Is it me or did the Bills cut just about every useless player??

It seems to me that the Bills have made an effort to upgrade almost every position on the team. They added new backups to almost every position & cut a lot of dead weight. All I can say is I am very impressed & can only see our depth bringing us closer to our true goal, .500.

That is all.

Thats because he is only dead weight to the peeps who look for sack totals in the newspaper...he is actually not that bad, not great, but he has value.

I dont dislike Kelsay because he cant get to the QB.

I dislike Kelsay because he over-pursues any play headed in his direction, gets bowled over by RBs, manhandled by Offensive Tackles AND cant get to the QB.

All while being paid 4 million dollars a year to do so.

Other than that, he's peachy.

It looks like their success and/or failure will come down to their O-line, and Defensive front seven. And QB. When you compare the Bills to some of the teams that look to dominate (Giants, San Diego, Pittsburg) those are the areas we look vulnerable in. In other areas, our team looks to have some of the best talent gathered in the NFL - Special Teams, WR, RB, Secondary.

I believe we'll have a swarming, play making, aggressive defense this year, but It'd be nice to see the D-line, and the LB corps become dominant.

I dislike Kelsay because he over-pursues any play headed in his direction, gets bowled over by RBs, manhandled by Offensive Tackles AND cant get to the QB.

i thought you were talking about Schobel...until you mentioned the 4 million

It looks like their success and/or failure will come down to their O-line, and Defensive front seven. And QB. When you compare the Bills to some of the teams that look to dominate (Giants, San Diego, Pittsburg) those are the areas we look vulnerable in. In other areas, our team looks to have some of the best talent gathered in the NFL - Special Teams, WR, RB, Secondary.

I believe we'll have a swarming, play making, aggressive defense this year, but It'd be nice to see the D-line, and the LB corps become dominant.

1-2 years away if we make all the right moves

Get used to it.

Thats because he is only dead weight to the peeps who look for sack totals in the newspaper...he is actually not that bad, not great, but he has value.

its not the sack #s. look at early in the way overrated schobels career. In that sense you are right. You are dead wrong in implying that Kelsays game is good despite not getting cheapo sacks. Well---the problem is not the sack numbers but the fact that he is out in the back 40 every pass play or draw play once the O lineman is finshed manhandling him.

I would say that he is a competent backup run stopper on obvious running plays.

He has very little value considering his cost.

1-2 years away if we make all the right moves

This is true. The best we can hope for is if the offensive line gels by week 6-7.

Get used to it.

We already are.

Chris Kelsay isn't useless he would be an awesome backup, if he'd take a pay cut. if not then yeah he is pretty useless. lol

Yes, he's virtually worthless.

its not the sack #s. look at early in the way overrated schobels career. In that sense you are right. You are dead wrong in implying that Kelsays game is good despite not getting cheapo sacks. Well---the problem is not the sack numbers but the fact that he is out in the back 40 every pass play or draw play once the O lineman is finshed manhandling him.

I would say that he is a competent backup run stopper on obvious running plays.

Everything is relative Alpha.

When a player get's evaluated, you have to take both his play and his pay into consideration. These are the two most important things you look at. Considering he is getting payed close to $5 Million a year, he is a terrible value.

Having said that, now that we've all ready have him signed and have payed him the majority of what he going to get payed, I'd rather have him as opposed to nothing. If we could get a 6th rounder in next years draft, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but just cutting him, at this point, wouldn't make too much sense to me.

If I were part of the FO, I'd ask to restructure his contract and have him take a pay cut. Doesn't hurt to see if he'd accept it, it has been known to happen on more than a few occasions.

Everything is relative Alpha.

When a player get's evaluated, you have to take both his play and his pay into consideration. These are the two most important things you look at. Considering he is getting payed close to $5 Million a year, he is a terrible value.

Having said that, now that we've all ready have him signed and have payed him the majority of what he going to get payed, I'd rather have him as opposed to nothing. If we could get a 6th rounder in next years draft, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but just cutting him, at this point, wouldn't make too much sense to me.

If I were part of the FO, I'd ask to restructure his contract and have him take a pay cut. Doesn't hurt to see if he'd accept it, it has been known to happen on more than a few occasions.

Every year there is a mix of good / bad values & since we've been 7-9 for 3 years in a row, they're all bad values.