According to Whitner's Facebook Status

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donte posting on Facebook and Twitter like he does is a glimpse of the future of pro sports, especially the less popular ones. I really admire Donte's forward thinking in doing this.

Another average linebacker, why the excitement?

Why? Because right now Ellison is our starting WS LB, and he just can not cut it.

Pisa would be an obvious upgrade to the positions, giving us some depth. Pisa is 27, he was cut because of $$$ (Cap space) and b/c Rams head coach Steve Spagnalo (sp) likes bigger, more physical lbs, and they just drafter Ohio st Lb james Laurinatis (sp).

We like smaller, faster Lb for our Defensive system. So it makes sense to me. Sign him, plus the Pats are interested in him

How could you not get excited about a young LB in his prime, who led his team in tackles last year, possibly becoming a Bill?

That excitement triples when you realize that he'd be putting Keith Ellison back to reserve duty, finally.

I seen him play in the Rams game last year. With Poz and Mitchell and PT together that would be a potent LB trio!!! Bring on the popcorn.. Championship!!

UGH!!! everyone that is commenting that we would be brining in another undersized linebacker, or a linebacker that just got cut from the Rams are freaking making me crazy.

He is the best LB on the market right now besides a very old Derrick Brooks. :thumbdown:

He is only undersized because his coach asked him to play that way last year(has played anywhere from 220-240+). :wallbash:

He was the leading tackler on his team in 08. :blink:

He is in his prime an SHOULD get better. :blink:

He is without a doubt better than Ellison. :lol:

You cant expect the biggest name at each position on your team :wallbash: . Grow up and be happy were filling another hole and adding good depth with Ellison at backup. :thumbsup:

UGH!!! everyone that is commenting that we would be brining in another undersized linebacker, or a linebacker that just got cut from the Rams are freaking making me crazy.

He is the best LB on the market right now besides a very old Derrick Brooks. :thumbdown:

He is only undersized because his coach asked him to play that way last year(has played anywhere from 220-240+). :wallbash:

He was the leading tackler on his team in 08. :blink:

He is in his prime an SHOULD get better. :blink:

He is without a doubt better than Ellison. :lol:

You cant expect the biggest name at each position on your team :wallbash: . Grow up and be happy were filling another hole and adding good depth with Ellison at backup. :thumbsup:

Well put!!!! I like your thinking!

But, one of the gripes against Ellison is that at 6'0" and 229#, he is too small. So, we replace him with a guy that is 6'1" and 220# and it's "without a doubt better"? :thumbdown:

No, What I said was that he PLAYED at 220 last year when the coaching staff asked him to shed a few lbs and HAS PLAYED up to 240+.

I never said that Ellison was too small. My point was that Ellison sucks at starting OLB and should be a backup and a capable backup if he needs to fill in for short periods of time.

Thank you rpcolosi in your previous post: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=89019

from scouts in on Piso:

Grade: 66 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: He plays with very good lateral quickness and can change directions quickly. He has speed to the sideline with burst to close. He lacks overall strength to play stout, but can be aggressive on entry into blocks. He will stay stuck too long at times and lose ground working to escape. He still enters into some lead block contact with his shoulder first. He has good balance, but will get bounced. He is quick enough to sidestep or elude contact on his path to the ball. He has range and can close quickly from the backside to make plays. He usually provides good wrap on tackles and has some pop to him when he squares up. In coverage, he has good awareness. He'll stay on the field when the Rams go to nickel personnel. He is aggressive with his reads and will bite occasionally on play-action. He moves well in space, changes direction quickly and can recover from false steps. His overall reactions are adequate. He can close quickly after making reads. He is a productive player with good speed and range, when healthy.

from scouts inc on Ellison:

Grade: 57 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Ellison is an undersized athletic linebacker who is coming off his second season in the league. He is a backup who is used in sub packages and to give depth to a young linebacking corps. He is most productive when covered up and able to run free. He has good straight-line speed and shows effective range sideline to sideline. He can get engulfed when engaging lineman and is best when slipping blockers to get to the pile. He can play out of control at times and needs to come to balance better in space. He has improved his coverage techniques from his rookie season, but needs to read route progressions better in combination man and zone schemes. Ellison is a finesse player who can contribute when used in long-yardage situations and on special teams.

Per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/...le?id=TIN225467

Pisa Tinoisamoa | #50 | LB

St. Louis Rams | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 240 Age: 27

Born: 7/15/1981 San Diego , CA

College: Hawaii

Experience: 7th season

High School: Vista HS [CA]

Man I love proving people wrong with facts :wallbash:

No, What I said was that he PLAYED at 220 last year when the coaching staff asked him to shed a few lbs and HAS PLAYED up to 240+.

Link, please. People keep justifying his weight on this, but I have yet to read it anywhere.

But, one of the gripes against Ellison is that at 6'0" and 229#, he is too small. So, we replace him with a guy that is 6'1" and 220# and it's "without a doubt better"? :thumbdown:

One of the main gripes about Ellison is that he sucks!!