Sporting News top 20 wide recievers

The following are a list of players I would consider in the same breath as T.O. and Evans (not including the other 18 listed from the OP link):

Derrick Mason

Laveranues Coles

Plaxico Burress

Chris (Chandler) EDIT: I meant Chambers.

Santonio Holmes

Dwayne Bowe

Steve Breaston

Jerricho Cotchery

A couple of these players (mason, coles) are towards the ends of their careers like TO. Much like TO, they have lost a step however, they also hang onto the ball more consistently when it's thrown their way. Definitely not the flashy types of receivers, more of a Hines Ward type, but still more reliable than TO.

Burress definitely has the off the field issues and depending on his court ruling could be out of the game for a while. Despite that, you can't dispute his on-field production.

I absolutely LOVE how Steve Breaston has been developed. I suppose I kill my own argument by saying maybe he's not top 20 right now but after what I saw last season I have no reason to believe that he won't progress and break that barrier.

The other few, Chandler, Holmes, Bowe, and Cotchery are all similar to Evans except I've actually seen them go over the middle more. That's my only dispute with Evans. He seems to either go deep or does a comeback. On occasion you see him over the middle but it is RARE that he gets the catch there.

I will concede that it is disputable to put Evans and TO into the top 20, but to say it without a second thought... well my opinion of the two isn't quite there.

The following are a list of players I would consider in the same breath as T.O. and Evans (not including the other 18 listed from the OP link):

Derrick Mason

Laveranues Coles

Plaxico Burress

Chris Chandler

Santonio Holmes

Dwayne Bowe

Steve Breaston

Jerricho Cotchery

A couple of these players (mason, coles) are towards the ends of their careers like TO. Much like TO, they have lost a step however, they also hang onto the ball more consistently when it's thrown their way. Definitely not the flashy types of receivers, more of a Hines Ward type, but still more reliable than TO.

Burress definitely has the off the field issues and depending on his court ruling could be out of the game for a while. Despite that, you can't dispute his on-field production.

I absolutely LOVE how Steve Breaston has been developed. I suppose I kill my own argument by saying maybe he's not top 20 right now but after what I saw last season I have no reason to believe that he won't progress and break that barrier.

The other few, Chandler, Holmes, Bowe, and Cotchery are all similar to Evans except I've actually seen them go over the middle more. That's my only dispute with Evans. He seems to either go deep or does a comeback. On occasion you see him over the middle but it is RARE that he gets the catch there.

I will concede that it is disputable to put Evans and TO into the top 20, but to say it without a second thought... well my opinion of the two isn't quite there.

Steve Breston? I could have 60 catches if Warner was my QB, while defenses had to key on Boldin and Fitz. Get real dude.

Derrick Mason

Laveranues Coles

Plaxico Burress

Chris Chandler

Santonio Holmes

Dwayne Bowe

Steve Breaston

Jerricho Cotchery

Yeah, Chris Chandler is pretty sick. That was amazing when he came out of retirement last year- bald and all, converted to receiver and put up those numbers. Definitely in the same class as TO and Lee Evans.

Steve Breston? I could have 60 catches if Warner was my QB, while defenses had to key on Boldin and Fitz. Get real dude.

Stop lying to me and everybody else on this board. Can't rule him out of being a product of what's around him, but because of what's around him he's going to become that much of a better player. I even said myself that maybe not top 20 material, but that was at the end of last year and you don't know what this year will bring. Watch this kid.

Yeah, Chris Chandler is pretty sick. That was amazing when he came out of retirement last year- bald and all, converted to receiver and put up those numbers. Definitely in the same class as TO and Lee Evans.

lol my bad, I meant Chambers.

I am not gonna start with this one. You're either just trying to stir the pot, or you're denying to yourself how good these guys are, for whatever reason...you don't want to blame Edwards if things don't go right, you want Steve Johnson to get playing time, you don't want to get your hopes up because Buffalo has let you down too many times, whatever. If this is your honest opinion, that Steve Breaston and Jerricho Cotchery are the equivalent of Terrell Owens and Lee Evans, you just aren't seeing the issue clearly. :thumbsup:

Order shmorder, it's freakin' great to have 2 Bills WR's considered so highly by any national publication! Why argue? Fair or unfair, true or false, it helps hope spring eternal that we're leaving a disasterous decade behind us.

We'll only know for sure how accurate the list is next year if Trent is in the top 10 QB's.

I am not gonna start with this one. You're either just trying to stir the pot, or you're denying to yourself how good these guys are, for whatever reason...you don't want to blame Edwards if things don't go right, you want Steve Johnson to get playing time, you don't want to get your hopes up because Buffalo has let you down too many times, whatever. If this is your honest opinion, that Steve Breaston and Jerricho Cotchery are the equivalent of Terrell Owens and Lee Evans, you just aren't seeing the issue clearly. :thumbsup:

I don't know where you're coming from with the Edwards blaming stuff... you're putting words into my mouth and did not address the argument at hand whatsoever. I conceded in my initial response that it was debatable and I listed the players I thought would be in the ballpark as a declining T.O. and Evans, a receiver who has proven that he can only go deep and has problems with double coverage.

I do think both are legitimate number one receivers. They don't have to be top 20 for that. To blindly put them there is folly.

I am not gonna start with this one. You're either just trying to stir the pot, or you're denying to yourself how good these guys are, for whatever reason...you don't want to blame Edwards if things don't go right, you want Steve Johnson to get playing time, you don't want to get your hopes up because Buffalo has let you down too many times, whatever. If this is your honest opinion, that Steve Breaston and Jerricho Cotchery are the equivalent of Terrell Owens and Lee Evans, you just aren't seeing the issue clearly. :flirt:

What he said.

Me personally at this stage of their careers, I would put Lee Evans above T.O., but does any of it matter if you don't have a top 10 Quarterback? They don't throw each other the ball. Lets just hope Edwards can make progress this season instead of the terrible play he displayed the second half of last season.