According to Whitner's Facebook Status

agreed. upgrade over ellison, but not by as much as we would all hope for.

i can see it now. Young OLB in His Prime gets cut by one of the worst teams in the NFL, leads Bills to Super Bowl... :lol:

not a game changer people...

Game changer?... no best option available to us?.... pretty much. He's better than june, keiaho as well. The only option that would've been better was a healthy Angelo Crowell.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donte Whitner PISA TINOISAOMA IS COMING HOME! WELCOME HIM BILLS FANS! Whoa...

26 minutes ago · Comment · Like

I hope to god that means we signed him.

Well he did say when TO was about to get signed he put it on his facebook page so I hope its true, but I will wait until the official signing comes out.

This offseason has been very productive dont yall think, even with Peters leaving.

Link, please. People keep justifying his weight on this, but I have yet to read it anywhere.

Ive heard it multiple places. The only link that I can find for this is the following which doesnt really prove me right it just states that he has been listed at 240 but also played at 220 last year.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-44/...Tinoisomoa.html

there are a couple links on the page. what do you want, him to get on a scale at your house and show you his weight. and it doesn't matter how much he ways. as long as he can tackle and make plays that is good enough for me

He may have played at 220 but he still lead his team in tackles. That is an accomplishment.

I was excited about this until I read Sisyphean's post. He reminded me that (1) a player who used to be 240, then went down to 220, can NEVER go back up to 240, and (2) Derrick Brooks, the perennial Pro Bowl LB who played most of his career around 230 anyway, obviously never existed.

Thank you, Sisyphean Bills, for continuing to be the voice of reason around here. Its beyond refreshing, its downright thirst-quenching.

I'm all for better depth and competition. Plus, most likely he's better than Ellison. However, I pray to god that "John Henderson is also coming home" too.

Is he Donte? Is John Henderson coming home too?

I'm all for better depth and competition. Plus, most likely he's better than Ellison. However, I pray to god that "John Henderson is also coming home" too.

Is he Donte? Is John Henderson coming home too?

Agree....would love to see them add another DT.

I was excited about this until I read Sisyphean's post. He reminded me that (1) a player who used to be 240, then went down to 220, can NEVER go back up to 240, and (2) Derrick Brooks, the perennial Pro Bowl LB who played most of his career around 230 anyway, obviously never existed.

Thank you, Sisyphean Bills, for continuing to be the voice of reason around here. Its beyond refreshing, its downright thirst-quenching.

:lol: Do you feel smarter when you make sh-- up?

:wallbash: Do you feel smarter when you make sh-- up?

Don't be modest, SB!

I see you have even deleted the post now...do not be afraid of your own success, my friend. But not to worry, not to worry! I made sure another poster quoted you not long after you composed your masterpiece. We can not take the risk of time stealing from us these sage words.

I just want to thank you for everything you do around here. It would be a real disaster if you weren't around to point out that Derrick Brooks never existed or that a player whose weight goes from A to B can never return to A. Otherwise, I'd probably allow myself to feel good when I think about my football team. :wallbash: Thank you a million times over for preventing that near disaster time and time again. I'm not sure I can ever repay you in full, but I vow with every fiber of my being that I will never stop trying.

Now enough delay, give us a speech! Come now! Give us cause to raise our glasses in celebration! We all need a hero in these troubled times...allow not modesty to get in the way of what you do best: helping your fellow fan.

Post on, Sisyphean Bills. They need your message.

:rolleyes:

Don't be modest, SB!

I see you have even deleted the post now...do not be afraid of your own success, my friend. But not to worry, not to worry! I made sure another poster quoted you not long after you composed your masterpiece. We can not take the risk of time stealing from us these sage words.

I just want to thank you for everything you do around here. It would be a real disaster if you weren't around to point out that Derrick Brooks never existed or that a player whose weight goes from A to B can never return to A. Otherwise, I'd probably allow myself to feel good when I think about my football team. :wallbash: Thank you a million times over for preventing that near disaster time and time again. I'm not sure I can ever repay you in full, but I vow with every fiber of my being that I will never stop trying.

Now enough delay, give us a speech! Come now! Give us cause to raise our glasses in celebration! We all need a hero in these troubled times...allow not modesty to get in the way of what you do best: helping your fellow fan.

Post on, Sisyphean Bills. They need your message.

:wallbash:

I never wrote a thing about Derrick Brooks. Nor did I write a thing about gaining and losing weight. Your making sh-- up. Kudos to you on that. :rolleyes:

Yes, I deleted the original post because tools like yourself were going out of your way to misrepresent what I did say. It's not really any mystery to me why you would do that.

The original post was actually intended as something somewhat light-hearted. The Bills are replacing one small LB (one that the deep thinker such as yourself expertly analyze as "sucks, always will suck"), a guy that the current regime brought in here with another LB that played at 220# (to which another poster "corrected" my post that he did not play at 220#, but he played at 220# last year). I wasn't the one that said "Ellison sucks". Heck, I didn't even say Pisa wasn't an upgrade. I merely pointed out that some people criticized Ellison for being on the small side and that Pisa was, at his max weight (which he didn't play at last year), only a couple of cans of beans bigger.

I never wrote a thing about Derrick Brooks. Nor did I write a thing about gaining and losing weight. Your making sh-- up. Kudos to you on that. :thumbsup:

Yes, I deleted the original post because tools like yourself were going out of your way to misrepresent what I did say. It's not really any mystery to me why you would do that.

The original post was actually intended as something somewhat light-hearted. The Bills are replacing one small LB (one that the deep thinker such as yourself expertly analyze as "sucks, always will suck"), a guy that the current regime brought in here with another LB that played at 220# (to which another poster "corrected" my post that he did not play at 220#, but he played at 220# last year). I wasn't the one that said "Ellison sucks". Heck, I didn't even say Pisa wasn't an upgrade. I merely pointed out that some people criticized Ellison for being on the small side and that Pisa was, at his max weight (which he didn't play at last year), only a couple of cans of beans bigger.

Ellison's size is only "one of the gripes" about him among fans who don't understand what we're going for on defense. Its annoying to read over and over people complaining about weights, when these are the exact players we're supposed to be going after. We're trying to be the Buccaneers under Dungy/Kiffin, the Bears under Jauron. I'm sure you understand this. Anyone complaining about size just doesn't have their head in the game. Its a very small segment of the board, I think.

Most fans realize we're going after smaller, quicker defenders who can fly to the ball. Most fans even grasp, amazingly, that players of the same weight can play at completely different levels.

Further, its hardly worth pointing out that he played at 220 last year, when he lost that weight for the team, played at 240 most of his career, and can put some of that weight back on if given the word. Not that weight should matter, anyway.

haha, tell me about it. It would be a cruel joke if we didn't.