Never mind, part #3457732

GG

Before we start feeling outrage we should confirm whether this is being reported by GQ

Who cares, they still have the Megan Fox videos on the front page. Like people will notice anything else?

There shouldn't be outrage, but rather congratulations to the Senate for finally realizing that throwing money at everything, regardless of whether a plan is in place, is not the answer. Stimulus checks are going to dead people. TARP money can't reach its destination, nor can its whereabouts be accounted for. Automakers suddenly don't have to repay their debt, as was promised. All of these are examples of the government throwing money at problems with no plan.

I'd suggest that the Democrats saw a quarter million people pissed at wasteful spending and realized that number could increase if they threw another $80 million at a plan that has no plan. They probably realized it's no different than throwing $634 billion as a down payment to a health care plan that has no plan. Or $50 billion at saving automakers when just a couple of months of patience would have shown that not only can the money not be repaid as promised, but that they were going into bankruptcy any way. Imagine. Just TWO MONTHS of patience would have saved not only the $50B of taxpayer money, but the interest that has to be paid on it for YEARS.

Maybe, just maybe, the Congress is hearing the voice of the people who are standing up and saying "No more spending." Maybe they saw California voters bitchslap five additional tax-and-spend initiatives like the reckless and irresponsible plans they were.

Or...y'know...maybe they just don't have the nutsack to put these people in their own yard.

But it was a nice promise while it lasted.

There shouldn't be outrage, but rather congratulations to the Senate for finally realizing that throwing money at everything, regardless of whether a plan is in place, is not the answer. Stimulus checks are going to dead people. TARP money can't reach its destination, nor can its whereabouts be accounted for. Automakers suddenly don't have to repay their debt, as was promised. All of these are examples of the government throwing money at problems with no plan.

I'd suggest that the Democrats saw a quarter million people pissed at wasteful spending and realized that number could increase if they threw another $80 million at a plan that has no plan. They probably realized it's no different than throwing $634 billion as a down payment to a health care plan that has no plan. Or $50 billion at saving automakers when just a couple of months of patience would have shown that not only can the money not be repaid as promised, but that they were going into bankruptcy any way. Imagine. Just TWO MONTHS of patience would have saved not only the $50B of taxpayer money, but the interest that has to be paid on it for YEARS.

Maybe, just maybe, the Congress is hearing the voice of the people who are standing up and saying "No more spending." Maybe they saw California voters bitchslap five additional tax-and-spend initiatives like the reckless and irresponsible plans they were.

Or...y'know...maybe they just don't have the nutsack to put these people in their own yard.

Do you have to hijack every single thread with this crap?

Wonderfully said. :wacko:

Do you have to hijack every single thread with this crap?

I didn't create this crap, and it's unfortunate you're unable to see the relevance between Democrats saying "no more spending on plans with no plans" and how that relates to the current administration making it rain with taxpayer money like Pacman Jones at a strip club.

I'm merely pointing out that the Democrats have seemingly recognized the "crap" you think I'm spewing, and are making a statement to stop it. I am specifically congratulating the Democrats. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Oh I see. So now pointing out the fact that Congress has been a joke for the last 5+ years is now thread hijacking? Reallly? Why don't you make a case for the job that they've done then?

No, i was just referring to the fact that no matter what the thread is, my pal LA brings up the massive spending and TARP and stimulus plan and auto bailout and we're all going to hell. It's a very legitimate question that needs to be answered. The same thing doesn't have to be asked in most every single thread for three months.

I didn't create this crap, and it's unfortunate you're unable to see the relevance between Democrats saying "no more spending on plans with no plans" and how that relates to the current administration making it rain with taxpayer money like Pacman Jones at a strip club.

I'm merely pointing out that the Democrats have seemingly recognized the "crap" you think I'm spewing, and are making a statement to stop it. I am specifically congratulating the Democrats. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

They aren't making a statement to stop it, they're making a statement so the other side can't make a big deal out of it.

What's to be outraged about? They have no idea where else to hold the detainees, so the Senate refuses to close the detainment center until they do. Doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me.

So, to summarize. The outrage over Guantanamo was that it was created by Bush, not that it served an unpleasant purpose.

I hate azzholes who walk in, make it rain, and steal all the action.

So, to summarize. The outrage over Guantanamo was that it was created by Bush, not that it served an unpleasant purpose.

I prefer to think of it as more of an "Oh sh--, now we have to be responsible for this? What are we gonna do? Campaigning against it was a hell of a lot easier." realization.

I prefer to think of it as more of an "Oh sh--, now we have to be responsible for this? What are we gonna do? Campaigning against it was a hell of a lot easier." realization.

Frankly I think that it was more like, "Hey, I can campaign on this and folks will forget about it when I'm elected. It shouldn't be that difficult to place the detainees in a friendly congressional district. Right, Jim Webb?"