGahee had a freak injury that involved tearing his ACL, PCL, and MCL. Not even close...

Not really up on the technicalities of it. OK, PUP list then, I stand corrected

Maybe you should get "up on the technicalities" before proposing an idea then. He might very well be put on the PUP list, but how does that help your case? Have an extra roster spot for the first six weeks? This whole conversation is stupid...

Maybe you should get "up on the technicalities" before proposing an idea then. He might very well be put on the PUP list, but how does that help your case? Have an extra roster spot for the first six weeks? This whole conversation is stupid...

We can then keep Roscoe on the roster for at least 6 weeks; likely another injury will pop up. We can actually keep our good players that way.

Sorry I did not study the rule book for hours on end. eff you

Google acl tear recovery time and you will get page after page of articles that say it's 6-9 months. McGahee had a freak injury that involved tearing his ACL, PCL, and MCL. Not even close...

Again, name me one instance in which an athlete performed again within one year of an ACL tear. Outside Tiger (and that is golf, does not count) it never happens. All googling the subject aside, proof is in the pudding; it takes a year to get back.

Maybe for typical person who just needs to walk or climb some stairs, 6-9 months. Athlete in NFL, 1-2 years.

It is not clear to me, why that long standing fact, is not clear to you.

Again, name me one instance in which an athlete performed again within one year of an ACL tear. Outside Tiger (and that is golf, does not count) it never happens. All googling the subject aside, proof is in the pudding; it takes a year to get back.

Maybe for typical person who just needs to walk or climb some stairs, 6-9 months. Athlete in NFL, 1-2 years.

And what do you say to the fact that they plan to have him play in the preseason?

And what do you say to the fact that they plan to have him play in the preseason?

That it is a flawed plan and you are a sucker to believe that James Hardy will be the guy, to buck the trend

http://www.boston.com/news/health/blog/200...ery_from_a.html

http://www.athleticadvisor.com/Injuries/LE...e/acl_tears.htm

Wow, this is such an intelligent reply, guess you just figure your word and opinion is gold and everyone else is wrong..... so for a lack of football knowledge, how long should you sit out from posting? a year? 7 years? Forever? hmmmm I know what I would pick for you

Wow, this is such an intelligent reply, guess you just figure your word and opinion is gold and everyone else is wrong..... so for a lack of football knowledge, how long should you sit out from posting? a year? 7 years? Forever? hmmmm I know what I would pick for you

Time for another of these, I suppose....

Thanks for illustrating my point. It HAS been a year for Tom Brady, and, he is still not back on the field at Pats OTAs. And not at 100% from all reports.

IT TAKES A YEAR, MIN!!! Live with it; Hardy will not see the field meaningfully if at all, until November.

Try reading a little closer:

Brady's injury conjures up images of the knee damage suffered by another NFL quarterback, Carson Palmer cq of the Cincinnati Bengals. That story had a happy ending.

Palmer tore his ACL and MCL on Jan. 8, 2006, during a playoff game. He underwent surgery two days later and was back in uniform to start the season opener exactly nine months later.

Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Donovan McNabb tore his ACL in November 2006 and was able to return to action in a preseason game in August 2007.

whatever. Lets check in November, I think you will see, Hardy has not been around yet.

"whatever": the great fall-back counterpoint by the beaten and ignorant. OK zaz we will check back in November as long as you agree to crawl back under your rock until then.

This is probably what the Bills will do with Hardy (sorry information purists): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physically_Unable_to_Perform

A possibility but I'm not sure I like it so much.

ACL injuries ALWAYS TAKE A YEAR, no matter how ahead of schedule they tell you someone is. McGahee is a great example of this, but not the only one. I challange anyone to tell me one player that has returned to effective strength in any sport, following a major ACL tear, in less than one year.

ACLs just take a year, sorry, simple fact.

I think Lori's articles refute that "simple fact".

I believe a player doesn't come back to where they were before the injury until two years but they can certainly play way before then. Playing at 90% of capability is much better than not playing at all. JMO

"whatever": the great fall-back counterpoint by the beaten and ignorant. OK zaz we will check back in November as long as you agree to crawl back under your rock until then.

November, if then. 2010, he can be back for real.