Programming note: Jim Kelly on Sirius NFL Radio

Lori

Really Jim? Then why did he give the guy a 3 year contract? If the Bills go 9-7 and don't make the playoffs, there is NO WAY Ralph is going to be paying two HC salaries for 2 years. He'll declare the year a great success and will welcome DJ back, as will at least 50% of this board.

He did it with Wade Phillips.

And he gave DJ a contract extension when the team was 4-0 or 5-1 and there was a ton of buzz about the entire organization. If the team does go 9-7 it would be successful considering the expectations on them this season by the rest of the country. Everyone thinks TO will destroy a team that was on the rise. IMO that is not true at all. This team needs some fire. Something DJ lacks. But if this team was on the doorstep of the playoffs and had a winning season that would be an upgrade over the past 9 years so yes, it would be a success. Would 50% be happy to welcome DJ back? I doubt that. Since most of us dont like him now. But most seem to agree that this is make or break for both DJ and Trent.

On that note. I wish all of you a happy Memorial Day weekend. Talk to you all on Tuesday.

I like when he said that Vic Carucci wrote his book.

I love Jim Kelly, but his "Armed and Dangerous" book is one of the most poorly written sports books I have ever read (along with Steve Taskers). If I were Jimbo, I would try to blame that on someone else too! :ph34r:

Tim Graham has a more complete version of the "money quote" on his blog: Kelly to Bills: 'Show up, or just pack your bags'

(Comparing it to what I typed as I listened to it live should tell you why I record all my interviews ... :unsure: )

Tim also mentions something I didn't know -- previous "Countdown to Canton" interviews, including Billy Shaw, Joe DeLamielleure, Marv Levy, and Thurman Thomas, are archived on http://www.sirius.com/nfl.

Jim has always been a great leader and I think that has everything to do with 4 straight Superbowls. He speaks his mind and he's dead on about the locker room. Somebody needs to light a fire under some of the players a$$es. As much as I like Trent I believe he needs to step up in this department also.

I like Jauron,and think he is a fine person and a good defensive coordinator. His drawback is that he didn't hire an experienced offensive coordinator and line coach to replace the experienced coaches who left, in Jim McNally and Steve Fairchild.

I can only think that he wanted to keep the same offense in place and possibly enhance it to some degree. After Last season it was stated that Ralph Wilson wanted changes on the offense and Jauron declined stating he wanted "continuity".

It is clear to me that Jauron is thinking of keeping the same offensive system in place might help the young QB's to some degree, so they don't have to learn a new system. In fact he is overlooking the fact that the offensive system the Bills run is not working. It was designed by Mike Martz and it has failed everywhere except St Louis where they had superior players for a few years, even then it died after Faulk left.

This year Jauron decided to overhaul the entire offensive line which I can understand, considering on how poorly they played last year, but then it could be because the line coach was a rookie. Thinking "continuity" it really made no sense to completely dismantle the O line and trade away Peters.

But hey, If Jauron is thinking he has 3 more years to get the job done then it does make sense, because that is about how long it will take before the two rookies start playing like all pro's, that is, if they develop properly with a line coach that didn't get it done last year.

Sorry Bills fans, but I just don't see this team doing very well this season with that line overhaul. What kind of bothers me is when the defensive line coach left Jauron replaced him with a very seasoned line coach and not some rookie, Time will tell.

Guest dog14787
I like Jauron,and think he is a fine person and a good defensive coordinator. His drawback is that he didn't hire an experienced offensive coordinator and line coach to replace the experienced coaches who left, in Jim McNally and Steve Fairchild.

I can only think that he wanted to keep the same offense in place and possibly enhance it to some degree. After Last season it was stated that Ralph Wilson wanted changes on the offense and Jauron declined stating he wanted "continuity".

It is clear to me that Jauron is thinking of keeping the same offensive system in place might help the young QB's to some degree, so they don't have to learn a new system. In fact he is overlooking the fact that the offensive system the Bills run is not working. It was designed by Mike Martz and it has failed everywhere except St Louis where they had superior players for a few years, even then it died after Faulk left.

This year Jauron decided to overhaul the entire offensive line which I can understand, considering on how poorly they played last year, but then it could be because the line coach was a rookie. Thinking "continuity" it really made no sense to completely dismantle the O line and trade away Peters.

But hey, If Jauron is thinking he has 3 more years to get the job done then it does make sense, because that is about how long it will take before the two rookies start playing like all pro's, that is, if they develop properly with a line coach that didn't get it done last year.

Sorry Bills fans, but I just don't see this team doing very well this season with that line overhaul. What kind of bothers me is when the defensive line coach left Jauron replaced him with a very seasoned line coach and not some rookie, Time will tell.

I honestly think having a decent group of TE's now and what could be the best 1,2 WR's in the league with the exception of Arizona and having one of the best groups of RB's in the NFL is really going to pay dividends.

Coaching may not be our strongest point, but our coaches are smart and of good character and the players play hard for them.

I'm excited myself, TO seems to be gelling without any problems and DJ is already bragging about TO's ability to read defenses and get open for TE. We need all the help and experience we can get and the way Shonert likes to use input from the players, theres a real good chance TO could help our offense allot more than just on the playing field, TO may actually be able to help Turk Shonert devise game plans.

On paper we are in my opinion one of the more talented ball clubs in the NFL.

I wonder if it's true that a team takes on the personality of the HC? We've never discussed that around here, wonder whether there's anything to that.

i think thats at least partially true...whens the last 'nice guy' coach to win a SB??.....

I honestly think having a decent group of TE's now and what could be the best 1,2 WR's in the league with the exception of Arizona and having one of the best groups of RB's in the NFL is really going to pay dividends.

Coaching may not be our strongest point, but our coaches are smart and of good character and the players play hard for them.

I'm excited myself, TO seems to be gelling without any problems and DJ is already bragging about TO's ability to read defenses and get open for TE. We need all the help and experience we can get and the way Shonert likes to use input from the players, theres a real good chance TO could help our offense allot more than just on the playing field, TO may actually be able to help Turk Shonert devise game plans.

On paper we are in my opinion one of the more talented ball clubs in the NFL.

The one thing still remains is whether or not that O line will perform well enough so that the bills can actually run or throw the ball. Don't forget, this is the same front office that thought Dockery was the answer at guard. Not to mention all the other players the Bills have tried on the O line. Shoot it has been a revolving door on that O line for years except for Peters position, oh wait...he is now an Eagle.

I'd be excited about this years Bills also If I had even the slightest notion that the O line will play well enough for Edwards to get a ball to TO.