If the Bills Fire Jauron mid season?

O.k. its no secret that most Bills fans are down on Jauron after his sub par coaching over the last three years. Now the first question I have is at what point do you fire Jauron? I think if they go 1-4 or 2-6 you pull the plug and start over. Now the question is who do you replace him with? Do you hire a guy like Gruden to try and give him time to evaluate the players on the roster or do you promote from within and see who is available during the offseason? If you do that than who do you hire.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby April would be the interim head coach.

Well if they can get Gruden or another proven coach in asap why would they wait till the season ends when they could get the guy they want now and not risk him getting away. But yeah if they had to promote form within they should go with April.

the Bills will not fire Jauron during the season no matter what their record is

and anyone thinking they will hire Shanahan is kidding themselves...their next coach will be another Jauron or Greg Williams

I wouldn't put it past Ralph to pull the plug if the record's below .400 at week ten.

...their next coach will be another Jauron or Greg Williams

As assistant HC, April would finish out the season. Then I'd expect an off-season search for an up-and-coming assistant from a playoff team. That's where they were headed before Gregg-o and Mike-ugh (who were TD creations) and DJ (Marv's pick).

Guest dog14787

and anyone thinking they will hire Shanahan is kidding themselves...their next coach will be another Jauron or Greg Williams

To me, Shanahan is RW's kind of guy and would make a very good fit in Buffalo, he understands how to deal with playing in adverse weather conditions and knows how to win a championship.

Its my top choice unless Bill Cowher decided to coach again, but In my opinion Bobby April would probably take over and finish the season off if it happens mid season.

If it came down to Dick getting the pink slip...I agree with April getting the nod...

However, getting Shanny & Gruden mid-season would'nt work...they would turn down the job in a heartbeat...not because it's coaching for the Bills...mostly because coaching a sinking-ship team half way through the season-isn't that enticing...

Me personally, in the long run...I'd love to see Gruden coach the Bills if things don't work out...

Any offensive minded coach who has the nuts to win.

I like the idea of hiring a guy right then to evaluate players, but you wouldnt see a new coach coaching right away. They cant teach a new O or D mid year.

You're delusional if you think Sha-na-na or Chowder will sign on as HC of The Bills.

They want two things - Total Control and UnGodly Money.

Ralph's got his Russ in place and that's not going to change, so megalomaniacs need not apply.

The worst thing they'll do to Jauron make him pose for another official photo.

If he doesn't crack the lens again they'll probably keep him for the year.

If it came down to Dick getting the pink slip...I agree with April getting the nod...

However, getting Shanny & Gruden mid-season would'nt work...they would turn down the job in a heartbeat...not because it's coaching for the Bills...mostly because coaching a sinking-ship team half way through the season-isn't that enticing...

Me personally, in the long run...I'd love to see Gruden coach the Bills if things don't work out...

True but it is also possible that Gruden or another big name coach could be given an agreement with Ralph that they are the coach next year and that gives them the chance to evaluate the talent they have already on the roster and try and get a jump on finding out what coaches they want.

It doesn't happen that often but I think it could work out because the Bills don't always get top candidates and top assistants and getting an early jump on a coaching staff is a good way to curb that. I think Dallas is doing something similar with Shanny if Wade does not work out.

You're delusional if you think Sha-na-na or Chowder will sign on as HC of The Bills.

They want two things - Total Control and UnGodly Money.

Yep. Neither of which Ralph will ever give.

I doubt they'd ever consider coaching in a small market, either, since they're both pretty media-centric...

I personally think Bobby April should be the next head coach. In my opinion he is everything the Bills need.

1) His unit has been tops in the league since he has been with the Bills.

2) He is innovative in his approach. League rules changes don't seem to phase him.

3) He gets excited cheers on players who make big plays. Very Mike Tomlin like or Tony Sparano.

4) When he speaks to the special teams all eyes are on him. You can tell his voice is heard.

5) Works with offensive and Defensive players all year long.

6) He has to motivate a bunch of players who don't make big money and are 2nd, 3rd string guys who may never see the first string.

Every year the Media hypes the sexiest Offensive/Defensive coordinators. Every year we see these same guys do nothing. It hasn't worked for any of NE's AWESOME coordinators yet.

I would be happy with Bobby April or Shananhan. Gruden is a jerk and lost the respect of all his players which is why he lost his job.

Well if they can get Gruden or another proven coach in asap why would they wait till the season ends when they could get the guy they want now and not risk him getting away. But yeah if they had to promote form within they should go with April.

It is difficult for new coaching staffs to install a new system over the course of an offseason, how could you expect them to over the course of one week.

I wouldn't put it past Ralph to pull the plug if the record's below .400 at week ten.

why? cant be because he has a history of doing it because he doesnt?

and if they are below .400 by week 10 what would be the point of replacing Jauron

To me, Shanahan is RW's kind of guy and would make a very good fit in Buffalo, he understands how to deal with playing in adverse weather conditions and knows how to win a championship.

since when is Shanahan a Ralph Wilson kind of guy? he is too high profile and would cost way more then Ralph is going to pay the next head coach

its been a long time since Shanahan won those Super Bowls and hasnt come close to winning one since without Elway so I dont see how you can say he knows how to win a championship. He clearly doesnt know how to build a championship team because with full control in Denver he seemed to field a similar team every year that never improved