Help- Pisa AND Mitchell are.....

....So that leaves Mitchell assumedly where he is, and a 220 lb (Pisa) way overmatched on the Strong side. I'm not opposed, but nobody seems to realize that Mitch and Pisa play the same position....Am I missing something? ....

....So that leaves Mitchell assumedly where he is, and a 220 lb (Pisa) way overmatched on the Strong side. I'm not opposed, but nobody seems to realize that Mitch and Pisa play the same position....Am I missing something? ....

Pisa is a weak side linebacker

I think we need to pinn an explanation on the way the Bills LB's are set up...

Mitchell is a Sam LB playing in the Will spot...Buffalo switches its LB's arround...they play the Sam in the Will's spot and the Will in the Sam's spot...or the weak side LB plays in the Strong side LB spot and the Strong plays in the Weaks spot...so Pisa would be a WILL-LB playing in the SAM-LB side...and Mitchell is the teams SAM-LB playing in the WILL-LB spot.

Mitchell is a Sam LB playing in the Will spot...Buffalo switches its LB's arround...they play the Sam in the Will's spot and the Will in the Sam's spot...or the weak side LB plays in the Strong side LB spot and the Strong plays in the Weaks spot...so Pisa would be a WILL-LB playing in the SAM-LB side...and Mitchell is the teams SAM-LB playing in the WILL-LB spot.

A Running Back that lines up at wideout every play isn't a RB....

Just call them what position they play

Who's on first?

I hear what your saying..just going by the explanation told by the team, I think :lol: ...But, you can't call a WILL-LB lined up in the SAM-LB spot a SAM-LB if hes still doing the WILL-LB duties..LOL :thumbsup:

According to the Bills' depth chart from the game notes they give the media, Mitchell was the SLB, Posluszny was the MLB and Ellison was the WLB.

On a game-by-game basis, the Bills designated Mitchell as the following on a game-by-game basis:

LB for Week 1, SLB for Weeks 2 through 8, the generic "Played" for Week 9 (didn't start), SLB for Week 10, ROLB for Weeks 11 through 14 and SLB for the last two games.

Thank you. Confusing, but very helpful.

Now, I'm totally confused! Who's Sam and who's Will? And why aren't these guys lining up right? Maybe we should cut them both and get this damn defense fixed once and for all.

OK I get how we switch our linebackers up. I have a pretty good knowledge of X's and O's from playing in college, but I was an offensive player. Does anyone have ANY idea what kind of advantage, if any, this gives our linebackers? It seems stupid to me. The bigger, stronger, run-stuffer type player like Mitchell should be lining up to the strong side and our smaller, quicker, player should be playing in space on the weak side.

Everyone is calliing him what he played in ST. L. not what he will play here, that is is the problem.

Now, I'm totally confused! Who's Sam and who's Will? And why aren't these guys lining up right?....

If they both lined up on the right then who would be on the left?

Let's make this simple. If John Guy endorses the guy he must be lousy.