"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals"

nobody

I've thought of a slogan for GB to use for the Middle East in his quest to democratize.

Vote or Die

103502[/snapback]

Obviously George W. Bush never said that. But, what obligation at all does he have to do things somebody else's way? No obligation whatsoever. Does anybody on this board, anybody at all, think that John F. Kerry would do anything the conservative way had he won the election? It may sound like "my way or the highway" and that is just tough. For the next four years, the losers need to go along to get along. Or they can obstruct like the last four years. I understand that even the GOP Congress did some obstructing when Bill Clinton was President. But, they also passed a lot of things he wanted. And he signed a lot of things that they initiated (because of the perceived will of the people). They went along to get along. Let's see how that all works out now for the next four years.

Obviously George W. Bush never said that.  But, what obligation at all does he have to do things somebody else's way?  No obligation whatsoever.  Does anybody on this board, anybody at all, think that John F. Kerry would do anything the conservative way had he won the election?  It may sound like "my way or the highway" and that is just tough.  For the next four years, the losers need to go along to get along.  Or they can obstruct like the last four years.  I understand that even the GOP Congress did some obstructing when Bill Clinton was President.  But, they also passed a lot of things he wanted.  And he signed a lot of things that they initiated (because of the perceived will of the people).  They went along to get along.  Let's see how that all works out now for the next four years.

103762[/snapback]

Way to bring the country together, Dubya! Lead on, fearless leader!

Well, what gets me is that the day after the election, he pledges to work with those who didn't support him. The day after that, he basically says he'll work with them as long as they go along with his plans. I see.

Well, what gets me is that the day after the election, he pledges to work with those who didn't support him. The day after that, he basically says he'll work with them as long as they go along with his plans. I see.

103838[/snapback]

Right, because historically the winner of an election always adopts the loser's platform...

:D

Right, because historically the winner of an election always adopts the loser's platform...

103842[/snapback]

He can do whatever he wants, no one is saying anything different. It is just that he said he wanted to reach out to the other side and try and bring the country together. That is what he said he wanted to do, not what we are saying he has to do. The next day, he does a 180 and essentially tells 54 million people to like it or lump it. That is fine if that is what he wants. What is disconcerting and worthy of criticism is that he wants the best of both worlds, the appearance of seeking unity and the reality of doing it his way or no way at all. He can't have both. Either make a genuine attempt at compromise or stop pretending that you have any interest at all in compromising.

If what he wants is two years of filibusters followed by two years of lame duckhood, then he need not seek compromise of any sort. If he wants to actually get things passed, then he needs to take the edge off and throw a bone or two to the opposition.

Rube and Gene....youve got some balls to accuse the President of trying to futher "split" the country, after what Fat-Boy Moore and many others from the Left have had to say on the issue. And dont give me this "He doesnt really represent the DNC". stevestojan. He was a guest of honor at the Convention, sitting proudly next to Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter. He's been elevated to VIP Status with you guys.

All the BS from Moore, demonstrations, talk like "!@#$ Middle America"...and you have the sand to accuse BUSH of being seperatist?

He can do whatever he wants, no one is saying anything different.  It is just that he said he wanted to reach out to the other side and try and bring the country together.  That is what he said he wanted to do, not what we are saying he has to do.  The next day, he does a 180 and essentially tells 54 million people to like it or lump it.  That is fine if that is what he wants.  What is disconcerting and worthy of criticism is that he wants the best of both worlds, the appearance of seeking unity and the reality of doing it his way or no way at all.  He can't have both.  Either make a genuine attempt at compromise or stop pretending that you have any interest at all in compromising.

If what he wants is two years of filibusters followed by two years of lame duckhood, then he need not seek compromise of any sort.  If he wants to actually get things passed, then he needs to take the edge off and throw a bone or two to the opposition.

103857[/snapback]

Why doesn't the left compromise some and agree with some of the policies proposed by GWB? What, are they divisive or something?

Arnold basically said the same thing:

"Why would I listen to losers?" Schwarzenegger asked. "Let's be honest. Democrats lost every single ballot in the Bay Area."

http://cbs5.com/news/local/2004/11/04/Schw...rs%3F'.html

He was NOT talking about Democrats, just their ideas.

"Why would I listen to losers?" Schwarzenegger asked. "Let's be honest. Democrats lost every single ballot in the Bay Area."

[

Funny how Arnold supported and help to win the proposition for 3billion for stem-cell research - thought that was more of a democratic idea.

Rube and Gene....youve got some balls to accuse the President of trying to futher "split" the country, after what Fat-Boy Moore and many others from the Left have had to say on the issue. And dont give me this "He doesnt really represent the DNC". stevestojan. He was a guest of honor at the Convention, sitting proudly next to Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter. He's been elevated to VIP Status with you guys.

103864[/snapback]

Beg pardon?

I've got some balls to accuse Dubya of trying to further split the country? I fail to see how I actually did that. Dubya's doing a great job of it all by his lonesome. I'm just pointing out what our Dubya said. He said he was going to reach out to his opponents. Then he reveals he's going to reach out to them just as long as they go along with his agenda.

But somehow I have the balls to accuse him of something?

Your subsequent referral to Moore just reeks of another Pavlovian response of the right whenever Dubya's comments, motivations, or agenda are questioned.

As for Gavin's comment, I'm not even sure that requires a response. Unless you've got yourself a monarchy, politics is a give and take process, even with a majority. Just under half of this country doesn't agree with Dubya's agenda. If he wants to force it down everybody's throats, the response should be fairly predictable.

As for Dubya's agenda...

All during the campaign Dubya kept wailing about "Where's he gonna find the money?" when referring to Kerry's plans. Argue all you want about how Kerry's plans were or were not more expensive than Dubya's. Point is, Dubya claims he's now got a mess of political capital and he's planning on one hell of a spending spree. Those grand plans of his are going to cost a boatload of money that we just don't have. Where's he gonna find the money? Who's gonna get the bill?

Not to worry, our kids and grandkids will figure out a way to deal with it.

I wonder what real Republicans -- you know, the kind that could actually be called "Republicans" not too long ago -- are now thinking of this administration.

All the BS from Moore, demonstrations, talk like "!@#$ Middle America"...and you have the sand to accuse BUSH of being seperatist?

103864[/snapback]

I'm not defending Moore. Michael Moore is one man and holds no public office, while George Bush is the president and is supposed to be serving us all. Dubya should be held to a higher standard.

Why doesn't the left compromise some and agree with some of the policies proposed by GWB?  What, are they divisive or something?

http://cbs5.com/news/local/2004/11/04/Schw...rs%3F'.html

103868[/snapback]

The left isn't going to pass anything. You ask the driver of the bus to take a short cut, not the passengers in the back. To get anything of what they want, they will have to compromise. That it son obvious, I didn't think it needed to be mentioned. Any proposal they make is dead on arrival unless they get some bi-partisan support so comporomise is about all they will be doing for the next two years. The question is whether or not the President will as he is the one who has a choice, the democrats don't. He basically said one day he will and the next said he wasn't. I don't care which way he goes, just don't pretend to be interested in unity and then pursue a course that guarantees disunity. It is like drinking a toast to sobriety. You can't have it both ways.

As for the "why listen to losers" remark from Arnold, that is almost too stupid to even bother responding to. There were 54 million losers who voted and if Arnold thinks it is a good idea to alienate them, ignore them and generally mock them out simply because their candidate didn't win he would do well to realize that today's losers can be tommorows winners. Any one who has read any American history as opposed to Austrian, would know that no party has ever been ascendant for ever. On the issues, Arnold is about 55% Republican and 45% Democrat so apparently he finds many of the "ideas" of the "losers" to be "winners".

103838[/snapback]

Don't you understand he is the quintessential talking head (GWB)?

He is kissing you on the face and effing you in the back.

Wake up people!