So glad we didn't take Pettigrew

I just wanted to take this opportunity to rub it in the faces of all those who wanted to draft Pettigrew in the first round, and especially the ones who wanted to do so at #11. I knew there was no chance in heck of the Bills drafting a TE in the first two rounds...as did anyone else with an ounce of football knowledge, so nah nah nah nah =p.

Anyway, just look at the Lions. They got him late in the round so at a much better value, and the fans are so chagrined by it that they are booing the guy on stage. Even Lions fans understand that you don't draft TEs until all your important positions are filled. Pettigrew is a much better value to the Lions than to any other team, but I still think they should have addressed other needs, and I understand the Lions fans sentiment over this pick.

Anyway thanks for reading this pointless thread.

The Lions fans boo everything now...they're jaded by years of poor leadership and idiotic management.

Pettigrew is a stud TE in every way. I didn't want the Bills to grab him at 11 either, but at 28 would have been fine with me.

That being said, I loved the Bills draft this year.....4th round gem Shawn Nelson will be a great addition to the passing game.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to rub it in the faces of all those who wanted to draft Pettigrew in the first round, and especially the ones who wanted to do so at #11. I knew there was no chance in heck of the Bills drafting a TE in the first two rounds...as did anyone else with an ounce of football knowledge, so nah nah nah nah =p.

Anyway, just look at the Lions. They got him late in the round so at a much better value, and the fans are so chagrined by it that they are booing the guy on stage. Even Lions fans understand that you don't draft TEs until all your important positions are filled. Pettigrew is a much better value to the Lions than to any other team, but I still think they should have addressed other needs, and I understand the Lions fans sentiment over this pick.

The Lions fans booed because they were 0-16 and have a ton of holes to fill, and TE is not usually a priority at that point in the rebuilding process. With that said-it was probably a good pick considering every young QB needs a big target at TE as an outlet. So whether they booed or not is irrelevant. Fans opinions at the draft are not the be all end all.

for the record- i was one of the people against taking him at 11. Plus Mr. Football knowledge, read more articles; the bills tried trading up to get Pettigrew in the 20's. Lions beat them to it. Good for them.

nah nah nah?...rub it in your faces? get a life. its football. certainly nothing to gloat about-considering you had nothing to do with the decision making process you fool.

<_<

I watched the draft with a Lions fan and he was not pleased with the Pettigrew pick. Neither of us could believe they passed on Oher at 20. And then they passed on Maualuga at 33! How good would there draft look if they had Stafford and those two?

Guest dog14787

Funny, seems like everyone I'm talking to that has a brain in there head is saying just the opposite about the Lions draft. <_<

I was at the draft. Lions fans booed everything. They also wore bags over their heads. I never heard such a 1st pick overall get booed the way Stafford did.

Then there is always the fact that the fans dont have anything to do with Pettigrew and his potential. I hope Pettigrew is a monster at TE so you can go on with the rest of your life knowing that your an idiot.

Nice Post <_<

I guess I don't understand your point. Since some Lions fans booed the pick at the draft that means it wasn't a good pick? I'm as big of a Pettigrew fans as you'll find and I really didn't want the Bills to take him at 11th. That doesn't mean he isn't going to be a stud in this league for a long time.

I guess I don't see the point of proclaiming your great football knowledge before these rookies play a down of football. If Pettigrew goes on to play in this league for 10-12 years and is a multiple time pro bowler is it still a bad pick because he is a TE?

We actually tried a few times to trade up to get him but the asking price was too high.

The Lions coaches were ballwashing him during their mini-camp last week, too.

I'm ecstatic with the man that we selected at TE, not to mention the fabulous position, 4th round being an absolute steal. Look, just off the top of my head lets give Pettigrew a 10 on blocking and Nelson a 5 but know what? HE WILL DEVELOPE INTO A GOOD BLOCKER! IMO he'll probably become, say about an 8.

As far as receiving, the numbers will be somewhat reversed. Whereas Pettigrew will be a very fine possesion receiver, our man Nelson will be possesion, midrange, homerun, you name it and chances are he will excel at it.

We got a good one, Bills fans, and anyone who feels poorly about not getting Pettigrew, get over it!! We got a good one!! We needed a TE who was predominantly a dangerous receiver, not a blocker, and we got him...in spades!!

The season hasn't even been played yet, how are you rubbing anything in anyone's face? So they weren't going to take a TE in the first two rounds, how the hell would you know that? What if Pettigrew was there at 28, numbnuts?

The Lions fans hated the pick because they desperately needed a OT and MLB. Both Michael Oher and Rey Maualuga were there and they chose neither of them. Get your facts straight.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to rub it in the faces of all those who wanted to draft Pettigrew in the first round, and especially the ones who wanted to do so at #11. ...as did anyone else with an ounce of football knowledge, so nah nah nah nah =p.

I'm sorry but I don't understand this kind of thinking. Aren't we all, or at least most of us, supposed to be fans of the same team? It's pretty disappointing that there is really very little unity amongst us here. Debating a topic is one thing but gloating when someone is proven wrong for having an opinion is, well, childish. Thanking people for reading a pointless thread is the icing on the cake.

I'm just going to offer you a suggestion. Delete this whole thread and let people forget that you wrote this. I've deleted one or two posts myself due to the content.

I love Bills fans speaking from a position of superiority over the Lions. The majority of professional analysts were a lot more impressed with the Lion's pick of Pettigrew than with the Bill's pick of Maybin. With this pick, the Bills are going to have a DL consisting of an undersized rookie who couldn't play the run in college, Schobel (can't play the run) and Kyle Williams (classic overachiever who gets pushed around in the running game). Stroud is a beast but can't do it on his own. Combine that with an undersized LB core, and I will confidently pick the Bills to finish in the bottom 5 in th NFL in run D. How Bills fans can be happy with an offseason that sees their team trade away there best offensive lineman without replacing him via the draft or FA is beyond me. Trent Edwards is going to get fricking killed this year. Don't even talk about L Walker, because I know intelligent Bills fans can't type anything good about him with a straight face. Every year the Bills attempt to patch holes in their lineup while creating new ones somewhere else. The personnel decisions by this team are the reason Buffalo is one of the laughing stocks of the NFL, and currently tied (with the Lions) for longest playoff drought in the league.

I love Bills fans speaking from a position of superiority over the Lions. The majority of professional analysts were a lot more impressed with the Lion's pick of Pettigrew than with the Bill's pick of Maybin. With this pick, the Bills are going to have a DL consisting of an undersized rookie who couldn't play the run in college, Schobel (can't play the run) and Kyle Williams (classic overachiever who gets pushed around in the running game). Stroud is a beast but can't do it on his own. Combine that with an undersized LB core, and I will confidently pick the Bills to finish in the bottom 5 in th NFL in run D. How Bills fans can be happy with an offseason that sees their team trade away there best offensive lineman without replacing him via the draft or FA is beyond me. Trent Edwards is going to get fricking killed this year. Don't even talk about L Walker, because I know intelligent Bills fans can't type anything good about him with a straight face. Every year the Bills attempt to patch holes in their lineup while creating new ones somewhere else. The personnel decisions by this team are the reason Buffalo is one of the laughing stocks of the NFL, and currently tied (with the Lions) for longest playoff drought in the league.

Laughingstock? You may enjoy coming on this board and antagonizing the fans here but are you man enough to come back this year when you're proven blatantly wrong? Prsonally I don't think you are but we'll see. I can't wait to hear what you have to say when the Bills at LEAST split with the Patriots this year and also threaten for the division title. Go ahead, laugh, matter of fact bookmark this post because I am.

Schobel was leading the league in tackles for D-linemen before he got hurt, but OK.

Why do you post here? I'm just trying to think about why someone would want to waste their time on a rival team's message board. Like either go talk about your team, or go outside and enjoy the day or something. I'll never understand why people insist on being such miserable !@#$s.

If Pettigrew goes on to play in this league for 10-12 years and is a multiple time pro bowler is it still a bad pick because he is a TE?

Exactly. Regardless of how successful of a career he has, you have to wonder how much the pick will help win games. Case in point: the Kansas City Chiefs. Let's not even start to pretend Pettigrew will ever approach Tony Gonzalez, but even if he does, how much has Tony helped the Chiefs win? They've had a few decent seasons but no sustained success and no super bowls. And this is the undisputed greatest TE to ever play the game. Perhaps Pettigrew will dominate the league and be considered the 2nd greatest or even the greatest ever to play before its over - the question is why do you wager a solid 1st pick shooting at one of the smaller squares on the dartboard? The only time it makes sense to do this is when you have a solid roster with no glaring weaknesses, then you go after a Pettigrew type player to put you over the top. I just don't believe it is a good idea to ever consider TE a top priority when you have other holes to fill, much less to try to rebuild a program around one. We shall see if the next few years prove my words.