Brian Leonard!

Frez

This is ground breaking news!

Brian Leonard ran for 102 yards against the Cardinals in 2007, but struggled to stay healthy last season.

The St. Louis Rams traded former Rutgers fullback Brian Leonard to the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, according to a Cincinnati Enquirer report.

Leonard, a fullback who will be entering his third season in the NFL, is one of the most beloved and accomplished players in Rutgers history. During his four years at the school, he accumulated over 4,500 yards from scrimmage and 45 touchdowns, while helping to usher in the resurgence of the football program under coach Greg Schiano.

He was drafted in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft (No. 52 overall) and played in all 16 games his rookie season, amassing 486 yards from scrimmage. He ran the ball 86 times for 303 yards, including a 102-yard performance against the Arizona Cardinals, and caught 30 passes for 183 yards.

Last season, however, Leonard was limited by injuries and saw action in just two games, rushing for seven yards on two carries.

The Bengals sent defensive tackle Orien Harris to the Rams, his sixth NFL team. Harris played in 14 games last season and recorded 24 tackles.

A guy on St. Louis radio today proclaimed it a brilliant move by the Rams, that they were able to get ANYTHING for Brian Leonard. He compared the move with Branch Rickey's signing of Jackie Robinson. I'm not kidding. That's what this guy, a professional radio host, had to say about the Brian Leonard trade.

He went on to say "Leonard will probably play for the Bengals....after all THEY ARE THE BENGALS." As if the 2-14 Rams were anything special.

I liked Leonard too, coming out of Rutgers. I am not surprised that the Rams were unable to figure out how to use him.

I'm a fan of Rutgers, but never thought Leonard would make much of a pro, and still don't. He's not athletic enough to play HB in the NFL.

What about moving that kid to TE?