Economy still rolling along

Just announced a little while ago the October jobs numbers:

jobs created: 337,000

Expected growth was 177,000

Hmm, maybe this is why the President recieved such an overwhelming victory.....real people know that he is getting the job done.

Oh well, I expect no big deal to be made out of this by the elite media. After all they feel that GWB just got all of the positive press that he will be recieving for the next 4 years.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, maybe this is why the President recieved such an overwhelming victory.....real people know that he is getting the job done.

Oh well, I expect no big deal to be made out of this by the elite media. After all they feel that GWB just got all of the positive press that he will be recieving for the next 4 years.

103036[/snapback]

Ice and BF said there aren't any jobs.

Well they did open another Walmart superstore a few miles from where I live, so I guess there are more jobs being created. Too bad they pay less, require people with families to work nights and weekends and be away from their children when they're home, and force vendors to increase importing products made by cheap overseas labor, as opposed the the high paying manufacturing jobs that have left the area in the past couple of years. But yeah, there are more jobs. Just don't look at the details, concentrate on the price of stocks that the majority of us don't have enough of to live off the dividends, and yeah, the economy is doing great.

Well they did open another Walmart superstore a few miles from where I live, so I guess there are more jobs being created.  Too bad they pay less, require people with families to work nights and weekends and be away from their children when they're home, and force vendors to increase importing products made by cheap overseas labor, as opposed the the high paying manufacturing jobs that have left the area in the past couple of years.  But yeah, there are more jobs.  Just don't look at the details, concentrate on the price of stocks that the majority of us don't have enough of to live off the dividends, and yeah, the economy is doing great.

103127[/snapback]

You got pretty much all the soundbytes in there. Good job, Joe.

Well they did open another Walmart superstore a few miles from where I live, so I guess there are more jobs being created.  Too bad they pay less, require people with families to work nights and weekends and be away from their children when they're home, and force vendors to increase importing products made by cheap overseas labor, as opposed the the high paying manufacturing jobs that have left the area in the past couple of years.  But yeah, there are more jobs.  Just don't look at the details, concentrate on the price of stocks that the majority of us don't have enough of to live off the dividends, and yeah, the economy is doing great.

103127[/snapback]

You must really hate your fellow Americans who just want low prices so they can keep more of what they earn. When will you libs call for a 'Walmart Tax Act'? Whatever one saves in shopping at Walmart, they must turn around and give it to the government so they can give it back to 'the people'.

Yeah, that'll fly... :D

Just don't look at the details, concentrate on the price of stocks that the majority of us don't have enough of to live off the dividends, and yeah, the economy is doing great.

103127[/snapback]

When did this fact become the fault of the government. The government didn't give me my stocks. I bought them myself. With my own money. The money I earned after working three jobs to get through college so I could have a good, solid source of employment and income so I could take personal accountability for my life.

Tell me why again you bring this point up?

When did this fact become the fault of the government.  The government didn't give me my stocks. I bought them myself.  With my own money. The money I earned after  working three jobs to get through college so I could have a good, solid source of employment and income so I could take personal accountability for my life.

Tell me why again you bring this point up?

103151[/snapback]

But...but....FLIGHTSUIT! HALLIBURTON! NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!

103127[/snapback]

What loser would work for WalMart...Do they think they could work their way up to management are they trying to EARN a living, idiots. Don't they know the govt will pay them NOT to work.

It's all just a big joke to you people that the gap between the haves and have nots increases while the middle class gets squeezed. Keep shopping at Walmart and saving your few precious dollars at the expense of domestic jobs. I'll keep boycotting them and paying more for American made products while they're still available and I still have a salary that allows me to.

103127[/snapback]

My guess is that a manager at Walmart makes 40k or so per year. More then likely a store manager makes 60K or more per year. Moral of this story.....get an education, and work hard to get into management...it definately pays better then running the cash register.

Now I am not saying that running a cash register is not a worthy job. My youngest is doing it right now while she attends college. She makes $8.25 per hour and works about 20 hours per week. The difference is, she is not aspiring to be the best Walmart cashier in history...it is a stepping stone. She does not expect that it will ever pay all of the bills, but it is an experience.

This is the way of the working world......never stop educating yourself, and never expect that the job you are working today will be there tommorrow. You better create your own personal value....otherwise you get what you deserve.

It's all just a big joke to you people that the gap between the haves and have nots increases while the middle class gets squeezed.  Keep shopping at Walmart and saving your few precious dollars at the expense of domestic jobs.  I'll keep boycotting them and paying more for American made products while they're still available and I still have a salary that allows me to.

103318[/snapback]

The gap between the haves and havenots is perhaps the stupidest argument in the history of arguements. It is normally perpetuated by those who do not have it in themselves to compete and win. I have never heard anyone successful say " darn, this was way too easy...I feel so guilty"

That is because they busted their asses, they worked hard to educte themselves, or get the training required to take the next step in life. Oh by the way, the reason we do so, is so we can make more money, and improve our position in this life. If we did not have this drive then we would not be at the top of the food chain......the cows would be herding and cooking us.

103036[/snapback]

I'm glad job numbers are up, that's a good sign for all of us.

But why is it that when job numbers are down, it's "not the president's job to create jobs, it's business' job," yet when numbers are up, the president gets the credit? I have difficulty reconciling that.

Please don't take this as a shot at the current administration, it's an observation based on GOP & Dem rhetoric over my lifetime. It seems that, depending on who holds the office, that both sides are equally guilty of this.

I'm glad job numbers are up, that's a good sign for all of us. 

But why is it that when job numbers are down, it's "not the president's job to create jobs, it's business' job," yet when numbers are up, the president gets the credit?  I have difficulty reconciling that.

Please don't take this as a shot at the current administration, it's an observation based on GOP & Dem rhetoric over my lifetime.  It seems that, depending on who holds the office, that both sides are equally guilty of this.

103347[/snapback]

Except for me, I've consistently stated that the President has little or nothing to do with job reation: businesses do.

That is because they busted their asses, they worked hard to educte themselves, or get the training required to take the next step in life. Oh by the way, the reason we do so, is so we can make more money, and improve our position in this life. If we did not have this drive then we would not be at the top of the food chain......the cows would be herding and cooking us.

103346[/snapback]

I would really love to live in the black and white world of the Republicans. Unfortunately I actually give a stevestojan about my fellow americans.

Okay, so I am no economist, but tell me how we add 337,000 new jobs last month and this is such a great thing and in the exact same time period unemployment went up from 5.4% to 5.5%? Bush didn't decide to overhaul simple math because he got a "mandate", did he?

Seems to me like we lost about 30,000.